Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 08:19:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLeague of Legends
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 215
Print
Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 309672 times)
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2010, 03:51:22 PM »

lalala, people don't listen to advice when playing

Toucantastic.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 10:20:32 PM »

im not sure what that means but you'll have dumb games until a while

play with friends, seriously
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2010, 04:40:28 AM »

Not a lot of people will have common sense or chance of being nice until at least level 20.
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 04:54:00 AM »

i like league exactly because it isnt true to the feeling of dota
+over 9000

it's similar to dota in terms of gameplay, but still different. and that's awesome.

Sorano
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »

Ahahah Leblanc is almost so very broken, but so squishy.

I think it's the first time the concept of caster assassin's actually worked.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2011, 07:21:06 PM »

I'm playing now, my screenname is Toucanator. I like to rape face with Kog'Maw.

I liked to play Nasus, but now I see he seems pretty underpowered because he has no CC or huge burst damage at the beg. of the game.

Wish I had enough IP for Twitch or Karth.

Toucantastic.
Sorano
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »

Yeah, I've been playing a lot again lately. Those last few patches shook the meta-game a lot. Bought Swain he's fun and well balanced. Unless more start playing him. Then the vocal minority will complain and Riot will nerf him.

Because apparently that's what you do in online multiplayer game design folks.

Also, I feel I must state this: Teemo is NOT my favorite character. He's just a adorable fuzzball of shroomyness.
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2011, 12:03:01 AM »

70% of people have no common sense, this is really sad.  Facepalm
I weep for humanity because of the katarina we had that doesn't ULTi ever and gets railai's staff.  Coffee Its a mind-boggler.

Toucantastic.
im9today
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »

...I haven't played Kat in a while, but that staff was at one point basically a required item for her. It helps you chase and keeps people within your ult range, plus it gives you the survivability you must have when you jump into five enemies to start spinning. Maybe you should play the game a bit more before you start talking trash? *ICEBURNZ* Crazy

Almost everything below 30 isn't going to be 'good' anyway, or at least not optimal. The biggest problem I remember is that people wanted to just push the lanes and not last hit and then they would get ganked. Over and over. Also not buying wards, building for the match-up, etc. That stuff comes in time, hopefully. Some people play 10k games and never learn though I guess.

And I don't have a problem with Riot's balancing as of late. I think jungling is still too important and Taric needs slight nerfs (even though I love the pink bastard) but those changes are both supposed to be in the next patch. I do think the sniper character really really sucks but maybe they can fix her, or maybe there's something I don't know. But an ult that does less than two autoattacks late game and channels and can be blocked is just, uh, not good?

Also ggs to the Monster King the other night! Let's do it again soon. Well, hello there!

edit: if anyone wants to add to or redo the OP let me know, it's pretty old and not very informative

double edit: i also noticed champ designer Brackhar is a member here, i'd like to play with him sometime!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:30:59 AM by im9today » Logged
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 12:41:17 AM »

...I haven't played Kat in a while, but that staff was at one point basically a required item for her. It helps you chase and keeps people within your ult range, plus it gives you the survivability you must have when you jump into five enemies to start spinning. Maybe you should play the game a bit more before you start talking trash? *ICEBURNZ* Crazy

I don't really feel the burn, I just think it's really funny to get an item to cool-off your abils faster, but never use them in a desirable way or even never use abilities at all.

I also feel able to talk trash when a player doesn't even use an ability AT ALL. THE ENTIRE GAME. A person with a lvl 12 summoner.

Toucantastic.
im9today
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 12:50:30 AM »

I was just being ironic with the iceburn thing, just a dumb joke because I am a dumb person. But that's not what Rylai's Crystal Scepter does dude, it makes your spells slow by a percent on hit (35% iirc). Maybe you are thinking of another item? CDR is great on Kat anyway because she is manaless so you can spam spells as fast as they are off of CD. But yeah, not using one of the grand total of four buttons you have sounds pretty bad.

If you are coming from DotA or HoN you should anticipate people being less skilled in general than you are used to, both because of the matchmaking system you have to climb and the fact that a free game is going to attract less dedicated players. You WILL be frustrated by your teammates pre30, and sometimes post30, that's pretty much all there is to it. It sucks.

play with friends, seriously
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:56:44 AM by im9today » Logged
LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »

Yup, the sucky people doesn't go away, even at higher elos apparently. I play this game a lot, mainly because i have friends who play and met some good guys who I play with regularly, ign is same as forum name: LilMonsta, if anyone wants to add me.

-Steve
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »

I come from dota and hon, and I'd like to play with you guys sometime. Right now I'm destroying teams with fiddlesticks. Still Toucanator if you ever want to add.

Toucantastic.
Sorano
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »

I am majorly disappointed that Surgeon Shen wasn't a riff on Doctor McNinja.

Also, Katarina, in her current state, is pretty incredible right now. I hadn't played in her months, nor played against her. She used to be one of the best assassins in the game. She's just about overshadowed by everyone else these days.

By what I've been seeing, I'm tempted to say that high-burst casters will probably dominate the next phase of the metagame.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:32:22 AM by Sorano » Logged
im9today
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2011, 01:40:13 PM »

Is there anything better in LoL than carrying a game, later going to the profiles of the people you beat, and seeing that they've played practice games using your character and build?

well 10k parrrley crits might be more instantly satisfying

and if casters are doing well now i'd base it on that stupid new deathcap item which will probably be nerfed next patch. karthus's ult with 20 stacks and a deathcap is 1) not hard to get and 2) really really hurts your whole team (unless they stack magic res, and good luck getting bad players to buy any defensive items)
LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »

By what I've been seeing, I'm tempted to say that high-burst casters will probably dominate the next phase of the metagame.

I noticed this too, which i'm not opposed to this particular shift in the metagame if it happens, it's kind of at the almost mid-way point right now for that I think. we'll see what happens next patch

I personally don't have a problem with the new items, I know it makes karthus a beast with his ult, and most high burst casters, but from the looks of it, the design team have no second thoughts going against their new items, don't expect changes on those any time soon.
im9today
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2011, 08:10:20 PM »

metagame lol
wouldnt casters being better just be the game?

im metaposting because this is a post about your posts

also
from the looks of it, the design team have no second thoughts going against their new items, don't expect changes on those any time soon.
Quote from: Zileas aka lead design director
My preliminary experiences with it lead me to think it may be OP
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:30:51 PM by im9today » Logged
LilMonsta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »

Alright well i didn't see that post, the only posts I saw were ones of the dev team going "No we like the items." lol
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »

i never knew there was a thread for this here

my name is inazumashawn in game and i play as sivir and nasus, but garen is a total bro now that he's free and i can bother using him.

PowRTocH
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

I want to play again! I have nearly unlimited time on my hands right now. But the fact that I've only played like 20 games so far is probably a problem.

Brb playing for a month straight.

fake edit: Actually brb reinstalling the game, my launcher broke. Lips Sealed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 215
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic