Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 06:40:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904393 times)
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: April 12, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »

communism is everyone's friend!
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: April 12, 2015, 06:45:50 AM »

go back to Russia
 Well, hello there!Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Hand Point Right Hand Point Right  SMB Castle Flag
DJFloppyFish
« Reply #6702 on: April 12, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »

I'm having such a hard time finding a video game that doesn't feel like work.
Why can't games just be fun, enjoyable experiences?

I can relate to this. Someone should make a topic for games that don't feel like work. I know they exist, but I can never seem to find them.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6703 on: April 12, 2015, 09:49:37 AM »

Burrito Bison and old PC shooters are the only things that springle in my mind.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6704 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:58 AM »

play more nintendo games

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: April 12, 2015, 12:16:07 PM »

play more nintendo games

Pretty much this. Everything on a PC or Xbox/PSwhatever is going to be catering to the medium/hard core market. That's why Nintendo has had relative success despite completely misunderstanding the NA market.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: April 12, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »

How well-known is

(supposedly under different names) outside of Scandinavia?

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6707 on: April 12, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »

I'm having such a hard time finding a video game that doesn't feel like work.
Why can't games just be fun, enjoyable experiences?

I can relate to this. Someone should make a topic for games that don't feel like work. I know they exist, but I can never seem to find them.
To my disservice most big console games are just that, a relaxing ride through the story and that's it. Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Order 1886 and the list goes on.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6708 on: April 12, 2015, 01:10:56 PM »

I'm playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and it's pretty fantastic. Lots of interesting modes, like Trophy Rush and the Crazy Hand Challenge, and character variety for the most part (*cough* Dark Pit *cough*). The game's speed is in-between Melee and Brawl and, while I don't know if I prefer Melee's speed over this game's, I do enjoy the speed increase since I found Brawl way too slow. The menus, while beautiful, are a bit confusing. The game has nice looking graphics, the same style used in the other games from the series with a resolution, texture and polygon bump and with some extra effects. It's impressive how each SSB game manages to have large character roasters (and increasing in each game, if I'm not in error) from multiple games without having art style clashes. I like the music from the new game and how the have included the tracks from the older games alongside with remixes. I haven't tried an Amiibo yet, since I'd like to use one of Little Mac, but I found out today that the Little Mac Amiibo is very rare, so uh oh. :x

I also ordered a HORI Battle Pad and it's cool. I thought about buying the GC gamepad adapter, but it's kinda expensive — the 3rd party ones are around 30 euros and that's sans shipping costs — and the adapter is only officially supported for SSB for Wii U. I guess it pays off if you've tons of GameCube controllers that you want to put into use for this game or if you want to have the least latency possible, while not minding to use it only for this game, but it is not my scenario. The Wii U Pro Controller was another option to me, since it also works on other Wii U games and on VC games, but there's no Wii support and it's even more expensive than the adapter. But then I found HORI's Battle Pad and it's pretty great for me: Wii support, VC support, PC support with Bluetooth and support for a lot of Wii U games. It feels like using a GameCube controller, aside from a minor difference here and there. The triggers are the exception, as they are one of the biggest departures from the original design, since they similar to the ones in the Wii U's gamepad, although I do prefer them like this. The controller might also feel a bit lighter, but it's robust. I got the Mario one and I fortunately don't tend to look much to the controller while I'm playing because its design is kinda garish for me — red on the front and blue-ish in the back, with a non-centered Wii logo in the front.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: April 12, 2015, 01:16:04 PM »

How well-known is

the little brother of my best childhood friend had that game lol

its known as "willy werkel" in german but its not super famous or anything
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: April 12, 2015, 01:21:12 PM »

How well-known is

There are like three gams at least. Cars, planes and boats.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »

The Mulle Meck and Pettson & Findus gams were the shit back in the day in Sweden. We spent many hours collecting vehicle parts and golden feathers in those things. Basically in Pettson & Findus there was a kind of "The Incredible Machine" ripoff/clone where you had to make machines work by inserting weird items. If you beat those challenges you got a golden feather that you put in a box. I honestly don't remember if the feather box had any purpose. Mulle Meck was more like an open-world sandbox type of game.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: April 12, 2015, 01:35:03 PM »

How well-known is

There are like three gams at least. Cars, planes and boats.

he had the car building one. i remember this because its one of the first pc games i ever saw and i was kinda wowed by it (my HIPPIE parents refused to get a pc for a long time).
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: April 12, 2015, 01:38:02 PM »

Never owned any of them myself but used to go to a friend who had 'em.

EN GRUNKA

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: April 12, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »

Nästa bror finns bakom något... som snurrar!!

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:00 AM »

The LOTR LCG is a great game but man does it eat stacks of money. It's like magic, you have to dump money into it to keep playing. It's not like Netrunner where you can sort of live on the core set for a while. The packs in LOTR are the quests you go on. So if you don't buy new packs you don't have anything to do.

It's soo fun as a two-player co-op though. You can make some really cool strategies if you and your buddy make decks together and buff each other. I'm playing a deck full of minions and resources while Jon has a deck with lots of card draw and healing. He draws me the minion cards, I use resource boosters to get the minions out, and then he keeps them all healed up as the game continues. Gameplay-wise my favorite thing is how you have to balance the needs of attacking, blocking and questing. It's common to get into a situation where one of those powers is lacking and you're struggling to deal with threatening quests and block the nasties at the same time.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: April 13, 2015, 02:55:50 AM »

i think the big problem with the lotr LCG is that the packs contain lots of quest cards but not a lot of cards for deckbuilding. i have way more quests than im ever likely to play because you just can't customize your decks that well otherwise.

but ya any game that relies on expansions is going to be a money sink. still less annoying than a CCG tho. at least theres no "rarity" bullshit and you can get the cards you want at reasonable prices (even if you also get lots of cards you don't want).
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: April 13, 2015, 03:20:02 AM »

i think the big problem with the lotr LCG is that the packs contain lots of quest cards but not a lot of cards for deckbuilding. i have way more quests than im ever likely to play because you just can't customize your decks that well otherwise.

but ya any game that relies on expansions is going to be a money sink. still less annoying than a CCG tho. at least theres no "rarity" bullshit and you can get the cards you want at reasonable prices (even if you also get lots of cards you don't want).
Right. The main reason I didn't just go out and buy ALL THE PACKS is that I'm worried the quests will be too easy then. I'm trying to mostly follow the intended progression when it comes to "unlocking" new cards for my deck. But the problem is like you said, it's literally impossible to make a single-sphere deck using only the Core Set assuming you're playing with the "tournament rules". There just isn't enough cards to do that even if you include absolutely everything in your deck. And you don't want to do that. You want to throw out a whole bunch of cards because like any other card game there are some cards that are just duds you don't ever want to see in your hand, such as Gandalf's Search.

So the problem is two-fold - with just the Core Set, you don't have enough cards to make a deck, and you don't have enough quests for the game to have any lasting value. After playing Passage Through Mirkwood twice with different deck builds you don't really want to play that quest again. So expansion is essential to enjoying this game.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: April 13, 2015, 03:22:55 AM »

what does the L stand for

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: April 13, 2015, 03:31:02 AM »

what does the L stand for
LCG means "Living Card Game" which is basically a term Fantasy Flight Games invented to refer to their own business model.

The main difference between an LCG and a Trading Card Game is that LCG uses a "fixed distribution" model where each pack contains an exact list of cards. You always know what you're gonna get when you open it. The benefit of this is that there is no need to chase rare cards because everything is equally accessible. The drawback is that you can't draft using this model because drafting requires randomized booster packs.

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic