Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:27:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames that made you laugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Games that made you laugh  (Read 15038 times)
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »

Cat Poke, and Jable's Adventure

ink.inc
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 02:40:32 PM »

Norrland.

Where else can you play a Swedish redneck who loves jerking off, fucking moose, and pissing on small insects, all the while shooting down large animals for the mere sport of it?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:48:09 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 02:46:18 PM »

Plenty of games. The Paper Mario series, for example.
Captain_404
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »

I can't believe nobody has yet mentioned Transformice.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »

Red Dead Redemption.  Pretty damn hilarious.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 03:20:32 PM »

Suprised there has been no mention of the Fallout series.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »

the Fallout series

hi
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »

Planescape: Torment is quite funny in places. Mort, in particular, has some great lines.

I also agree with the MDickie comments.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »

Carmageddon is still the funniest shit I've ever played.
Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 05:42:30 PM »

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »

QWOP brings tears of joy to the face of everyone I've shown it to. (Myself included.)

I strongly second this. 

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »

QWOP brings tears of joy to the face of everyone I've shown it to. (Myself included.)

I strongly second this. 

This one's great.
Noah Forever
Level 0

I make games slowly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »

My brother and I have a Christmas tradition of playing one hilarious crappy game for the holidays. Last year it was Alone in the Dark 4. Dragging the bodies of your slain enemies into flames so they don't resurrect themselves feel so right doesn't it... The normal maps on the protagonist face make him look like a burn victim for the entire game.

Earth Defense Force has some choice lines that your NPC comrades spout at they kick the bucket:

"Waaaahhahaaaahh" and my favorite "When this is all over. I'm gonna buy you a steak."

Blue Stinger for Dreamcast is a classic. I haven't belly laughed that much since soda pop cost a nickle.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 12:39:07 AM »

The original Sam'n'Max always made me laugh out loud a lot.

I also remember laughing out loud when I first played Rick Dangerous on the Amiga when he screams and flies off the screen if he fall prey to a trap.

I'm sure there are other examples but I can't think of them at the moment.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011, 06:43:48 AM »

I remember my friends and I laughing really hard the first time I played pilot wings on snes. I jumped out of the airplane (or maybe it was a helicopter) and fell the whole way down and never deployed my parachute, causing the guy to smash into the ground and create a human-shaped whole in the earth. I found that really funny as a kid for some reason.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »

Transformice made me laugh until I cried the first time I played it. That's pretty rare for a game.

Perhaps the funniest recent moment was Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. The most powerful weapon launches a nearly endless volley of rockets in front of you, destroying anything that gets in your way. While you have the trigger held down, it plays the finale from the 1812 Overture. The tiny, minor touch turns an ordinary weapon into a brilliant joke.
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »

A lot of games have funny jokes in them. Dragon Age, Fable, Phoenix Wright, etc.

Has a game ever made me laugh because of something inherent to the game itself? Maybe Trauma Team. So basically I'm performing surgery on this guy, cutting open his appendix or something. So I'm concentrating real hard, my scalpel is deep in his gut and I hear a sound or my cat is bothering me or something and I turn around to look, swinging my arm and thus my scalpel across the patient's torso . A hear a "BONK", one of my dozens of life points depletes and I hear a nurse go "try better next time!" as if she were encouraging a small child who had fallen off his tricycle. Humongous mistakes like accidentally applying a laser beam instead of a drain result in very minor scoldings, at least at the beginning.
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

Fallout, Ps:T, and Baldur's Gate all had moments.

Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is constantly hilarious.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

Armed and Dangerous.  It was totally corny but I love that kinda thing.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »

This is my favorite TF2 story, and one of my favorite gaming moments ever:

So, I'm on 2Fort one fine evening, and I'm getting bored of my usual Medic routine, so I switch to Scout. I go about hopping onto the roofs, and am immediately swarmed by a warm blanket of missiles. After littering the field several times with my twitching severed limbs, I switch to Engineer. I'd noticed that he was my least-used class, next to Demo, so I figured what the heck, I should give him a spin. I fool around for sometime and eventually make a glorious discovery: turrets can be built underwater. I gleefully assemble myself a supply of metal and begin tinkering away under the bridge. I set up my new mer-turret just below the lilypads, thinking that it'll be at least a little bit hidden from sight. A notification appears, alerting the team to our now missing briefcase. I practically bounce up and down in my seat; it's time for the true test. By now, the mer-turret has been fully upgraded, the enormous barrels of incendiary devices peeping from beneath the water, poised and ready, sweeping back and forth looking for a fight, when suddenly-

KABOOM!

what remains of a poor enemy Scout rains from on high, and the briefcase makes a splash and lands at my waterlogged feet. Before I could even register, my turret took out a target, and he never suspected a thing. But this is not the good part....

So I'm hanging out with some of my new dormmates. We've all gotten to know each other a bit in the few weeks since college began, and on one lazy afternoon the conversation turns to Team Fortress 2. We begin swapping stories, and I recount my giddy discovery. They all laugh at the sorry Scout, but one of them appears deep in thought. He asks me of my username, and after I tell him, his eyes bulge.

"That was YOU?!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic