Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Onsku

May 13, 2024, 10:07:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestinga Fistful of Gun [3 player Co-op shooter - Freeware]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: a Fistful of Gun [3 player Co-op shooter - Freeware]  (Read 6042 times)
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »

When I say steam version, I mean the "upgraded" version, It will be available as a download also, but it doesn't hold much resemblance to the one available in this thread though - more of everything, including bug fixes really.  9 player at once on 1 comp, 11 total characters rather than 3, all with different control methods, story mode, versus mode, a little tutorial section and a much needed control setup screen to name a few things.
Gotcha. Sounds awesome. Looking forward to that. Smiley

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:38 PM »

When I say steam version, I mean the "upgraded" version, It will be available as a download also, but it doesn't hold much resemblance to the one available in this thread though - more of everything, including bug fixes really.  9 player at once on 1 comp, 11 total characters rather than 3, all with different control methods, story mode, versus mode, a little tutorial section and a much needed control setup screen to name a few things.
Gotcha. Sounds awesome. Looking forward to that. Smiley

Here is a little on what I have been working on, now the game has 11 selectable characters now, all with there own unique control methods, and it works pretty damn good, I just started adding some new enemy types and the ability to ride horses/etc - next step is finishing up story mode.  Once storymode is in I will probably put another build up, since it has been too long between updates.

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »

WOW, the gfx is super cool and I enjoy a lot the video. I'm downloading the 0.42 v. right now, let me see if also the gameplay is wonderful Wink

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

WOW, the gfx is super cool and I enjoy a lot the video. I'm downloading the 0.42 v. right now, let me see if also the gameplay is wonderful Wink

Well .42 is quite old now, I will upload a new build soonish, it has been months it seems, but most/all the problems have been sorted that were brought up in the thread/devlog -shouldn't be too much longer.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:10 AM »

I love the artstyle and the control concept, any plans on making this available on Linux?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:28 PM »

I love the artstyle and the control concept, any plans on making this available on Linux?

It is possible though would be a pain in the ass, I will see how the future release goes first.

Max_Marozaw
Level 0

Navina Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »

All is awesome: atmosphere, music, graphics and a lot of fun in gameplay (I've tried just single player).

One note just: when I played with mouse I have bad feeling of button-timing (more when trying to reload).
With keyboard controlling is well responsive.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:14 AM »

Loving playing this game, even if it is the older version Kiss

Any more information on the 8 other characters?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 07:08:27 AM »

Loving playing this game, even if it is the older version Kiss

Any more information on the 8 other characters?

Yup I will do a small list here:

So the characters in the first game haven't changed too much, Noah and Zeke have gained a roll ability, Zeke has lost his cloaking ability as it doesn't play well in versus games, since everyone is watching the same screen, the roll offsets his loss and he has a slight movement speed increase. Abels reloads have been made easier also, so onto new characters (for now I will just use there class name as the character names aren't final):

Scout (Keyboard)-  Has a bow, acts sort of like a 8 angle charge up rifle, longer you hold down the button further he launches it, he auto reloads and his 2nd key drops a distraction (its a musical box right now) which lures the enemies towards it, good for avoiding AI.  The bow is the only other weapon aside from Zekes rifle that can down armored enemies (new) and mounted enemies (also new) in one hit.

Explosives (Mouse) -  You lay down TNT with right mouse click, and then after it is laid you leave a gun powder trail as you move (though much slower), when you click again you light the trail and it follows the spark back to the TNT and boom, he is quite tactical to play, and now that explosions can destroy terrain, he is quite overpowered currently...

Brawler (Keyboard) - First key for the brawler is a kick punch type combo which builds his rage bar (though it slowly fills regardless), second button starts rage mode, where the brawler moves much quicker, and can take damage without being outright killed (the damage subtracts from the rage bar total). He kind of plays like a Noah on a timer, you have X amount of time to wreck havok then you have to return to picking off the extras.

Captain (Mouse) - You control a unarmed captain of a confederate fighting squad of sorts, you move around and they follow (the amount depends on skills - it defaults to 5).  It sort of plays almost like an RTS, you rally them when they are shot via touch, and command them to shoot with right mouse button click, though there is a delay as they all sort of form a firing line when they shoot towards the mouse direction.

Duelist (Keyboard)- This character uses 2 derringer pistols - one assigned to each button, the character wont miss with them but you have to close distance before he targets an enemy - he also suffers from very slow reloads, so it is very in and out piercing type attacks with this character rather than blunt force, probably the best character to use against dogs also (another new enemy).

Gatling Gunner (Joypad)- You use the left analog stick to move, and the right analog stick to fire the gatling gun, rotating it around in a circle, when he starts firing you bog down to a crawl movement wise, kinda plays like the heavy in TF2 if I could alike it to anything.

Longrifle (Joypad) - You fire with a button with this character, and reload the rifle with the right analog stick, kind of like the old Winchester style rifles, you move with the left analog stick, probably as close as it gets to the classic twin sick shooter setup.

The last one is a secret  Cheesy  Keep in mind, all the keyboard slots can now also be mapped to joypads also, I have included a full setup sort of screen for this outing so changing controls wont be an issue.

EDIT: Here is some progress on story mode, doing towns and non hostile zones at the moment:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:58:15 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 10:20:21 AM »

This has been pretty heavily requested, so here is some progress:

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:23 PM »

That looks brilliant Kiss Can't wait to play with all the different characters.

mattroks101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 01:38:01 PM »

I gotta say. I'm very impressed with what I've seen, and played so far. You're doing amazing work here.
B6ka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »

Very dynamic and fun. Are we getting any bosses later?

B6ka
Game developer, cat-gun enthusiast, alligator farmer
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »

Very dynamic and fun. Are we getting any bosses later?

Hell yes  Grin  Though not the typical giant bullet sponges that are the norm, they will be included in storymode.

B6ka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »

Keep it coming, been playing three days and loving it. Still hard for me though (I beat battletoads on NES when I was 8 Smiley) Looking forward to story and cool bosses.

B6ka
Game developer, cat-gun enthusiast, alligator farmer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic