Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 08:37:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1feeblethemighty's chiptunes, uketunes, and more [FINAL]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: feeblethemighty's chiptunes, uketunes, and more [FINAL]  (Read 16569 times)
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »

Changed Narrator to Announcer (i couldn't think of the word yesterday  Embarrassed) on first post and added a bunch of new samples to the Announcer pack from an idea from jjs on the request thread.  Things like "dastardly","insane","improbable", etc.  Any more Announcer stuff i do will be in separate zip files.

Working on some non-verbal character voices next.  Then i might try my hand at some ragtime-esque music, also from an idea from the request thread.

A question, should i bother to down-sample the announcer voices to make them sound lo-fi or should can that sort of thing be done at runtime?

i make chiptunes, uketunes, games and more!  feeblethemighty.com
Sar
Level 3

Likes Violins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 02:03:09 AM »

A question, should i bother to down-sample the announcer voices to make them sound lo-fi or should can that sort of thing be done at runtime?

As a side-note, I find it kind of amusing that Back In The Day, people putting together SNES carts would have been desperately trying to get the highest-quality audio for their announcers and character voices, but today people are running around downsampling their files to get the same effect... ;-)

Anyway, while it's certainly possible to do that kind of thing at runtime, it's not the kind of thing that most people will know how to do, so if you're willing to do it yourself, why not offer each sample in two versions, "modern" and "lo-fi" flavours?

Currently working on: Chronicle of Mars
Previous Projects: [Käfer|Tristan and Iseult(TIGS)]
dineyin
Level 0

wearing pants

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »

I really like the bird sounds that are in that sound pack,They could make for some cool eerie forest sounds
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 12:04:01 PM »

As a side-note, I find it kind of amusing that Back In The Day, people putting together SNES carts would have been desperately trying to get the highest-quality audio for their announcers and character voices, but today people are running around downsampling their files to get the same effect... ;-)
Yeah, nostalgia is a powerful force.  Especially, it seems, for people on this forum who were mostly weaned on the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

Anyway, while it's certainly possible to do that kind of thing at runtime, it's not the kind of thing that most people will know how to do, so if you're willing to do it yourself, why not offer each sample in two versions, "modern" and "lo-fi" flavours?
I did already upload some "downsampled" announcer samples.  I'll put up a sampler of it soon.

Uploaded some new vocal samples today.  I'm going to go with a sort of character scheme and release some verbal and non-verbal samples for each one. 

Right now i have a "Hero" character and a "Golem" character with lots of non-verbal samples.  Things like "huh?","whaa?","uhhuh" and various grunts, etc.  Check out the mp3 samplers for each pack below.  They contain all the split up WAV files from the ZIP.  Hope that makes sense.

HERO (non-verbal)
listen to sampler
download zip

GOLEM (non-verbal)
listen to sampler
download zip

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »

Nice stuff. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 01:13:01 PM »

I once again changed the layout of the first post for easy browsing as well as adding links to MP3 and WAV versions of music loops(OGGs coming soon).  The atmospheric loops section is added.  I put in a layered music section to allow you to mix and match parts of a song together.

ADDED:

LAYERED
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE - listen - drums1, drums2, bass1, bass2, melody - A simple layered song.  There is no chord progression.  All samples are intended to layer on top of one another.

LOOPING ATMOSPHERIC
BELL TOWER - WAV, MP3, OGG - Distant clanging.  Creepy.

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

this voice stuff is super great
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 08:19:59 AM »

ME LOVES THIS MUSICS

Working on HeliBrawl
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »

More stuff for the hungry masses!   Smiley

First, a new tune.  I had to try my hand at some laid back chiptune dub.  This one, entitled Mayor of Dubton, feels like it might be good music for a town setting or something.  Get different formats from the first post.

Next, some more vocal stuff.  This time, i wanted to make a voice that sounds like Pure Evil.  Check it out.

PURE EVIL
NON-VERBAL - listen, download zip
VERBAL - listen, download zip

feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »

One more update for today.

Another song done: GO GO GO GO GO.  NES squarewave rock guitar is go!  Key change is go!  Good for those tense moments.

An atmospheric sound loop: The Heavens are Suspect.  Pretty and drone-y, this loop seems good for heavenly hallowed halls.

I'm changing my first post entirely, removing the blurb i had initially posted because i feel like it is not necessary anymore and i want to cut straight to the downloads.  I hope that is not against any rules i have not heard about.  But just in case, i'm going to archive it here in this post.

Hey folks,

I feel like there needs to be more variety in the music in this competition so i thought this would be a good opportunity to do what i do best (whether that means it's good or not is up for discussion) and create some tunes using various programs and my ukulele.  Since they are for games, i will try to make them all loop properly, even the acoustic instruments.

Also, i thought i would probably come up with some sound effects since people partaking in part 2 will need as much as they can work with.

TEM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 08:07:01 PM »

Thick Cut Fries is big pimpin'!
feeblethemighty
Level 1

@feeblethemighty

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 07:02:39 AM »

Well, didn't end up adding anything since November 9th because of a hard drive crash.  So, i hope i'm not too late and i'm finalizing this collection.  Hope some of it comes in handy for someone.

All in all, an interesting exercise.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 01:36:32 PM »

Some fantastic music, thanks.

LemonScented
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »

Just to let you know I used a bunch of your stuff: One of your sounds as a death sound, a few of the "Pure Evil" voice samples for the bad guys, and "Mayor of Dubton" and "Thick Cut Fries". I liked "Mayor of Dubton" enough to consider having it as the only piece of music on the soundtrack, but there was loads of other good stuff, so I ended up just trying to pick stuff that sounded good alongside that track.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=9613.0

Thankin' you kindly  Gentleman

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic