Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:18:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSavage: The Shard of Gosen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Savage: The Shard of Gosen  (Read 17712 times)
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »

Wow, looking so kick ass. The graphics have improved a lot!

Thanks, aamatniekss! And holy crap - Speaking of dinos, There Was a Caveman looks so cool! It looks like there's a playable version? I'll play it the next moment I get a chance and share my experience/thoughts/feels on your topic  Smiley
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »

Wow, looking so kick ass. The graphics have improved a lot!

Thanks, aamatniekss! And holy crap - Speaking of dinos, There Was a Caveman looks so cool! It looks like there's a playable version? I'll play it the next moment I get a chance and share my experience/thoughts/feels on your topic  Smiley

Yep, there is a demo version, in which you can play through the first level. Smiley It's still a very WIP game though, but thanks! Smiley

nachobeard
Level 0

a beard made of nachos

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 12:04:58 PM »

looks pretty cool!
I'm also working on a platformer, these things take soooooo much work it's insane.
keep it up!
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 12:07:42 PM »

looks pretty cool!
I'm also working on a platformer, these things take soooooo much work it's insane.
keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words! And boy... do they ever. But definitely worth the brain melting insanity.
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2014, 01:26:51 PM »

I hope everyone's having an excellent holiday season so far! My gift to you: .GIFs! (GIFts! HAHA... heh... ugh)

New dungeon and stone tilesets! (With some older parallax background art - I'll get to updating those)

RAPTOR THROWING!

New snowy/rocky/mountainous tilesets and area art!

Horrific creatures from an alternate plane of existence!

... And here's a snazzy production screencap (and random guitar sprite - because distracted)!

In addition to new tilesets, areas, environment art, new enemies, and additional combat mechanics (picking up and tossing baddies is a blast!), I'm still working through the backbone of the game's levels and stages (or, the critical path). Once that's finished, I'll be working on some of the optional objectives and hidden areas that will be included in the game, in addition to polish and bug testing.

Great progress is being made; there are features and content that are starting to really shine, which is incredibly exciting. There is still much to do though, and I'll keep updating all of you as I slug it out in the trenches!

A very merry happy holiday season to everyone, and thanks everyone for the support and interest in the project this year! Here's to a very (suitably) barbaric 2015!

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »

Looks good.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2015, 09:39:28 AM »

Just completed/added a ton of content including some new bosses, biome and environment art, dungeon art, finalized overworld map, and (my favorite) corpse platforms! 

Completed world map 
Seasonal system (including season specific art and particles)
Two new bosses 
New biomes and environment types 
New dungeons (fortresses, palaces and cave types)
 Better enemy AI and pathfinding
Spike corpse platforms!! 
MORE parallax layers! !!

More details here for anyone curious: http://www.planettobor.com/savage-devlog/2015/3/2/huge-world-and-content-update
Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 10:22:28 AM »

Saw a GIF of your game on twitter. This looks really cool! Hand Thumbs Up Right

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »

Saw a GIF of your game on twitter. This looks really cool! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thank you, sir! Hellas is looking gorgeous! I remember playing a very early version quite some time ago - looking forward to seeing and playing more  Smiley
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 12:16:10 AM »

Goddamn, so beautiful.  Shocked I love those tilesets and background art so much.. Btw, what size are those tiles? 32x32?

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 02:08:14 AM »

Goddamn, so beautiful.  Shocked I love those tilesets and background art so much.. Btw, what size are those tiles? 32x32?

Thanks for the kind words! And yeah, everything is based on 32x32 size.
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 05:34:48 AM »

Posted a new devlog about the latest addition to the boss family: http://www.planettobor.com/savage-devlog/2015/4/10/podcast-fun-time-and-sprite-maaaagic

I also got to hang out with the folks at The Milkshake Boom podcast and talk about my little game (and Conan, which is never a bad thing)  Smiley

http://www.themilkshakeboom.com/2015/04/02/episode-011-conan-the-barbarian-1982/
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 12:32:17 PM »

Taking a stab at minimizing the stigma for the dreaded "water level" (and other new stuff!):

• The player can now board (and dock) ships and travel to areas otherwise inaccessible!
  • The ocean is now populated with Argeshii navy, mercenary ships, pirates, and other unsavory entities.
  • (On a technical note) Had to engineer a way to invert collision masks with land vs. water where appropriate, i.e., whether the player is on land or sea.
  • Lots of other stuff!
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »

Oh dear god. :O This is looking amazing. I actually like water levels, so I can't wait for this one. :O

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:23 AM »

Oh dear god. :O This is looking amazing. I actually like water levels, so I can't wait for this one. :O

Thank you sir! I guess I have a tiny bit of NES TMNT dam stage related neuroses Smiley
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2015, 02:24:11 AM »

The Steam page is LIVE!

You can check it out here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/408060/

Along with the store page, I threw together a teaser trailer showing off more of the game's combat and other systems:

Now, since it's that spooky time of year, I figured I'd crank out some of the game's more season appropriate content, like these little puppies (pun intended, I guess):

... After all, what's a Halloween without blood thirsty (giant) wolves trying to have you for dinner? I'll post more spooky stuff as we roll through October!
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

You've really come a long way! Congrats! Coffee I'll probably follow Savage soon. Smiley

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2015, 02:08:54 AM »

You've really come a long way! Congrats! Coffee I'll probably follow Savage soon. Smiley

Thanks so much! (also - <3 Sho'nuff and The Last Dragon)
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2015, 04:57:10 AM »

As promised, I've been finishing up some more creatures in honor of the upcoming Halloween festivities!

Bats!

Spiders!

Pictured above, I've also given the player the ability to deflect certain projectiles with a shield bash, making the projectile dangerous to enemies.

General enemy pathfinding has also been tweaked and improved, making for some pretty interesting fights (especially with these spiders).
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 08:52:26 AM »

Thanks so much! (also - <3 Sho'nuff and The Last Dragon)
You're welcome! I am happy that you made it on Steam. Also, I still need to watch all of The Last Dragon. Cheesy

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic