Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:23:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignLogo screens
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Logo screens  (Read 4439 times)
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »

If your hardware is too slow for the default settings, have fun sitting through a slideshow until you get the option to tweak things.
Yeah, I hate games which display some actual 3D scene or something as a background of title screen/menu. The only thing it's good for is making the loading of the game take more time.
leonelc29
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »

If your hardware is too slow for the default settings, have fun sitting through a slideshow until you get the option to tweak things.

hmm...quite right there...
iffi
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »

Or even better, the game decides to start up in a resolution higher than that of your monitor, leaving you struggling to click on buttons near the edges of the screen. (This could be worked around by making the default resolution low or making it match the native resolution, but I've sometimes had trouble with games or other applications that don't fit on my 1024x600 netbook screen.)

Personally I'm fine with "normal" menu screens - I like having a familiar interface to work with when I start up a game.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic