Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411592 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 08:14:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463905 times)
Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: March 31, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »

Today I created an interactive toy:
Interactive Toy

What do I do with it now? I'm open for suggestions.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1181 on: March 31, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »

I created a Haxe class that lets the user load up graphic resources whether they are building for Flash or C++. You just feed the class the path to the file as an argument, and it does the rest. I'm one step closer to developing for Flash and the iOS concurrently.
Mr.Flibble
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: March 31, 2011, 01:19:24 PM »

Technically yesterday but who cares Smiley I was bored and created a small Game Of Life Sim.

You can load in pre-created shapes that can be created in the tinyLIFE Pattern Creator which lets you create a 50x50 pattern.

The patterns above are top=CoeShip/bottom=Gosper Gun

There isn't a lot of premade patterns yet but I'll probably add more over time.  If you want to recreate some you'll find a huge amount HERE.

You can download tinyLIFE HERE.

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 01, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

Today i made this, with no prior knowledge of javascript. Pleased with myself! Haha.

It is a random game idea generator, however it needs more things to choose from, so i am open to suggestions!

Edit:(Temporary url, as i needed somewhere to upload it to.)

antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 02, 2011, 02:49:49 AM »

Today i made this, with no prior knowledge of javascript. Pleased with myself! Haha.

It is a random game idea generator, however it needs more things to choose from, so i am open to suggestions!

I must klick a spoiler in order to quote!?  Undecided

Anyway, I really like this. I think this could be a cool way of having event`s like "*klick*. OH! This is what I`l make."

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: April 02, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »

This morning I finished a song in PxTone Collage that I started last night. I haven't sat down with PxTone and made a song from scratch in a few years.

I worked out this arrangement with my ladyfriend where I have to produce a song every week or she has to beat me up. Week one is in the can!
tmth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: April 02, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »

Today I finished the first version of an attack animation for our new game. Traditional animation is loads of fun. (But for some reason, Firefox doesn't play it in proper speed, oh well, enjoy it frame by frame then!).

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 02, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »

It plays properly in my Firefox.
(Firefox 3.6 on Ubuntu 10.10)

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Conker534
« Reply #1188 on: April 02, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

ITS ON.
eclectocrat
Level 5

Most of your personality is unconscious.

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »

I want moar! Competish generator anyone?

I make Mysterious Castle, a Tactics-Roguelike
teomat
« Reply #1190 on: April 03, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »

I love it, I got this on my first try:
A small roguelike game, it must contain cats

Dwarf fortress lite anyone?

Edit: Damn, I think I'll make a game out of this...Lets see how far I get with it.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:45:44 AM by teomat » Logged
teomat
« Reply #1191 on: April 03, 2011, 03:24:56 AM »

postcount++

Alright, I totally did start this:

Well, it's a roguelike so it probably wont look much nicer than that in the future.

My idea of the game so far is that you are a crazy cat lady with an army of cats at your command. Since it's gonna be a small game you wont be able to do much more than directing a swarm of cats and throwing them at stuff. Probably gonna take place in the canalization, not sure though.
Conker534
« Reply #1192 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:23 AM »

ITS ON.

As have I been working on it. I got the crafting table, and when you kill mobs you get items, so say you killed a slime and got goo, and then you killed a robot and got a cannon, you can fuse them to get a goo cannon, and that would make your enemies get stuck to the ground.

Idk just ideas. Lets see how far this gets. XD
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 03, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »

Today i updated the random game idea generator quite a bit, however the host i'm using is being a bit screwy at the moment. So i'll upload it later.

(Nice work Conker! Haha)

Theophilus
« Reply #1194 on: April 03, 2011, 05:44:43 PM »

Today, I created this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9942053/Flash/topdown.swf
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1195 on: April 03, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »

That's kinda cool. I like that A and D are radial.

Theophilus
« Reply #1196 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »

That's kinda cool. I like that A and D are radial.

Thanks. Smiley

It was actually unintentional. The direction is set to the direction from it's x/y to the mouse's x/y. So when it moves 2 pixels from it's direction + 90, it moves in a circle because the direction goes to the mouse.
dangerousday
Level 1

iacedrom

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 03, 2011, 11:27:48 PM »

It's the pause menu of a Zeldalike! Cue the crickets chirping.

I'm proud of the fact that I got a tabbed menu working, and even fit all of the controls into this particular submenu.

The whole thing is meant to be played from the keyboard, or better yet, a USB joypad. So, no mouse input. Which kind of clashes with the whole tabbed menu thing, since tabs are normally a mouse-driven interface. Oh well.

Here's my problem... I made up, down, left, and right customizable, just in case someone hates their arrow keys or only has one hand or whatever. However, using these keys while in the controls menu will bind them to something else! Whoops. So I kept the arrow keys perma-bound to the "imaginary D-pad," in order to let the player scroll through this list. It's also helpful as a backup if someone forgets their key bindings and needs to look them up, which is why the Enter key is also hard-coded to the pause button. However, I can't think of a concise way to explain this! Do I even need to? I'd rather not rely on players accidentally screwing up their bindings in order to notice that the arrow keys work too.
shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 04, 2011, 03:15:26 AM »

Today I created my very first timelapse video, using my camera's timelapse function. It took 40 seconds of video over the last 12 hours.

I think it was a bit too fast, and my cam's quality does really suck Lips Sealed But I'm happy enough.
Trent
Level 0

Someday I'll make games!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: April 04, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »

Switched from Box2D to Nape for my physics solution.

Cool

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic