Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 10:10:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesI know a new game that is out..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: I know a new game that is out..  (Read 37598 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

By the way, did you guys see this?

Well that was neat. o.o

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:15 PM »

I And it was only really the drawn sprites and cutscene pictures that might have bothered me, cause the level tiles, despite simple, were pretty well done (
You're right, the tiles and interface look very well done, it's a shame for the ssprites.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

Anyone know how to pronounce the title?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »

I'm assuming Japanese pronunciation, so it'd be i-ji rather than ee-gee. I've no reason to assume Japanese pronunciation, but I do.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2008, 09:43:44 PM »

To everyone complaining about graphics:

Enjoy your suck. Tongue

I don't think Crysis has very good graphics either. It has high-end graphics, but that isn't the same as good graphics. Out of This World has way better graphics than Crysis.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »

Oh, I have an idea. Let's turn this into a debate about the importance of graphics in a game.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:14 PM »

I have a better idea: let's complain about people turning this into a debate about the importance of graphics in a game.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »

Played a half hour of this yesterday and thought it was super.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

Man, this game is hell awesome. And I like the sprites, so there.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2008, 02:19:34 AM »

Yeah, I love the graphics. Like melly said, they grow on you. Besides, even if they're not top-notch, the animations are really smooth.

Also, Kao: I forgot to mention that "single-sector" mode is unlocked when you finish the game on normal, and probably any difficulty above that. It allows you to play levels by themselves, and the posters are unlocked from you seeing them, not from seeing them and finishing the level. This means that you can just play each level through just to the poster, find it and immediately head back to the menu. Once I knew what I was doing, I probably took 20 minutes to find all the ones I didn't have. Not too much of a penalty, I'm hoping.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2008, 02:47:44 AM »

That's something I've been meaning to ask anyway.

After you play through the game, do you keep your upgrades and then just can redo any level to look for the stuff? Or are your levels basically reset to what they should've been on that levels?
Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2008, 03:17:01 AM »

There is a method to reset your points to reassign them, but I'll let you find out how to do that yourself Wink

Last release: sync::routine
reallyjoel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2008, 03:42:55 AM »

That's something I've been meaning to ask anyway.

After you play through the game, do you keep your upgrades and then just can redo any level to look for the stuff? Or are your levels basically reset to what they should've been on that levels?

The levels are reset, but there's a nifty feature called Single Sector Warp that lets ju jump right into the level you want to explore, and it gives the max amount of skill points you'd have at that point. That way you can spec your skills to suit the trick you want to pull of for finding posters or other stuff.

You unlock SSW by completing the game on Normal I think. It's an easy unlock anyways. (And if you "overshoot" an accomplishment, i.e. you finish it on Hard, you get everything up until that accomplishment too.)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 04:55:24 AM »

That said, I still think Iji is a far better game than Out of This World, even though I also really love Out of This World. Out of This World was too difficult, and its puzzles could only be solved in a single way which you had to learn through trial and error.

I don't think so at all.. Out of the world have some "oldskool" game mechanics because it is an old game, and it's very linear, but the gameplay is overall much better than Iji, just think about how the enemies act, every enemy is almost unique, act a bit different than the others (even because there aren't so many) and feel smart also because the game always get you in movie-like situations.
In Iji the enemies are just a little smarter than a goomba, they have lasers and rockets but they're not able to reach you behind a wooden crate. In Another World (Out of this world if you're in usa) they uses shields, throws rolling nades ect ect, even if all that stuff is a "scripted event" and not something that belong to their i.a. they appear a lot more a menace than the stupids enemies of Iji.
The story is also driven by awesome cutscenes and by the environment itself, where in Iji all the levels just look the same there's no element on AW that's repeated somewhere else, there's no need for dialogues in Another World, even the meaningless sounds of the alien your friend works better than written lines.

Another World is way more "cinematographic" and offers a lot of details both in graphics and gameplay-wise...
it can appear difficult but it's also not that long, for me the difficult level is just perfect while Iji is a bit on the easy side (even if i played it only on Normal) but that's taste, for example Heart of Darkness was way harder than Another World but it's another awesome game from the same author...

Anyway i'm loving Iji just because it feels deeper than the average shooter, like Flashback or Another World were, but it's more action driven than the two Eric Chahi masterpieces, which is good too.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 05:30:49 AM »

Wow. just fought the second boss (the assassin). This game just keeps getting more epic. The only problem I've had is that the weapon combiner machine never seems to work, even when I try the combinations suggested by the little floating plot booklets.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2008, 06:15:06 AM »

Wow. just fought the second boss (the assassin). This game just keeps getting more epic. The only problem I've had is that the weapon combiner machine never seems to work, even when I try the combinations suggested by the little floating plot booklets.

Works fine for me. What does it say?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »

You might need a higher crack skill.

Also, the enemies are fairly straightforward, but what I like is that each one is essentially another player. They pick up items to heal when they get hurt, and each one has customizable weapons. I just like that you can't immediately identify an enemy's weapons until he uses them, because there's a wide variety that each one can have. As an example, the Tazen soldiers sometimes have rocket launchers, and they even sometimes have spread rockets!
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2008, 08:44:32 AM »

I was wondering, this is probably an obvious answer but, if you say beat the game on hard, will you unlock everything for difficulties lower than that?

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »

Yes, thankfully.

Also, beat it yesterday as a pacifist [SPOILER]And saving her brother's life. Going in Ultimortal without doing so, and it's pretty disturbing how she starts making up that he's there beside her. o.o[/SPOILER]. It's a damn epic game. The only time I could CARE AOUT THE GRAPHIC was in the final boss, which I think could have used with a bit more detail. Other than that it was just plain awesome. And the story is surprisingly good.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2008, 09:52:15 AM »

The leveling up system in this game always had me thinking I was missing something if I didn't level up properly. So I want to go back and start over mapping out on each level how many doors that need strength X there are, how many many weapons need level Y, how many cracks need level Z, etc to maximize my game. (Does that information change when the difficulty goes up?)

By the way, if you hack and opponent and it kills them does that count against you the same as if you pulled the trigger? If you reflect their shots back to them does that count the same? IE, if I decide not to up my weapon stat and kill everyone with "alternative" means do I gain anything besides difficulty and points that I would have assigned to my weapons stats?

This game so needs to be ported to XBLA, WiiWare, and show up on the shelves at Wal-Mart.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic