Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 04:07:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsforma.8 [New video, new images, revamped first post!]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: forma.8 [New video, new images, revamped first post!]  (Read 25832 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

awesome sauce!

Caran Elmoth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 01:51:32 AM »

man... this... wow! Shocked

mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 02:46:49 AM »

Thanks guys. Smiley
In january I will finally begin to work full time on forma.8, and I will surely update more often this devlog.
Until then, happy xmas to everyone.

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »

A revamp to the first post, with all the new information about the game... and ten new, very hi resolution screenshots! Smiley

Cofounder of MixedBag
Twitter:@MixedBagGames
Launched: Futuridium EP Deluxe for PS4 / PSVita
Working on: forma.8
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2012, 03:43:33 AM »

Aaaaand... 4th position in the top 5 for forma.8 in the Player's Choice selection of the App of the Year on SlideDB!

http://www.slidedb.com/events/2012-app-of-the-year-awards/features/aoty-players-choice-upcoming-2012/#3437944

We're flattened, it's the first official contest we are in, and the first top 5 for forma.8! Smiley

Cofounder of MixedBag
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2012, 06:32:40 AM »

A revamp to the first post, with all the new information about the game... and ten new, very hi resolution screenshots! Smiley

CAVES? I FUCKING LOVE CAVES
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »

CAVES? I FUCKING LOVE CAVES

So you'll love the forma.8...

oh my God, it's full of CAVES!   Who, Me?

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

End of the year update here! :D

We looked back at the project and... it changed a lot! So, we put toghether a little comparison between E3 2012 build screenshots and the last version screenshots of forma.8. Huge differences!

We started working on forma.8 first as a very early prototype and technical demo in june 2011, and then as a full indie project from october 2011: so a lot of time passed, and a lot of things changed. Just to have a quick recap, we decided to show the progress on the game, comparing some early screenshots from our E3 2012 build to the current version of the game. You'll see how the design changed: the look is now different, some special effects changed a lot, the overall visual impact became more streamlined. We decided to use less colour gradients for a more simple and essential look, to add a lot more details to the background graphics, and to tone down the 'acid' colour look, using a more coherent palette.

Take this screenshot, from the final version:

Same area, from the E3 2012 demo:

Or... last version:

2012 E3 demo version:

So, yes, there was some very big progress on the game from a visual standpoint: we kept the starting look we wanted to achieve, but we iterated a lot, changing constantly. Hope you love the new look, we think it's a massive improvement from the early version of the game.

Finally, we are also working a lot on the new website: we'll mantain a full blog there too, so we'll have a lot more news to share here on TIGSource too!

http://www.forma8.net

Maybe the new website look it's a bit busy right now, but we'll try to streamline it in the future!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:13:20 PM by Skyrise » Logged

Cofounder of MixedBag
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

Your palettes in particular have improved tremendously. The color combinations in the demo looked tacky and amateurish, now they're tastefully surreal.

Edit: actually the second shot wasn't all that bad, but the fourth... like a different game.
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »

Your palettes in particular have improved tremendously. The color combinations in the demo looked tacky and amateurish, now they're tastefully surreal.

Edit: actually the second shot wasn't all that bad, but the fourth... like a different game.

Beer!

Yeah, there were a lot of changes. The graphic designer, Andrea, iterated a lot: we started with a more colourful look, with a lot of bright and contrasting colour. Some of the first sketches (we'll post them!) were totally surreal, with purple levels on glowy green and so on... :D
We've seen the game change slowly, so looking back now it seems... another game visually.
The actual look sure is more coherent.

Also, we were working on the engine: Andrea didn't know how much detail we could put on screen. All the background are done in Illustrator, then imported as spline in Unity with RageSpline and RageTools, then converted into flat polygons. We didn't know how many spline we could push, how many little details, how many points on screen and so on in the beginning, so we had a more flat look.
Optimizing the engine (and changing some shader that were killing the performance on iPad 1), and benchmarking the engine, we discovered we could push a TON of polygons around so... more details in the background! Smiley

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »

A little update, after a ton of time.

We are working hard on the game and finally we have set up a little office to work together on forma.8 (and our other project Futuridium) full time. Everything is going great, and we have now all the basic gameplay elements in place and fully functional. All the power ups and the different attacks are in place and working, we have a full autosave system, with different save slots, and a full in game map, with automapping. The game is really big, a lot bigger than we anticipated, and a map is a given.

And now, a new gameplay video, form the first area of the game, thanks to the preview done by Alex Kunzelmann on Alex's Mobile Game Reviews.

And a couple of new screenshots from the game:

Again, thanks for following forma.8! We hope to share a lot more with the community in the future...

Cofounder of MixedBag
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2013, 04:40:55 PM »

my god, this is beautiful. please, for the love of god, don't give up on this.  Waaagh!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2013, 02:04:57 AM »

my god, this is beautiful. please, for the love of god, don't give up on this.  Waaagh!

Don't worry, the game is in full active development. Smiley

We just finished Futuridium, but we continued working on forma.8. We'll post news and new media as soon as they are ready, and we have a tentative release date for the full game. It's a bit far in the future, but not so much... Wink

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2013, 06:45:48 AM »

We are still alive, only updating a lot less, but we have more news coming really, really, really soon...  Who, Me?

Meanwhile, we are working on forma.8 full time, adding features and polishing. Latest addition is a really cool pseudo-symulations for fluid. It's mainly cosmetic, but we also implemented some gameplay mechanics with it.

Here are a couple of 'shots!

Cofounder of MixedBag
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing what it plays like. I imagine something between NightSky and PixelJunk shooter.

Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing what it plays like. I imagine something between NightSky and PixelJunk shooter.

It plays pretty different than both of them. Wink

Cofounder of MixedBag
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »

And again, a little, very little update just to say... Merry Christmas and an happy new year from forma.8 and our little indie team MixedBag!

Yes, we've been dead silent last year about the game, but we are continuing working on it and we have some damn awesome news to share in january! For now, it's relax time. Smiley

Cofounder of MixedBag
MrAnderson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »

any news on a release date (even roughly)? I'm really pumped for this!   :D
Skyrise
Level 0

Newbie indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2014, 05:07:01 AM »

any news on a release date (even roughly)? I'm really pumped for this!   :D

Hi! Happy that you like the game! Smiley

We have a rough internal estimate, but it's a bit too early to share. We missed ALL the previous release date by months, so next time we don't want to promise a date if we can't deliver!
But we'll share more info on forma.8 soon, and some news are totally unexpected. Wink

Cofounder of MixedBag
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2014, 06:10:53 AM »

Wow, I lost track of this game for a while only to find it sexier and more awesome looking than ever  Blink

I thought about Pixeljunk Shooter the moment I saw the fluids screenshots. Any chance you're using a similar (yet simpler) approach to Navier-Stokes based simulation?

Keep up the amazing work. Best of luck on forma.8 from Sicily Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic