Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:51:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDotA 2 Thread
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 168
Print
Author Topic: DotA 2 Thread  (Read 315035 times)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2340 on: October 10, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

no one buys force staff for the attack speed, it's kinda just there. and force staff not only lets you run away from team fights, it can save your teammates as well. something a rod of atos will never be able to do. and if you're getting it for the easy to land stun then grab a eul's. which gives bonus movement speed (lina is slow as piss) and fantastic mana regeneration as well as the active that can save you or a teammates life and also stop channeling spells. rod of atos can't do that.

you mention not needing the attack speed from force staff then why do you get power treads? arcane boots is much better on her, gives her more mana and makes her more useful to the team. and if you want the extra hp just pick up a bracer and build a drum later.

but that's just how I play I guess. if I'm not playing a carry I try to be as useful as much as I can by purchasing items that not only benefit me but my team as well. rod of atos doesn't benefit the team nearly as much as eul's or force staff, so I would always opt to purchase one of those over it.
Uykered
« Reply #2341 on: October 11, 2012, 12:10:11 AM »

Rod of Atos for offense, Force Staff if you want to run away all the time.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 11, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

You're right that  Treads is probably not that useful on Lina, but I like the HP. I'll experiment with swapping it out for Phase or Arcane in some games. I think Phase suits gankers better while Arcane is more of a support item. Arcane is also more useful if you're going to make Bloodstone with it, which I'm not going to do.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
wzl
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2343 on: October 11, 2012, 04:05:32 AM »

When i play lina i usually go arcane into bloodstone or hex. didnt think of atos, definitely a build to consider. i like that item but theres not many hero's that benefit from it. i built it on leshrac for the same reason and that was decent sometimes, but useless other times aswell. it just doesn't provide too much for what it costs in terms of utility, although the low cooldown is really nice.

Long pork is people! wzl's burrow
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37:54 AM »

Baby Roshan!

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: October 20, 2012, 02:18:16 AM »

Rod of Atos for offense, Force Staff if you want to run away all the time.

Actually force staff for both of these situations.

Literally force staff is one of the single strongest items in the entire game.

On lina the decision isn't to go force or atos, it's going force or blink THEN atos vs say sheep stick.  (at this point in the game the team fights are starting and it's far less "solo/ganking" without your team)

If at that point you burn 3100gold on atos it's highly unlikely you'll ever complete that sheep stick due to the farm being eaten by the carries/being unaccessible due to positioning. Which stings your team till you pick it up.

If you farm it really early I think it's okay, but at that point if you are that far ahead dagon lvl 1 might even contend versus that item for the time slot.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 20, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »

I think it's unrealistic to go for Hex on Lina at all these days, especially if you're getting it after any other item. Atos is far cheaper and does pretty much the same thing (setting up your combo). So, yeah. Atos and one mobility item seems like the way to go.

And Dagon is out because Lina can't afford to use it. Have you seen the mana cost of her ultimate?

nekokoneko
« Reply #2347 on: October 20, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

Anyone still need an invite? Got one to give away.
Uykered
« Reply #2348 on: October 20, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »

10% of all Dota 2 player's have never clicked the "accept" button before.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2349 on: October 20, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »

looks like 6.76 is out already, some good changes: http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.76

clockwerk can hook allies without having to buy an aghanims now.

force staff's quarterstaff is replaced by ring of regen, so it gives hp regen now instead of damage/attack speed. odd choice, but ok.

rod of atos got a much needed buff, cast range from 800 to 1200 and the slow is up to 60% now. I think that cast range increase alone will make it 50x better than it was before.
Bandages
« Reply #2350 on: October 20, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »

whoah that drow rework is awesome

I'm really liking the direction icefrog is taking with dota

I guess the constant tournaments probably give pretty good insight into which heroes need work. I like how the goal is to give every hero the potential to be useful in a tournament, makes the game more fun.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2351 on: October 20, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »

I don't think that's the goal, I think the goal is to make every hero worthwhile to play regardless of the setting. he just wants to make them good.

it is nice to see heroes like jakiro and clockwerk get changes, then see them in competitive games (jakiro has a huge presence in starladder so far, and clockwerk has been picked a few times). batrider is another one who got nice changes and was seen a lot in starladder. which is great, that hero is fun to watch.
Bandages
« Reply #2352 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:56 PM »

yeah, I love seeing a good batrider, I especially like how they flavored him in Dota 2.

Silencer rework and Centaur rework both seem pretty interesting. I'm still waiting for more of the str heroes to be ported over. Abaddon, Centaur and Bristleback all will be a lot of fun, I think.

pretty sure medusa and centaur are being worked on currently
Uykered
« Reply #2353 on: October 20, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

https://dotabuff.com/items/observer-wards

People that buy wards usually lose.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #2354 on: October 20, 2012, 09:58:14 PM »

those stats only take into account items you have when the game ends

https://dotabuff.com/items/boots-of-speed
27%

compared to any other boot which is at least 50% or higher.
Uykered
« Reply #2355 on: October 20, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »

Yeah I just realised, lols
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 21, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »

The buff to Atos doesn't change the way I use the item, but more slowing is still nice.

Drow's global aura looks totally sweet. And ulti gives 40 agility on level one? That's crazy.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 21, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »

The buff to Atos doesn't change the way I use the item, but more slowing is still nice.

Drow's global aura looks totally sweet. And ulti gives 40 agility on level one? That's crazy.

Her aura is still kinda bad when you think about it. ~26% of like 60 agil is such a trash can buff to damage...and then only works on ranged people -.-.

would you rather have +8 all stats or...15.6 damage? I'm going to have to say it's a 0 point wonder till mid late game where you get up to like 100 agil.

Biggest changes this patch are sniper and Meepo, that 100% of your stats change is literally the craziest change to that character given his farm ability being the highest int he whole game.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #2358 on: October 21, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »

at level 3 ult when she is chasing someone she is getting 80 agility or as long as no other enemy is in that 375 range.

so at level 16 she'll have 56 agi + 80 from ult. not including items that is 35 free damage for to you, your creeps, and to every ranged on your team.

add manta and power treads at 34 agi and that's a total 44 extra damage (+170 she gets for simply being an agi hero). that is nearly 2 mithril hammers worth of damage, for free. and if someone is in that 375 range with those items it's still 34 damage for free. to say that's a trash increase is incredibly dumb.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 21, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »

Tag Team mode is the real change you nerds

no but seriously, max range, 1 point headshot, stats sniper whoaaaaaa (maybe 1 point in shrapnel for vision)

dunno why they made Alchemist gain more gold though
he uh
he kinda gains enough as is

That new Centaur ult actually makes me wanna play him, which is good since he is coming out this week or something?
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 168
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic