Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:32:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1955299 times)
Skopgat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8800 on: July 29, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »

Hey all

My name is Ruan, originally from South Africa, currently staying in Australia.
Full time IT Consultant, started with game dev part time, so far it's all looking awesome, and can't wait to share with you guys what I have made so far!
TammiDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8801 on: July 30, 2015, 03:33:25 AM »

Hey,

I decided to make an account because I love all the DevLogs posted here and I'd like to comment on them.

I'm a 23yr old girl from the Netherlands. I've finished my bachelors in Computer Science and am almost done with my masters Game Studies. I've been working for an IT company for two years now were I develop mainly Android apps but also have written some plugins et cetera. Looking forward to meeting some great people here Smiley
charliecarlo
Level 1

The Duke of Dementia

View Profile
« Reply #8802 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »

My name is Charlie, but it's not really.

I'm a maker of things.
Mostly games.
The most popular thing I've made is a game about werewolves I made in a weekend.
(Not trying to advertise just giving some background.)
I also make music that other people find grating but I find weirdly hypnotic.
Also I'm an art student at a community college because my life aspirations are satire.
I do this thing sometimes where a sentence or fragment is its own un-indented paragraph.
Look at me go.
I've read the rules, but there wasn't much about swearing so I hope I don't piss you all off with my tendency to swear for no reason.
I'm a long-time lurker, I usually reside on a website where I'm basically the only one posting game design because the other members are so jaded, and it's gotten old; I need a change of scenery.
There's many people on here I consider to be my peers, yet have great respect for, like ClayB and AndyW (even if they aren't so active anymore) so I figured it's time to show my face and what I'm working on.

hsnabn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8803 on: July 30, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »

Hi, I'm hsnabn.
I just recently started learning to code and make games. I'm liking it so far.
It's nice as a hobby and probably even as a full time occupancy.
I hope I'll be around making games for a long time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:35:51 AM by hsnabn » Logged

Threepwood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8804 on: July 31, 2015, 01:13:23 AM »

Hello,

I'm Guillaume from France. I've been doing 3d character for the the video game industry for ten years now. While i really like my job, i feel the need to develop my own games and i will soon start a devlog of my IOS project here.

cheers,
Guillaume.

Timo Kettunen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8805 on: July 31, 2015, 02:36:13 PM »

Well, hello there.

Greetings from Finland.  Gentleman

I am Timo, the CEO of Diske Inc and Teheman Studios (part of former). We are quite young company, founded 2014, and we develop health software(s). Well, apparently we develop other things too. I've always wanted to be a game designer/developer. I used to play PC RPGs a lot, but now, because lack of time, I have switched from master race to console gamer. Still, I mostly play RPGs.

Anyway.

I code, design, photoshop, do PR and management and watch cat videos. We have a two person team (well, two person are not basically a team) and are looking for recruitments. Our intentions is to make the most easiest health management software for consumers and professionals. I'll give a link if you ask but as this is a gaming forum, it is not relevant now.

One we were day dreaming of developing games (my colleague also wants to develop games). So we just started to work things out. And that is why I am here. We released our first one today and I started to look forums where I can show what we have done.

EDIT: Wanted to add something. I have a high level education in nutrition, health, pharmacy and exercise medicine. I am very interested of developing health games and prevent health problems. I have few killer concepts we've been working and will definitely release few health games in the future. Health gaming is a topic I would like to discuss more!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:57:27 PM by Timo Kettunen » Logged
Namoii
Level 0

Collab between Onky and Cakeprediction!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8806 on: August 01, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »

Hello there :D

We're Namoii, a duo that makes games and stuff.
We've been making stuff here and there for a while, and we finally started joining some fun fora like this one ^^

This is a shared account between Onky And Cakeprediction, but it'll mostly be used by Onky, since Cake already has an account here that he uses more often.

That's pretty much it c:

Oleg Sergeev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: August 02, 2015, 08:29:33 AM »

Hello guys, my name is Oleg, I'm a game designer/artist of Do my best studio.

I'm trying to step into game development about 4 years till now, my regular job is web-design (9 years of experience).
My previous projects was too ambitious to become real, except one little pixel art quest. So right now I'm working on the game, wich I know I can finish.)

See you!)
G_O_R_D
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8808 on: August 02, 2015, 04:00:10 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Gordon Little and I'm a game developer in Newfoundland Canada. 

I mostly draw and do pixel art and ever since picking up Construct 2 a couple years ago have made a few games.
Blackmacer
Level 0

Team Titans- Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: August 02, 2015, 04:15:58 PM »

Hey guys,
My name is Barak and I'm 22 and currently in my 3rd and last year of a Software Engineering and Game Programming degree.
I live in New Zealand and am looking to get into the game industry whether its local or overseas.

Currently taking part in a full year project with a team (3 programmers, 4 Artists) at the university. We are developing in Unreal Engine 4.8 with base c++ classes and extending them into blueprint for easy accessibility.

I've always been a gamer at heart and still try to play as many games as I can in my spare time. I mostly enjoy RPGs, MMOs, and strategy games with the occasional FPS and adventure game.
I'm also trying to get into Cosplay with the little spare time I have left after all this game development.

See you soon in our project's Devlog :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:47:26 PM by Blackmacer » Logged
darksharkmark
Level 0

Pierce The Heavens

View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: August 02, 2015, 04:23:13 PM »

Hi there!

My name is Mark I'm currently 20 years old and live in Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm doing my Bachelors of Software Engineering (Game Programming) from Media Design School and I am in my 3rd and final year!

I love playing games from a young age starting with the PSOne game Sheep Dog 'n Wolf if anyone has played it??? loved this game, also i had no memory card for the first few weeks playing so that was a challenge in itself!

later on since my family wasn't too rich in the early days i got my hands on the Virtual Boy Advance and played the hell out of Pokemon Silver and later on FireRed and LeafGreen! I also played The DBZ Legacy of Goku 1/2 a bunch!

My early PC gaming days ran throughout my life from Creatures to Age of Empires and Warcraft III which extended into my pouring a few hundred hours into DoTA  Grin

later when I got a PS2 at the glorious age of 14 my favourite games were: Kingdom Hearts 1/2 (so excited for the number 3 coming out!!), Burnout Series, DBZ Budokai (and the Tenkaichi series), Jak and Daxter Series, Ratchet and Clank Series...

I got a Nintendo DS when it came out with some saved up pocket/birthday money and me and my friend bought one at the same time so we played alot on that! Favourites would be: Advance Wars 2, DBZ: Supersonic Warriors 2, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros.

Later on I got the Final Fantasy Crisis Core Ltd Edition PSP with the game and loved that game! Unfortunately I never played FF7 so i'm looking forward to the PS4 remake (reboot?). Other games have been: Dissidia, Tekken, DBZ Shin Budokai(again  Cheesy ) , Daxter, Metal Slug Anthology.

Years later I bought a ps3 starting with Darksiders and playing a bunch of COD:Black Ops, various RPG games

Now I'm settled in with my Gaming Rig at home, past favourites being the new Tomb Raider and DMC:Devil may cry nowadays though I'm playing mostly Hearthstone and recently Rocket League with  the odd session of Farcry 4 since it came free with my GPU  Tongue. Uni's + part time job don't leave much time for anything else! Spare time slots in my day are usually filled with watching anime (All time favourite being Gurren Lagann, DO THE IMPOSSIBLE!!!)

AND that's the gaming me in a nutshell! thanks for reading   Smiley Smiley Smiley

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ertopena
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8811 on: August 02, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »

I'm Erto Pena. I'm 29. I have discovered relatively recently that making games is within reach and amazing.

Games I'm making

Infinite Blocker (ertopena.itch.io/infinite-blocker) is a multiplayer 2D twitch action game where you are always shrinking down to nothing. Hop on Infinite mode and grab gas cans and dodge obstacles to stay alive, or get two to four people together for Pointfest and swoop, shove, and squeeze your way to the highest score!

Infinite Blocker is in active development; the next features on my list are a story mode with maps focusing on one mechanic at a time and lots of events and pickups for added madness in multiplayer. Online play is already mostly done, but it will be several builds before I release a version of that.

SmallBall is a 2D top-down action puzzler with lots of satisfying buzzer-beating and boss-brawling action. Development is paused while I prepare to ship Infinite Blocker (which is a spinoff), and will resume immediately afterward.

Games I love

Recent(ish) games: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (I'll fight chu), Super Hexagon, FTL, Plague Inc, Super Meat Boy (but not at all The Binding of Isaac), Hotline Miami 1 and 2, TowerFall Ascension.

Lesser-known games: Matt Thorson's Untitled Story, Deadly Premonition, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Eternal Darkness, the first half of Indigo Prophecy.

"Brainy" games: Psychonauts :D, The Talos Principle, The Stanley Parable (but not Gone Home, which didn't have enough game for my taste), BioShock, Braid, Portal 1 and 2, Silent Hill 2, EarthBound. Also Halo 2 for the narrative and Modern Warfare 1 and 2 for the direction.

Games to play with friends: Screencheat, TowerFall Ascension, Monaco, Minecraft, WoW vanilla through WotLK but not since so never mind.

Classic games: Yoshi's Island as perhaps the highest achievement in 2D platforming, Knights of the Old Republic, Deus Ex 1 and 2, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, A Link between Worlds, anything from Rare's golden era, Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Pearl, Mega Man 4 and 5, Mega Man X, Mega Man Battle Network 3, Tetris, Pac-Man, Dr. Mario, every Mario platformer from SMB1 to Galaxy including handhelds, and many more.

Rig

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 4GB

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600 MT/s

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD + WD Black 1TB HDD: SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH

Cam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

Info

twitter.com/ertopena
twitch.tv/ertopena

Beechy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: August 02, 2015, 10:02:53 PM »

HEY EVERYONE!

My name is Ben Bakker, I am 21 years old and I am in my 3rd year of a Creative Technologies (Game Art) Degree, studying in Auckland New Zealand!

We are currently working on a game with other students in my class, along with a class of Programmers that coincides with our degree. There are 4 Artists from my class and 3 Programmers from the other class working on this project which we aim to have done by the end of the year.

I have been playing games since I was very young, though not as young as many others when they started haha.
My first console was an Xbox, first game Halo: CE. I don't have a favorite game but I have been playing Rocket League a lot lately like many others :D so you could say that is my current favorite.

I am exited to start a Dev Log for our game project and hope to see you all in the comments section with some great constructive feedback Wink
schouffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: August 03, 2015, 03:14:21 AM »

Hey all,

Jérôme from France.

I'm 30 and been developing mainly for website, software and now apps. I've loved video games for 40 years so i'd like to attempt to create my own. Hopefully i'll get some help here Smiley

Favorite games are Stalker SOC and Dark Souls i guess.
AnasAbdin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8814 on: August 03, 2015, 10:32:58 AM »

Hello all,

I'm Anas and I make point and click adventure games! Hope I get to meet new friends here  Smiley

lol the emoticons are funny as hell!  Well, hello there!
mayutastic
Level 0

aiyah~

View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: August 03, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »

Oh, hai. I'm May. I love all sorts of games, but especially 2D platformers and RPGs. Maybe making one myself. :3
But mostly I'm just interested in seeing what other people are making, especially since I've started collecting indie games in the past couple years.
Sluggerfly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: August 04, 2015, 05:12:26 AM »

Greetings,

My name is Joe and after working at a mid-sized german game developer for 4 years, me and two friends are working on our first bigger indie title.

Im sure we will get some helpful feedback and advice here.

Living at the top when you´re at the fucking bottom.
Ravenous Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8817 on: August 04, 2015, 07:56:33 AM »

Hey everyone, we're Ravenous Games. We've developed quite a few iOS titles and are now working on our first PC game. This seems to be the place to get good feedback on games in progress. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback when we start posting progress on the dev-log!
karlo87club
« Reply #8818 on: August 04, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »

Cool Hey, my name is Karlo. Best known for games "WILT Last Blossom" and "ZOS" which you can find on newgrounds.com. I have been doing game graphics since year 2001 when I was introduced to Flash but I wasn't very good when I started but now  I have gotten a lot better, reached this nintendo wibe I always wanted. I write stories, have a shelf over my bed with game idea folders that will fall on my head one day because of the weight. Also I paint with acrilycs and do grafitti art from time to time. You can see my paintings and random game graphics on www.zabers.net.

Also Im close to finishing game "Spaceport Hope", you can support me by voting on greenlight page http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491000460

Good day to you!
ViNull
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8819 on: August 04, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »

Hello

Games I've made that are online are at http://vinull.itch.io - all of these have been made for a Ludum Dare with Unity.

I've also (with my team at FuncWorks) made the Xbox 360 Indie game IncaBlocks.  It didn't do well, but was a great experience.

I did an ebook on 3D Programming in XNA: http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/XNA-3D-Primer.productCd-0470596937.html

Some (probably not many, but there are some!) may know me from my time running http://GameMarx.com and the many podcasts and videos we did at http://youtube.com/gamemarx

I currently coordinate the local game design meetup through http://knoxgamedesign.org and post let's plays, critique, and tutorials at http://youtube.com/vinull.  I also work with a local high school teaching a game design lab one hour a week.

None of these are my day job but they are all my real job  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic