Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 04:17:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1963411 times)
NMeunier
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9380 on: April 06, 2016, 05:47:25 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Nathan Meunier: an indie author, former long-time games press guy, current FT freelance writer, and now part-time indie dev. (I do a lot of things).

For a large chunk of the past decade+ I've made a living writing about games for sites and mags like IGN, GameSpot, Nintendo Power, GamePro, PC Gamer, etc..etc.., and I've always been an indie games enthusiast. I love the creative spirit and quirky uniqueness in the scene. While I never got into games press with the intention of jumping ship to make games, that's what happened almost by accident a few years ago. I'm glad it did.

Right now I make games primarily with Game Maker: Studio (originally got my feet wet waaay back in the earlier versions 12+ years ago), though my writing background has also fueled an interest in interactive fiction. I'm a co-founder of indie studio Touchfight Games, but I also do my own weird, dark, creepy, strange things from time to time.

I used to read TIGS a bunch back in the day and was recently inspired to pop back here and join the forum after reading Derek's awesome new Spelunky book (def check it out if you haven't, it's great!)

Looking forward to connecting with like-minded folks and fellow devs!

Cheers!
-Nathan

swipefaststudios
« Reply #9381 on: April 06, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »

Hello everyone!
[Who am I?]
My name is Caleb aka SwipeFastStudios. I am from Canada, 21 year old male currently finishing 1st year of college in Computer Programmer Analyst (3-year program).
[How I came to be a Programmer]
I have been interested in computers since I was young even when my family bought a Windows 95 computer it seemed amazing to me and what it could do!
In grade 6-8 and high school I took all of the computer courses I could and learned a lot of languages such as Basic HTML, Turing, Java, and some LUA.
In my spare time I was introduced to Game Maker 7 by a friend and started making basic games there from tutorials! It was cool to see how easy it was with that program to make a game that you thought of by yourself!
I occasionally did the odd Ludum Dare Jam to make a game in a weekend but I never really finished a game during that time.
After High School I went to two different Universities but finding Geomatics (Alternate choice to Computer Sci) and Network and IT Security were not my thing.
[Current Situation]
Finally I made the choice to go to College where I am now and enjoying taking programming classes while learning languages like C#, C++, VB, HTML, CSS, PHP and others!
I enjoy it a lot and am almost done my last semester for first year and am excited to continue it until I can get a job in the programming field!
[Games]
As for a Game Developer I have gone through a lot of Game Engines to try to find the right one that I enjoy using and can finish game with. So far I have tried a ton like, Javascript and Phaser, HaxeFlixel, Unity3D, Game Maker, Java + LWGJL, Love2D and others.(Not to say that they are bad engines but I do not have enough experience and know-how in them to make a game.)
With that many trial and errors of engines you think I would have found one that worked and finally I think I have, which is Unreal Engine. Now it has recently become free to use but of course they need a royalty after you make a certain amount but I think that is pretty could since it has great features!
I have posted some Game Development Logs on my journey on my YouTube Channel SwipeFastStudios if you want to see how far I have come.
[Conclusion]
I am currently really busy with school but would like to join a community of GameDevelopers and I am glad I found this site! I will have more free time to work on my new game that I have an idea for, a 2D adventure Game and will post future updates on the Dev log part of these forums!
You all seem like a pretty cool community of Developers and I hope you all have making games and I can make some new friends here!
Thanks for reading my story!
Keep on making Games!
Caleb
SwipeFastStudios
Sky203
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: April 06, 2016, 06:28:13 PM »

Hi,I'm Sky. I develop games;but I also like playing them. I hope to enjoy this thread as much as I do game making it's self. Hope to see you guys around.
Dodozen
Level 0

Casual games for social people :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9383 on: April 07, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »

Hi everybody, DODOZEN here!!,  Gentleman

Happy to meet you all!

A small indie studio at Barcelona really passionate for video-games!
Mainly, 2 guys struggling to move our dream forward and create the games we like as we like Wink

We're both, professionals of the internet and gaming industry with several years of experience in a lot of digital medias.
At the same time, eventually, we collaborate with other professionals too in order to bring the best to our games.

Some time ago we decided to pursue our own goal trying to bring the thrill of the old-good arcade classics to the new phone and tablet platforms where we share our highest level of expertise.

If you want to know more about us, don't hesitate to contact us or visit any of our sites:

TO THE CASTLE: A ghoulie epic adventure for iOS & Android
MattSciar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: April 07, 2016, 08:12:33 PM »

My name's Matt Rathbun and I'm currently based in Vancouver Canada. I've been a pretty hardcore gamer most of my life and love playing competitive stuff. If it's a big title I've probably tried to get good at it.

Now in terms of Game Development I've started my own indie studio I suppose, it's pretty much just me but I've contracted out the other pieces of the puzzle. I just launched my first title on Steam called Super Robot Jump Jump. It was my first title I taught myself how to code with and I'm pretty happy with the results.

It's a 2D precision platformer and really challenging/fun.

Other than that I'm hoping to get started on Game #2. Nice to meet you guys.

Here's a picture of me (I almost forgot) http://i.imgur.com/6BpsaSV.jpg
GooseNinja
TIGBaby

Fire?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9385 on: April 08, 2016, 05:15:24 AM »

Hi, everyone. On the internet, I go by Goose Ninja Ninja or just Goose. But my real name is Skuli Oskarsson. I am a software developer in Iceland currently working in the music industry programming a lot of different things.

I have been programming for a couple of years now, and my primary goal has always been game development. I have been doing something about it on and off again for some time, but now I'm going for it 100%.

I try to stay active on the internet, but that stuff is hard. You can find me  in these places:

goose.ninja
https://twitter.com/SkuliOskarsson
tumblr.goose.ninja

And here is my face. (I'm the one on the left)

arvidsson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: April 08, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm a longtime lurker who've decided it is time to step out from the shadows and say hello. I mainly read devlogs and I intend to start one pretty soonish as me and a friend have gotten pretty far with a project.

I've been programming on and off since the early teens, and I have learned a lot but I've not really accomplished anything noteworthy. But this year that will change.
FauxOperative
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: April 08, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »

Hey every body,

I am Charles Webb.  I studied some programming in college and spent a lot of time designing a board game called Faux-Operative.  Which is a traitor based RPG rogue-like board game which has tested very well (but I am not sure how to take it forward from there...)

After college, I partnered up with my friend Daniel Crockenberg and we started working on translating our ideas in to video games. We formed Faux-Operative games and are currently working on our first release right now.

Nice to meet every body.
jolix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9388 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:52 AM »

Hi!

Let me introduce myself. I’m Jolix, 25 years old (or young…). I’m an AI Engineer during the day, but my real passion is game development at night (hopefully I can make it my day job someday :D ). Like many other gamedevs, I love games, BUT I recently discovered I love making them even more! So here I am, giving in to my creativity and doing what I want … this feels great.

As a kid I loved my Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advanced ... so many hours on Pokemon and Mario Land! When I was around the age of 16, I started playing vanilla World of Warcraft. I played it with my brother and actually kind of never really stopped.

I started taking gamedev a tad more serious in January 2016. I've been experimenting with a procedural generated game, and I think I'm liking it a little too much xD

Thanks for reading!

Jolix

infected-pixels
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9389 on: April 10, 2016, 06:13:26 AM »

Hey there!

I'm Galya, part of the indie game dev team called Infected Pixels. We are a team of three: Oleg, Vlad and I. Oleg is the creator—he creates all the game art and does the programming. Vlad is his side-kick helping to generate ideas and is mainly in charge of level design. And my role is to work with our publisher MildMania, manage various bits of the process, and also represent the team when it comes to communicating in English, which is why I am the one joining this forum. Hope this is going to work well—any questions asked I'll share with Oleg and Vlad and we will be answering together!

The three of us got together last year (in 2015) to work on our first game CATTCH—I'm going to post more details about it under the Games topic, according with the rules Smiley We are from Russia, but we often change places and work remotely, which has its challenges but feels good anyway! We love platformers, bright aesthetics and draw inspiration from the classics.

Excited to become part of this community Smiley

Cheers!
infected-pixels.com
https://readymag.com/student/Studentsimf/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 06:51:43 AM by infected-pixels » Logged
Pathogene
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9390 on: April 10, 2016, 06:25:17 AM »

Hi, everybody!
My name is not important, people usually call me "Pathogene" so let's not break the tradition. That's how I look like when I'm a little bit drunk (always):

I'm here to represent the League of Sweat LLC which consists of me and my friend, who is called Yazz and looks like this:

We founded the company to become game developers and we WILL DO IT! Technically, our first project is about half-way done, posted on Steam Greenlight and got 6% of the way to the top 100 for 12 hours, but rules of decorum don't let me tell you about it here, so you will have to wait for some time  Well, hello there!
Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: April 10, 2016, 10:03:51 AM »

I've recently finished my first internship in an advertising agency.
It was awful.
After that they offered me a "real" job so poorly paid, I'm actually making better money freelance writing horoscopes and ads for slimming pills. So I said "to hell with this adult stuff, I'm gonna make a game. I was GREAT with rpg maker when I was a kid."
I think this may be my quarter-life chrisis. Let's see what it brings, ok?
I'm 23, female, from Italy. I like to write things.

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
Dara
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9392 on: April 10, 2016, 01:01:44 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a music composer and game nerd wanting to expand my portfolio into games.  If anyone needs music I will only be too glad to help.

Examples:
http://www.daracrawford.com/#!home/c1dmp

Thanks,
Dara

Dara
HMonkii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: April 10, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »

Hello, my name is Monkii.

Ive always enjoyed games ever since I was young back in the days of NES and ever since.  I always enjoyed analyzing the mechanics behind them and finding new and interesting things.

My first experience with game dev was back in the early 2000s working with mapping with Unreal Tournament 99.  The most notable thing I did was a map for the "BunnyTrack" obstacle course mod named Abomination, which you can see here. 

Ever since those days ive always wanted to make a game, and have spent the past 7 months or so learning Blender, UE4, and other related tools.  I started work on my own game about 5 months ago, and it has evolved from a 2d shootemup, to a 2.5d platformer, and now its current iteration that is a first person puzzle/platformer that ive been working on for about 4 months. Ive mad an account on twitter and tumblr (though my twitter is updated much more frequently, as it seems to get more response than the tumblr).  I only recently learned about these forums and made an account so i could post announcements here and find another community of developers.

You can see my current project here at
https://twitter.com/HarmlessMonkii
http://trippydev.tumblr.com

Looking forward to reaching and interacting with new people!
WeGameCorp
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9394 on: April 10, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »

We are (I am) a very small indie game studio in Victoria, BC, Canada.

And we started out backwards. We published four games on iOS and OSX before actually solidifying WeGame Corp. So, now we are working from the start but in the middle, hopefully getting there sometime #soon.

My name is Mark and the other founder is John. We’ve been in business together in one form or another for over 20 years. We started out brainstorming about writing a game and now we’ve finally are getting some games written.

You can find me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/WeGameCorp
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: April 10, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »

I've recently finished my first internship in an advertising agency.
It was awful.
After that they offered me a "real" job so poorly paid, I'm actually making better money freelance writing horoscopes and ads for slimming pills. So I said "to hell with this adult stuff, I'm gonna make a game. I was GREAT with rpg maker when I was a kid."
I think this may be my quarter-life chrisis. Let's see what it brings, ok?
I'm 23, female, from Italy. I like to write things.
O_o wow, that sounds like a bad experience. Hope things get better with your decision to join the indie gamer dev scene! Also looking forward to maybe seeing you start a devlog soon of whatever project you have going on.  Coffee

Bricabrac
Level 2

Fail again. Fail better.

View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: April 11, 2016, 02:23:24 AM »

O_o wow, that sounds like a bad experience.
It wasn't actually that awful, just horribly boring in a "I have nothing to do but I have to pretend to work" way. At least I gathered lots of crazy anecdotes! Old colleagues trying to do stuff with computers are depressingly funny.
Like the one who tried to backup her entire Machintosh on Dropbox, dragging her files one folder at a time.
Or the boss who wanted me to print all the post and comments I made on our Facebook page, because he hated screens.

Hope things get better with your decision to join the indie gamer dev scene! Also looking forward to maybe seeing you start a devlog soon of whatever project you have going on.  Coffee
Thanks! Yes, I'm working on a project, and I even have assembled a ragtag team. I'll open a devlog as soon as we have some nice graphics to show - and a title.
Making a good title is proving to be harder than making the game.

Also, greetings to the other new user!

Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG
rosden shadow
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9397 on: April 11, 2016, 05:45:35 AM »

Hi I'm Mark Signorelli (I go by the name and credit myself as Rosden or Rosden Shadow).

I usually make indie games in short periods of time (24 hours - 1 week) but I'm currently
trying to create my first commercial game Wist http://www.indiedb.com/games/wist.

While I'm here I will probably lurk around looking at devlogs and maybe make some of my own in the future.

Though I don't post much
You can find me at:
http://rosden.weebly.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rosden_Shadow

Making short games like there is no tomorrow!
My games: rosden.itch.io
Twitter: @Rosden_shadow
Ibispi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: April 11, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »

Hi.  Blink

Blink 

I'm sitting here, writing this, instead of studying for my college. I wanna be an independent game dev.

Who am I? Well, it's a long story. Noir

But, I'll make it short.

I was born in a place which had been red, except now it's turned green. Hand Money Right

... although not fully, it's still transitioning there. So it's yellow.

When I was a kid, I found other kids insane. So I found sanity in games. Hand Any Key

I still think kids are insane - well, most of the times. Noir

Anyways... where was I... oh yes. Games.

The ones I have the fondest memories of are:

Praetorians, a historical RTS game, based on the times when Romans conquered half of the world. One of the first games I played, and I think it was nicely designed, so I learned quite a few things from it.

Knights of the Old Republic games, which introduced me to the vast possibilities of storytelling in video games.

Then there's Oblivion, which I played quite a lot when I was in high school. It made me realize how immersive games can be.

Then there was the Space Rangers 2 game, which was fun.

And many many many many other games.

I got introduced to game making via AGS and its community. I played a lot of amateur adventure games and learned a lot from those. I made two games then.

But, I've moved on from the template of adventure games and after having played FTL I got interested into the roguelike/rogue-lite genre.

So here I am. I'm using Love2d now, and I'm making games. Hand Metal Left

Leaghorn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9399 on: April 11, 2016, 04:08:52 PM »

Hi guys

My name is Peter, I live in Poland and I'm trying to be a Game Developer Smiley My gameDev name is Leaghorn. I play games since I first turned on my Atari 65XE as a kid, over 2 decades ago. It was also my first contact with programming (Basic).

I started gameDev at the beginning of 2014. For now I work solo on everything besides music. I work in Unity and program in C#.

You could visit my page www.Leaghorn.com if you'd like to see my progress.
You could also follow me on twitter.com/Leaghorn or facebook.com/LeaghornStudio

I'm really looking forward to be a part of this community

Cheers!

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic