Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:47:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer looking for that special artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer looking for that special artist  (Read 1502 times)
pandit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »

Hey people!

I'm an experimented Flash dev (10+ years) and I'm learning C# and Unity (10+ days  Roll Eyes), I'd LOVE to work on a project with some talented artist. I can help on the graphics as well, I've done 2D or 3D stuff, pixel art, vectorial, I've done some art direction and illustration before, but it's not my main thing so I'm a bit slow at it.

What I'm looking for is not a specific style of art, neither a specific style of game, I'm very open-minded, but I'm very "exigent" as well. I'm looking for someone with whom I'd share some "intellectual" affinities. I have many ideas for a new game, but I'm very open to other people ideas as well.

A few things about me:
- I'm french-speaking, my english is OK but I'm not bilingual
- I'm 35 years old (yes), I'm very serious and gone through A LOT of professional projects - not games though, mostly advanced flash websites.
- I'm a lot into philosophy, literature, art, science, spirituality, other cultures, history, sci-fi, etc... I'm the intellectual type of guy.

I'd like to find an artist who have the same kind of interest in life so that we could create together a game that is refreshing, new, with some interesting content/meaning in it, while being gameplay-oriented. I want to do a creative and well polished project that people will want to play, with good controls (very important for me!).

My website (contains only a small part of what I've done):
http://www.eudoxpan.com

I aim for a small game to begin with, something we could be proud of and show on the web, while maybe not selling it (why not, though!). It could be in Flash or Unity. I'm confident and know we can create something really solid.

Now is time to tell me I'm naive or pretentious or that you're interested Gentleman

Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »

Hello,

I am interested in working with a programmer. I like what you wrote, I think we have very similar references and thoughts. I presented some samples in this thread:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=22791.msg672297#msg672297

I am an amateur artist with love for simple, addictive games.

Maybe we can work on something together.

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
pandit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »

Hi Bahototh,
Thanks for replying! I looked at your spritesheets and mock-ups, it's pretty cool. I dig the micro pixel art thing, but what I have in mind is something that would appeals to a broader audience. My goal is to create a game that could be compared to, let say, Pineapple Smash Crew, not in terms of style or gameplay, but overall quality/eye-candy/polish. So I'm looking for someone as much dedicated as I am, with a couple of years of experience or nice portfolio of graphics and animation. Let me know if you think you're up to the task.
Thanks again  Smiley
Blue_Pixel
Level 0

OHRer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »

Hey there,

I've started a project in unity some time ago, and it never took off due it the lack of a programmer. If you're interested in testing / streaching your unity skills, I think this would be a good way to get some personal experience in, and being productive at the same time.

check it out here, and let me know if you're up for the task.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23790.0;topicseen

www.Bluepxl.com - blog about my games and such.
pillowsurfermikko
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:29 PM »

hey! i'm a sort of design guy i mainly do little character designs but im decent at enviroments. Although i have all the projects i can handle right now you seem like a pretty good programmer and i like to get my hands in talented people's pockets. I can't say i'm very intellectual so you probably will scoff at my stupidity at times, but i constantly have ideas i want to do and am always very motivated. I also have very offputting ideas sometimes, not exactly gore-y but things that would make some people not like it but if you are fine with that please contact me
here are some things i've done
Jesus is a Quadriplegic with a Fence in his head: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/585073 my only completed game so far, i've gotten a tons better since then Smiley
sprite sheet of one of my current projects : http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/93980b7f6456aa1e19aa536947c8bb8e

and this is a guy from game i would potentially like to make with you (i like to work in hot pink because it dulls my colors)
hopefully that doesn't come out huge :D
The game is a combination of missle command with shadow of the colossus (both games i haven't played) and it is much simpler than it sounds. but thats just the project that would be next on my list to do i have many other ideas, if you'd like to contact me my email is: [email protected]
and there is no way you can hate that name more than i regret it.
oh and i also work in flash so it would be easy to send art assets and whatever :D
again i wouldn't be able to work with you for a while (maybe minimalistically) this is just to introduce my self and to see if you'd like to work with me
pandit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:18:30 AM »

Guys, thanks for the replies.

Your stuff is great but this is not what I'm looking for. I know, I've said I'm open-minded, and it's true, but as stated earlier, I'd like to work on something that would appeal to a larger group of "consumers" so to speak. So I need a pro/semi-pro artist with a strong portfolio. I don't care if it's pixel art, bitmap, vectorial, 3d or not, whatever, but it has to be of a professional technical quality. It's not a judgment on your work.
Blue pixel, your work is cool but I'm not into pokemon stuff.

Thanks anyway guys and keep up the good work.

On a side note, I've just received a job offer from a game studio so maybe I won't have enough time for this project. If I find a good-enough artist, we could start our own studio, but otherwise I'll have to get a job.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic