Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:21:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsa s p h y x ~ hold your breath. ~ [YOU CAN PLAY STUFF HERE NOW]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: a s p h y x ~ hold your breath. ~ [YOU CAN PLAY STUFF HERE NOW]  (Read 11900 times)
etcetera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »

Really cool concept :D
I also like the art style you used!
Maxim Schoemaker
Level 1

Bloh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »

EDIT2: @Maxim Schoemaker: Just jump into the water then jump out.

Holy shit My Word!
Am I really that stupid? xD

Thanks!

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »

Genius idea man, I love the idea how it relies on your participation,  Beer!  Nice looking art style too, keep up the good work man.

increpare
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2012, 04:52:42 PM »

Enjoyed, laughed a lot, died a lot Smiley
agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:27 AM »

Watched a friend playing : lots of fun! Good job.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »

If someone is underwater for more than the current world record, (20 minutes I think) you should give them a sarcastic congratulatory message.

(Also I can't figure out how to get to that one passage! aaaahhhhhh!)
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »

Just had a quick playthrough and great fun, interesting game mechanic and really makes you start to panic when you fall through floors into the watery abyss below.

Nice job  Gentleman

zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:37 PM »

Great fun! I love games that make you think about your breathing. I finally died after falling into a hole that was a lot deeper than I expected. I had a hint of panic too, realizing that I wasn't going to make it out, and started frantically jumping up to try to get back to the surface. Didn't make it. Very cool to have the game pull panic out that way Smiley

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »

Very well done, this is really fun and inspiring! I love that it bridges the gap between physical games (with rules) and video games (with laws). There's nothing to keep the player from breaking the premise of the game but you do a good job of making that unappealing.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »

Just got done giving this a play, and I really enjoyed it! I thought the idea was extremely fun... The graphics and platforming were very tight as well. Great work here!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »

I pretended my character has gills. >_>
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »

Just played this - its a fantastic concept, great atmosphere too  Beer!

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »

I told myself I'd be done with this... but I should at least fashion some music I guess D:

Thanks for the responses, all you humans :D

ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »

I told myself I'd be done with this... but I should at least fashion some music I guess D:

Thanks for the responses, all you humans :D

Some atmospheric music would do a lot for it, actually. The game doesn't need any but if anything is lacking it's immersion (hah!).

ant27
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2012, 04:09:39 PM »

just read Hangedman's "very cryptic feedback". what exactly is cryptic about it? i think im missing something since noone else said anything about it.

also, i thought the game was pretty fun, even though i kept dying at the falling platform part
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:05:26 PM by ant27 » Logged
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

Just played this. Multiple times. Reached some secret passages, but still feel like I haven't found everything... I'll keep playing, but maybe tomorrow, when my lungs get back to normal Tongue

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »

thanks for bumping this, dom - this was pretty cool! even a little nervewracking waiting for the water to lower at times.

play hydlide 2
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »

This is really a great game, and a great devlog to read. You can see why the game succeeds at what it does, and you can see the turning point in development when droqen said:

Don't give rewards -- but drop the player into shockingly bad situations at unexpected times, or make easy-looking situations suddenly worse than expected. Create panic around breath-holding; if someone's already following the rule, they're likely to want to keep following it. If they don't care anyway, well, who cares?

I really wonder if there is a somewhat positive ending, a way to beat the negativism ("You'll die anyway"), or if it's all part of the theme of the game? I'll have to play some more and try to figure it out. I have an idea about how to maybe beat it - I think there's a way to empty out the room near the end there, where you gotta climb a couple screens while water rises...

ToastyKen
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

Hm. I found a room that seems like a puzzle, lots of floating blocks and a pulley. I can't for the life of me figure it out. Sad Anyone have a tip?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic