Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411648 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 09:55:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKnuckle Sandwich – Demo out now!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Knuckle Sandwich – Demo out now!  (Read 42900 times)
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2015, 06:35:33 AM »

Haha, he's not doing a very good job at scaring the crows. They must like the music. Could you make them all bob their heads in tune to the music the scarecrow plays? That would be hilarious.

I remember in the New Super Mario Bros game on Wii, the baddies would do some sort of dance/hop in time with certain parts of the music. I always thought it was such an awesome subtle thing:

Yeah, tiny thing like that, or even unique animations, totally make things feel soooo much better. I'm 100% for the minor details.

Hi, accidentally found this:

(image)

in the Screenshot Saturday thread (I've got a lot to go thru, haven't been thru the DevLogs for ages) and thought to myself: wow, that's very Earthbound/Mother 2-3 like. Seconds later I was here, giggling like an idiot at every other update post.

Funny thing, as I was recently revisiting the series and thinking if anyone would be able to pick up the visual style and humor. Seeing how you're stating to go for quality over quantity, and to give it a more mature tone, I'm pretty much sold at the moment, hehe. Subscribed to the newsletter, best of luck (perseverance?) on this!

What a happy accident - thanks for your words! Not totally sure I'd say this is more mature, but I do see what you mean; the Mother series touches on many mature themes with a childlike point of view, and honestly, it's not something I'd even attempt to emulate. Humor, an unusual story and maximilist design is what I'm going for, and I totally think I'm conveying what I want to say with my work. The similarities are there and it's cool that people see the connection and are digging it, but I'm also not doing this as a response (or as a loveletter) to these aesthetic inspirations.

Wow, great stuff you've got here.
I really enjoy the earthbound-y style, not many rpgs are set in modern times!
Is there any twist to the battle system or is it traditional turn based battles?

Thanks! I'm working on a video that shows the battles in greater detail - it's the turn-based format that people know and love, but there's a lot under the surface that makes it truly unique. I don't want to spoil it for now!

I just can't get over the visuals. This game looks better with every post.

Anyway, I finished a piece of fanart that I mentioned earlier. I hope its okay! http://duskedsky.tumblr.com/image/129101689186 (just posting the link instead since this isn't my thread)

Duuuuuuude, this is sick! I'll post it on the Twitter account and all that business.

Here's it is for anyone too lazy to click a link:

This looks fantastic.
Very Mother, in a good way.
I have nothing really to add I'm just commenting so I see updates.
Love the concept!

Thankyou guys! Feel free to sign up for the newsletter if you want an email when there's something playable: http://knucklesandwich.biz/digest

----------------------------------

I haven't done an update in forever. I've been secretly working on something a lil' bigger than usual...

As a preview, here's a GIF of a Vine that links to a Twitter post:

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2015, 06:49:52 AM »

That vine is amazing! I remember reading about this game in Killscreen and this vine confirms everything and more I wanted to see from this game! Can't wait to play it!

Also, this devlog is dope, easily the most entertaining one I've encountered.

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »

That's all kinds of wild. I just followed you on Twitter and there's more stuff there it seems. :D I really like your control mapping gif. Haha.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:20 PM »

i am very excited for this game

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2015, 08:22:22 PM »

That vine is amazing! I remember reading about this game in Killscreen and this vine confirms everything and more I wanted to see from this game! Can't wait to play it!

Also, this devlog is dope, easily the most entertaining one I've encountered.

Thanks! I try and keep every page here lively and interesting.

That's all kinds of wild. I just followed you on Twitter and there's more stuff there it seems. :D I really like your control mapping gif. Haha.

Thankyou! I'll be explaining it in detail soon.

i am very excited for this game

Me too!

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »

We have a trailer! Lots of cool stuff involved. With it comes the launch of the game's Greenlight page. Please do vote for it!

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »

is that music from the game? or is it just a track that's cool for the trailer?
Either way it's rad.
So crazy and awesome.

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
denzgd
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2015, 07:28:56 PM »

Voted on Greenlight. Good luck, dude.

neko.works
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2015, 05:45:48 AM »

Voted too. Good luck!

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »

Thanks guys! Things are going super well in the Greenlight department. 

Here's some recent press:

Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9453901/knuckle-sandwich-trailer-steam-greenlight-andrew-brophy
PC Gamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/knuckle-sandwich-trailer-pits-man-against-giant-legged-noses/
Indiegames: http://indiegames.com/2015/10/new_trailer_for_knuckle_sandwi.html
Indie Ruckus: http://indieruckus.com/quirky-rpg-lovers-lend-me-your-ears-knuckle-sandwich-is-coming/

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »

Hyped to yes my vote, looks on fleek!

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2015, 11:01:10 PM »

Thanks! The trailer has gone very well. People are digging it, I'm stoked.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Conference season here in Australia is right around the corner, so I've been getting things ready to show the game to some people there, as well as getting some bigger plans finalised. I am working on some lil' updates that explain more about the game's systems, so you should sign up to the newsletter if you want an email when they're out: http://knucklesandwich.biz/digest

PS. Here's art for the main character (by moandhiscar).

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2015, 01:09:08 AM »

Paper Marioesque
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »

Dang, that trailer looks great! Love the music a lot!

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:54 AM »

Congratulations on the Greenlighting!

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »

Thanks guys! I've been hella inactive because last week was International Games Week here in Melbourne. I showed KS in the PAX Rising pavilion over the weekend and I got a really great response. Here's a photo of the modest setup:

Also, this is old news now, but the game got Greenlit. It hit the top 100 within a day, so I figured it would be in the next round by that point. Turns out it got greenlit not too long after that (two weeks, I think? Maybe less), so it was a nice surprise.

I'm currently working hard on another video that will show more of the mechanics behind the game. I also have a few new characters that I'd love to show, so I might work them in somehow.

As always, a GIF:

Canned Turkey
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »

This game is amazing. Simply amazing.
plauk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »

Hey, I saw this at Freeplay Parallels. Awesome news that you got greenlit. From what I've seen, this sort of reminds me of Lisa a bit, maybe, but less dark? Looking forward to buying this with cash moneys.

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »

How have I missed this! The sheer variety of surreal and quirky animations is amazing.

Looking great so far. I hope to see plenty of funny and weird conversations with NPC's in here.  Smiley

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2015, 05:21:36 AM »

This game is amazing. Simply amazing.
Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
Hey, I saw this at Freeplay Parallels. Awesome news that you got greenlit. From what I've seen, this sort of reminds me of Lisa a bit, maybe, but less dark? Looking forward to buying this with cash moneys.

Thanks! I hope you dug the Parallels video. If you're interested, I have a newsletter going for people who want to know when the game is out -- http://knucklesandwich.biz/digest

How have I missed this! The sheer variety of surreal and quirky animations is amazing.

Looking great so far. I hope to see plenty of funny and weird conversations with NPC's in here.  Smiley

Thankyou, and yes, there is a heap of NPC interactions to be had.

---------------------------

I made a tool that lets me quickly test different monsters out in battle (amongst other things). Making tools to aid your game development is totally a smart thing to do and I totally recommend it.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic