Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 09:59:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCastle Fade: Co-op Platformer- old school art, new school influences
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Castle Fade: Co-op Platformer- old school art, new school influences  (Read 913 times)
Ryumaru
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2014, 12:10:29 AM »

Hello all!

This is Castle Fade, a single and multiplayer platformer born from the remnants of an unfinished but promising GBJam entry! Working under the name SleeplessSeven, me ( the concept guy and artist) and Derek ( the programmer) will be documenting it's progress here. We have a gamejolt page with some media and updates from before this point so feel free to take a look:

http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/castle-fade/31760/

The engine is well on it's way, and a good portion of the assets needed for a true demo are completed. ( However, as this is now my lovechild, and I already have a tendency to do this, most of the animations I am sure will go through multiple iterations before I'm willing to let other eyes gaze upon them)

We hope to release sometime in 2015, probably middle to late, and of course, are seriously considering a Kickstarter to pay for the holes in our team: music and level design. Ico, Castlevania, and Dark Souls are among our influences, so the project, while relatively modest in scale, has a lot to live up to in order to give justice to those titles and the quality we set out to achieve.

Below, some samplings:

Thanks for taking a look :] More to come soon!
Transmission
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 12:22:26 AM »

Looks really great!  The muted palette with warm and cool grays is really nice. 

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 12:35:46 AM »

Kiss
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic