Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 06:15:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe New Adventures Of Billy The Kid
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The New Adventures Of Billy The Kid  (Read 1996 times)
thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 04:13:19 AM »

A short adventure game made in six days. Help Billy the Kid win his soul back from the Devil.

CONTROLS:
leftclick - walk
rightclick - interact
esc - menu
NOTE: you may need to rightclick inventory items to select them.
The soundtrack was taken from the open source audio collection at archive.org. There is a full tracklisting in the readme.

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/the-new-adventures-of-billy-the-kid/download/2317/

I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »

I think it'd be funny if the mouse icon was taped to the end of a stick.
davidfrankel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't run the game on my Mac, so I can't give any real feedback.  However, if it looks anything like the screenshot, then that's just awesome.  There need to be more games that use cotton balls for clouds.
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:39:39 PM »

I love Westerns, I love experimental art in games, and I love adventure games.  Good sir, when I get to building a new Windows PC, this will be the at the top of my MUST PLAY list.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »

haha i like the style, however there are angering details that surprisingly make me angry

first and foremost is that there is no mouse-over stuff. not even a lighting-up cursor, even less the name of what i am mouse-overing

and while i know you are going for low-fi it would've been cool if there was an not-on-horse graphic for inside the building

also i wasn't able to exit the bar so i stopped playing

that scene sort of took away the western feel by the way, but i dunno maybe it's cool when you see the rest
thecatamites
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:56:45 AM »

you can get out of the bar by rightlclicking the door behind you, it may be hard to see behind the character graphics though! in retrospect i should have put in something to show the name of what you're mousing over, i'll keep it in mind for future games!

The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:58:29 AM »

please do. just some kind of feedback you're hovering something clickable would be ok, but the best is to see the name of what's clickable

your game reminds me of Life of D. Duck and its sequel (Life of D. Duck 2) which you really should play! It's pencil-on-paper too albeit done differently and they did A LOT of animation considering source material but i think it'd be your kinda game!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »

Yeah the door is hard to spot.

The game is rather nice but way too short and basic.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
maxwell
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »

That was great! I wish it had been less annoying to make the characters do stuff, obviously the goal of the game is not to offer complex interaction but to deliver a story in an entertaining way, so you should make that as simple as possible. But a good story it was, and that's what counts.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

Short and sweet, but the real gems are the dialog and art.  It really shows how much thought you put into those.

hi
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic