Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 06:06:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject: Infinitesimals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Project: Infinitesimals  (Read 52865 times)
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »

Wah looks beautiful. The animations are just splendid, perhaps just one thing to say about it: be careful not to forget that it's to be playable and reactive. Some actions seem a bit slow.

Just listened to the soundtrack as well.... Too bad somebody's already on there, I'd have really liked to give it a try myself but the soundtrack sounds very very good, congrats to James McWilliams.

Hi Ephoete,

Thank you Smiley At the moment its just me on the team doing all the art, design and sound/music. But very soon the team will be expanding and I'll be getting help in most areas.

James
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »

Currently working on a piece of concept art, not quite finished yet of course! (right click and view to see it at a better size)

defiantchild
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »

i'm inspired. i almost shat my pants. thanks.

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:03 PM »

i'm inspired. i almost shat my pants. thanks.

I take no responsibility for any soiled underwear! :D
Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »

Very nice indeed, I love how it looks with those colors Smiley

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 01:37:37 AM »

The POD has several cable launchers built into it's hull, this will allow it to swing around the world. It will also be able to drag objects around with them...

Video:

Love it!  Beer!

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 06:43:24 PM »

Very nice indeed, I love how it looks with those colors Smiley

Thanks MusicVortex Smiley

mauz, thanks  Coffee
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »

wahh this looks fantastic  My Word!

Pyrospy_WV
Level 0

Make games not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »

I need a video of gameplay
I like the exploration game, and this looks like an excelent idea

Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left

www.ulpomedia.com
We make games not war!
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 02:01:12 PM »

Thanks Jamesprimate, Looking forward to Rainworld Wink

Pyrospy_WV, there isn't any gameplay yet as we're just getting the basic mechanics sorted. Hopefully will have some stuff to show in the next couple of months however!
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 11:10:17 AM »

Here's a work in progress of the POD's High poly mesh by our fantastic 3D artist Tim Hay.

The POD's cockpit is mounted upon a gyroscope. This ensures that no matter what axis the outer body is aligned to, both Pilots are sat in an upright position.

acatalept
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 11:44:47 AM »

Just incredible, great attention to detail.  In addition to all the other compliments here, I really appreciate the quality and subtlety of the sound effects in the gameplay demo videos - nice work, hope the final soundtrack doesn't drown them out ;)

Can't wait to play this!

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »

I thought I'd put the Animation concept videos as Gifs for easier digestion (no sound in these unfortunately!)

Youtube links with sound:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:56:41 AM by cubit » Logged
forsy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »

Stunning... is the action in the gifs player controlled or is it scripted? This thing looks so intelligent and aware of its surroundings. I kind of just want to watch more well choreographed videos of this instead of play it Smiley The sound integration is top notch as well.

Lift - Devlog | Play | Twitter
AndyBumpkin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »

Bloomin eck, looks great! Good job there!

Can't wait to see how this controls/plays!

Join Space Farmers Steam Community Group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/spacefarmers
Follow me on the twitters: https://twitter.com/BumpkinAndy
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »

So you don't have any in-game footage yet? These are all concept videos?

Also I just noticed you're the person who did the APB concept videos. Very nice. Smiley Small world!

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 02:09:30 PM »

Love the concept and initial tests. Great character animation!

Posting all these after effects videos seems kinda misleading. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay.

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 02:38:18 PM »

Yeh I can understand how it may have been unclear that the silhouette animations were animation/abiltiy concepts Smiley I did mention they were concepts but I should have probably emphasized that clearer. Apologies  Beer!

cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 03:46:28 AM »

acatalept: Thanks, yeh - we should ensure that the sound scapes don't get forgotten and washed out by noise. There is something musical about the ambient sounds of a world after all!

forsy: Yeh, those sillouttes animations are visual targets for it's motion. I may be cornering myself a bit by showing these because it means we have to ensure the final thing is as close to those as we can. I believe it's entirely possible however. Oh, I'm enjoying your flight sim sandbox thread by the way Wink

AndyBumpkin: Thanks!

Konidias: Ah, APB! yeh I worked at Realtime Worlds back in the day. The Company closed before we could start implementing those suggestions into the game - we did get some of them working!
cubit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2014, 04:05:23 AM »

Ok, time for some design stuff...

There are several ways we could implement the legs animation. My initial thoughts were to do them entirely procedurally...

That's something I'm still interested in but another option that may give us better aesthetic results may be to create a hybrid system with some core animations of the legs to serve as a guide to a procedural system.

I feel that the motion of the POD's body and it's responsiveness to controls are the first thing to get feeling good. In a sense, the legs are more an aesthetic element...

The stance of the POD may be something to experiment with. I quite like the idea that the player has absolute analog control of the POD's stance in relation to the surface. However, I also feel it may complicate matters...

Climbing surfaces should be a simple matter to the player. Not all sheer surfaces are climbable of course...

Tight areas may bring up some interesting implementation problems for the legs. Especially if there are winding passages. It needs to flow through them with ease...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:19:00 AM by cubit » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic