Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:43:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs"Salem" - Witches in SPACE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: "Salem" - Witches in SPACE  (Read 21108 times)
qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »

Is that multimedia fusion ? Or game maker? WHAT IS THAT  WTF
Octopus Tophat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2017, 09:12:24 PM »

Construct 2??

Roguelike platformer: RogueWorld
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2017, 09:45:31 PM »

Is that multimedia fusion ? Or game maker? WHAT IS THAT  WTF

Construct 2??

Construct 2 D:

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »

This isn't for the main game but I have an idea for an ancillary thing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:10:06 PM by Devi Ever » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 04:17:29 AM »

ok but,,, flying on broom being to this game what the bike is in pokemon would be radicool

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »

ok but,,, flying on broom being to this game what the bike is in pokemon would be radicool

D:

I'll consider it!

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:35 AM »

Been daydreaming of an arcade within my witch game that has half the resolution of my game, which would end up at 56 x 48 pixels... anyhow, this is the first game prototype animation of an RC pro-am style game with brooms.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »

Broom, broom!!
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »

Temporary title!

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2017, 02:16:54 AM »

I could cry this looks so much better than I had hoped... I made a title screen and fancy transition and the game works pretty good OH NO THE HEALING ORB DIDN'T END UP ON THE RIGHT LAYER AT THE END AVERT YOUR EYES PLEASE.

q1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2017, 05:01:58 AM »

mini broom is so cute.
Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »

I'm sad I'm coming in to this so late, but catching up has been wonderfully entertaining. It's probably for the best, actually, as I would have spent an entire page worth of posts reliving UO memories with you.

Keep doing what you've been doing. This is wonderful.

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »

'it's got a yoshi's island title screen'

hnnnngh <3

Devlog<br /><br />[/
Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2017, 12:11:07 AM »

I'm putting an arcade in Salem and decided to name it after the arcade I remember only in my dreams of childhood from the 80's.

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »

mini broom is so cute.

Glad someone likes it!  I'm excited to emulate some old skool arcade action! :D

I'm sad I'm coming in to this so late, but catching up has been wonderfully entertaining. It's probably for the best, actually, as I would have spent an entire page worth of posts reliving UO memories with you.

Keep doing what you've been doing. This is wonderful.

Welcome to the fold, and don't worry, this is a LOOOONG term project, so plenty of time to chat about whatever and it's never a bad time to talk about how great UO is! :D  Thanks for being awesome! :D

hnnnngh <3

Now if only I could spin around some textures in C2 the same way they do for Yoshi's Island. D:

Looking great!

Thanks! :D

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »

I'm liking the visuals so far. Smiley

hnnnngh <3

Now if only I could spin around some textures in C2 the same way they do for Yoshi's Island. D:
Having worked with it, I knew that Construct 2 was "limited", but thought that I'd be able to create something like this:

I only got so far: Grin

Actually, Z-sorting seems to be possible (parenting objects) but the rotating texture for the ground (as in the island) would need a lot more coding though. However, if you only wanted to do a solid ground with simple "ground pattern" sprites, then that should be doable similarly to the trees.

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »

Having worked with it, I knew that Construct 2 was "limited", but thought that I'd be able to create something like this:

I only got so far: Grin

Actually, Z-sorting seems to be possible (parenting objects) but the rotating texture for the ground (as in the island) would need a lot more coding though. However, if you only wanted to do a solid ground with simple "ground pattern" sprites, then that should be doable similarly to the trees.

Ha ha!  This is brilliant!  Don't forget too to decrease the size of the trees as they go towards the top of the screen.  If you use low quality scaling, or whatever it's called they'll even pixelate as they get smaller.

(edit : Oh, I didn't realize Yoshi's Island didn't scale down the sprites as they went into the background, still it'd look neat!)

I actually did have an idea of how to do this, with a squashed rotating texture but not sure if it'd actually look right.

Seriously though, thank you for putting in the effort!  I love it!

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2017, 12:57:09 AM »

Made my first font! :D

I am going to dread doing the numbers and special characters tho. D:

Going to use this for the arcade, maybe.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »

Ha ha!  This is brilliant!  Don't forget too to decrease the size of the trees as they go towards the top of the screen.  If you use low quality scaling, or whatever it's called they'll even pixelate as they get smaller.

(edit : Oh, I didn't realize Yoshi's Island didn't scale down the sprites as they went into the background, still it'd look neat!)

I actually did have an idea of how to do this, with a squashed rotating texture but not sure if it'd actually look right.

Seriously though, thank you for putting in the effort!  I love it!
You're welcome! Smiley  Coming mainly from Flash and now Unity, I thought it'd be possible to do those in Construct 2.  Interestingly, found similar requests dating back many years but seems like those weren't implemented in C2.

Yeah, it didn't seem like that the sprites were scaled.  However, the sprite movements seem a bit "jumpy" i.e. moving forwards and backwards here and there that seems more than pixel based clamping.

Oh, I've came across another similar rotating title screen.  Are there more like these? (could be any game)

Not sure why, but I find them very captivating.  Likely it's the nostalgia when those types of 3d visuals started appearing in games. Smiley  Also, it reminds me of watching snow-globe mini worlds. Smiley

Devi Ever
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »

I appreciate a good font but also, that font is really high-resolution compared to the sprites you've been posting

The cool thing about C2 is you can scale down images so they fit.  You'll notice that's what I did for the sprite fonts here :

Also I was specifically talking about using the font for title screens in the arcade.  Gentleman

I appreciate the concern, and I'm a novice in a lot of ways when it comes to programming, but hey, give me a little more credit on simple things like graphic's resolution!  I've been doing computer graphic design since the 80'. D:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic