Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411696 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 07:24:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe Unfinished Game/Demo Dump
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: The Unfinished Game/Demo Dump  (Read 281115 times)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »

Xion, thanks! I loved the idea of a doll person, so I wrote it into a story for a comic I drew. I later decided that the character would be fun in 3D for a game I wanted to make at the time.

adj, I'm glad you like them! I haven't made much new 3D in a little while, I should get back to it.

twitter: @docky
Galaxy613
Level 1

10,000 Lightyears of Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2009, 10:53:17 AM »

Unfinished Game/Demos? Wow I got alot of those. I have a some screenshots of a few already uploaded. If anyone wants links to the latest builds just PM me.

This game never really had a proper name. I think it's working name was Galatic Conquest.. or something. Basically you start out with a space station and if you have to build units to fight your enemies and harvest asteroids. Here's the kicker though, I never made any way to control your units so you had to hope they don't do anything stupid. This also means you're on equal footing with the AI, which usually means the games will end in the stalemate most of the time. Undecided I love this style and would like to do something like this later.

Hmm, apparently I only took pictures in the home system.. there was about 4-5 systems when I stopped working on it. And to transition to them, you were shot at high speeds by warp gates. As you were flying you'll see the nebulae move as you fly past them at super fast speeds and eventually slow down to enter your target system.

I never quite figured out how NPCs were going to work. And when I got fighting AI working, they would beat the crap out of me. Sad

I'll post more later.

[ Quest! ] A new year, with new possibilities. [ Follow me on Twitter! ]
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

big pic
I've started way more but most never even got far enough to be distinguishable from one another since they were all mostly just boxes and squares by the time I gave up. And the oldest ones are on my long-dead computer.

Seraph
arrows, z, x. up+attack uppercuts. run+down slides.

I have guns that I cannot aim but a jetpack that kind of makes up for it
arrows, x, c. C does trippy shit, use it too much and it'll hurt you.

Boomshakaboom
arrows.

jute
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »

Some of the games in this thread look so awesome.  If you know you're not going to finish them, why not give up the source?

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2009, 02:33:48 PM »

big pic
I've started way more but most never even got far enough to be distinguishable from one another since they were all mostly just boxes and squares by the time I gave up. And the oldest ones are on my long-dead computer.

The second from the top on the far right looks interesting. And I like the chunky pixels of the screenshot two pictures from the left of that. Is that an Amstrad CPC colour palette?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »

Nope, I made it up with those old systems' palettes like that in mind tho.

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »

xion , Seraph is a really fun game i only gave it a few goes but Im gonna play it some more.  These are really cool ideas.

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2009, 01:16:42 AM »

Does a piece of unfinished design document qualify as "unfinished game"? If not... do we have a "game design dump"? I figured that all the over ambitious designs will probably serve as an inspiration source to others, and then at least the document does die in vain.

X-Tender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2009, 06:08:44 AM »

A small Flashgame I started years ago with a Freind and never finished it.
So still kinda buggy Huh?

Playable Here

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

X-tender. I see what you did there, nice pun!

Does a piece of unfinished design document qualify as "unfinished game"? If not... do we have a "game design dump"? I figured that all the over ambitious designs will probably serve as an inspiration source to others, and then at least the document does die in vain.
You could start a thread!

twitter: @docky
Pablo
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »

Playable Here
sweetness
HannesP
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2009, 04:49:40 AM »

"Buggy"... ha ha...  Corny Laugh
Clearness
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2009, 01:25:36 PM »

"Buggy"... ha ha...  Corny Laugh
Haha I saw that as a pun right away also.  :D
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »

Here's the Last Completely Unfinished Game Demo I made a year ago: IceWolf.

Download here: http://dragon.six.free.fr/deviantgames/IceWolf%20Demo.zip
This demo requires a high framerate to be stable. If not, you'll go through walls x[]
(for reference, it runs alright on a Athlon XP 2600+, Nvidia 6600GT 128mo, and 1go DDR1)

There's many reasons why I can't continue this project now (mostly because the arts just weren't good enough), but it is not my last take on this style of game.
Soon I'll show my new project for feedbacks, and hopefully finishing it this time.
Oh God please finish this game! It was like anime in motion.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

It was like anime in motion.
:D
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »

Ouch!

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
DragonSix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »

It's true that it isn't like a anime, or maybe you mean't like a low budget anime ^^'
Anyway, it didn't hit the target at all, back then. If I ever resurrect this project, I might completely redo both the graphics and gameplay from scratch.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

It's true that it isn't like a anime, or maybe you mean't like a low budget anime ^^'

I think he was laughing because anime is always in motion.  You could have just said it was like anime.  The in motion is redundant and sounds kinda funny Smiley
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2009, 03:44:29 PM »

I think he was laughing because anime is always in motion.  You could have just said it was like anime.  The in motion is redundant and sounds kinda funny Smiley
I guess it was but...it sounded cool?Huh? lol I was typing fast, give me a break.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Super-Dot
Level 1

hup hup

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:49 PM »

There's a local challenge to make a shmup, and I felt obligated to participate. The idea of making a polished shmup doesn't really appeal to me, though, so I spent most of the time in design and avoided polishing at all in implementation. It's a B-game in the bad sense. Grin

It's called Intersecshmup, and the basic idea is that you can only shoot enemies that are intersecting. The enemies move in predictable patterns, like circles and triangles and zigzags and sine curves, and the original idea was to have you time your shots based on predictions of when enemies would touch each other (you have a limited amount of shots, you see). Making that fun would have taken polish time, so I defaulted to the standard "shoot like crazy when you have the opportunity".

I was originally going to have a boss that changed shapes to different iconic intersections, like a hammer hitting a nail and a bat hitting a baseball and probably something else. I ended up just using the hammer.
You can download what I made here (.exe link). Arrows to move, Space to shoot, Y to skip past the unreasonably healthy enemies. I also uploaded the source code for no reason.

I do like the idea, so who knows, maybe I'll polish it up if I ever become interested in shmups. Undecided

Kelsey Higham, student at SJSU
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic