Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:57:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMonster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate  (Read 17902 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2015, 02:38:32 PM »

Here's a tip: Never sell Earth Crystals for cash. You're going to need all of them later down the line.

In fact, try not to sell anything at all if you can avoid it. Materials in this game have so many uses that you never know when you'll end up needing something again.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »

oh i never did that in any of the games, no worries. ive also never been short on cash in mh4 so far (im guessing that'll come later?).

im using charge blade so far because a bunch of ppl told me its the "best solo weapon" and im also finding it fun to use.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »

I was surprised at how quickly the charge blade replaced the longsword in my heart. I was dead set on learning how to use the switch axe properly too but I decided I wouldn't bother thirty odd hours of play time ago because I was having too much fun. I've slimmed my weapon selection down to two now, this and the hammer because sometimes you just gotta knock a Seltas out of the sky with a golf swing.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »

i used a longsword in mh3u too. the problem was that i was too much of a noob to ever get it fully charged pretty much. one thing im still unsure about (in mh in general) is when to block vs when to dodge. i also rarely use the analog nub because i keep forgetting it exists haha.

also the new weapon tutorials are a godsend.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »

i started with a gunlance, switched to sns, then charge blade, then great sword and finally hammer. i go between the hammer and gs the most.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2015, 12:33:31 AM »

one thing im still unsure about (in mh in general) is when to block vs when to dodge.
Generally only block when it's already too late to dodge. Also, you can block stuff like monster roars or Gypceros blinding flash thing.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2015, 12:38:41 AM »

SnS Speed Setup craziness:

Rolls to evade his own bombs. Note that he's making more bombs with the touchscreen while fighting the monster. WTF

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2015, 01:36:21 AM »

That's nuts. I've watched it three times already because Tigrex is a total bastard and I love to see him suffer.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

I never had a cash shortage in low rank but holy shit. Once you reach high rank there is so much stuff you need to purchase you run out almost immediately. I am looking up money-making strategies online as we speak.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »

how the hell is that guy shooting from the charge blade

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2015, 01:20:19 PM »

I never had a cash shortage in low rank but holy shit. Once you reach high rank there is so much stuff you need to purchase you run out almost immediately. I am looking up money-making strategies online as we speak.
You can sell some of that iron and/or machalite ore that you've been stacking since ages and which is mostly useless at that point. Same goes for common monster parts.

I too reached high rank a few days ago. I know I already wrote I'm digging the sort-of campaign, but yeah, I'm digging it. Small change, but makes offline seem like an actual game instead of a lengthy tutorial. Village/caravan quests also seems to be much more forgiving this time around, as I'm yet to lose a quest, and that's cool too. I remember getting frustrated at times in earlier MHs. Or maybe I just know how to play now, who knows?

As for highlight videos, I think the chargeblade has to be one of the most impressive to watch, theres so much skill and knowledge to that weapon its really elegant and entertaining to see.

- For reference, you can guard with the chargeblade by using attacks that put the shield infront of you in the animation. These are mainly the ones when morphing too and from the axe.

When I first saw the chargeblade, I thought this is one of those gimmicky weapons so that the Japanese players can show off.  But dayuumn!  Shocked

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:31 PM »

Charging your shield is A Good Thing™ because it changes your relationship with the monsters into can opener and canned beef. I had a laugh doing it to Rathian and she tried to get out of there quick, she didn't even want to know me. You don't really need to do it in low rank since it's pretty easy going (well, maybe until you do the Gore Magala hunt and you piss him off so much he flips his shit) but don't let that stop you.

When I first saw the chargeblade, I thought this is one of those gimmicky weapons so that the Japanese players can show off.
That'd be the tonfa in Frontier G.
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2015, 05:33:35 AM »

Well this is dandy. Fish + Drink gives a fixed Felyne Explorer skill so you can get to the secret area every time. Combine that with certain quests like the Powderstone quest and you can make fat stacks of zenny and collect charms at the same time.

Only downside is you need to make it to high rank online to get the Drink ingredient, as it's unlocked by the same Gathering Hall urgent that advances you to HR4.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2015, 08:15:21 AM »

Only downside?

You mean besides having to run 4 powderstones solo? Thats enough of a turn off!
Silly goose! I'm referring to the 8 Star Caravan quest that has you deliver a single powderstone to the box.

If you grab Felyne Explorer from the cook you will start the quest at the secret area which is right next to the powderstone. Collect the powderstone and return to base. That's it! The secret area contains charms and the quest also has a chance of dropping charms. Sell the ones you don't need, profit.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2015, 08:26:23 AM »

Speaking of charms, anyone know if it still operates off of tables? And if so, are there still the dreaded cursed tables? I'm kinda reluctant to look it up and find out I'm cursed Epileptic

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »

Speaking of charms, anyone know if it still operates off of tables? And if so, are there still the dreaded cursed tables? I'm kinda reluctant to look it up and find out I'm cursed Epileptic

Google says the charm table works the same way it did in MH3. Dunno if that means Tri or 3U but there you go.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2015, 01:31:32 AM »

March DLC is now available. Includes 14 new quests, 11 new weapons and much more: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2015/03/05/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-free-dlc-line-up-for-march

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2015, 03:53:22 AM »

Love that they give out the DLC for free.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2015, 08:13:49 AM »

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »

I want to start playing these games but I probably will never buy a 3DS. Wish they still made console ones.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic