Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 08:51:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRed Goddess Development
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Red Goddess Development  (Read 12801 times)
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »

It needs a little bit more pre-build animation rule... like, the character stretch its arms back slowly (easing out) then punches, gets weighted down forward (easing out again) and return to its normal position with a slight reconfiguration (easing back-out)
Right now its too stiff
yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 02:50:33 AM »

It needs a little bit more pre-build animation rule... like, the character stretch its arms back slowly (easing out) then punches, gets weighted down forward (easing out again) and return to its normal position with a slight reconfiguration (easing back-out)
Right now its too stiff

Thanks for your comments, you're right, we're looking to improve it,we'll update you! Cheers,

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2015, 02:03:10 AM »

W o W , we just received the Playstation Dev Kit, now to port and cross the fingers!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:49:19 AM by yanimstudio » Logged

BeaKManiak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2015, 08:26:33 AM »

Good luck with the dev kit! Can't wait to see the results Smiley

Migni: The Last Flame - DevLog | IndieDB | Minduck Studios
yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 02:29:34 AM »

Good luck with the dev kit! Can't wait to see the results Smiley
Thanks so much! we'll update you soon.

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:51 AM »

Hello, we're improving the UI (User Interface) of Red Goddess please take a look, what do you think about??

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:09:42 AM by yanimstudio » Logged

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »

looks really nice, is it preprendered? the whole project looks really professional and the visuals are impressive. I just watched the video with the evil mask, it was not obvious to me why things were happening. maybe add some information to the youtube post? the battle looked a little confusing, I had the impression that some of the players hits missed the opponents.

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 03:02:48 AM »

Hi! #screenshotsaturday so here's is a work in progress, exit of the crystal cave. Thanks for your support!

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

looks really nice, is it preprendered? the whole project looks really professional and the visuals are impressive. I just watched the video with the evil mask, it was not obvious to me why things were happening. maybe add some information to the youtube post? the battle looked a little confusing, I had the impression that some of the players hits missed the opponents.

Hello, thanks for your comment, the screenshot about UI is done with photoshop. About the evil mask video: you can see the character of Rage (there is 3 personas that you can play: Divine, Fear and Rage), this video is showing the alarm system gameplay. In the world, when you pass the madness ray, the alarm is activated and the mask (that represents your other half) it turns against you and attacks you, firstly slowly and gradually increasing speed, therefore you must fight enemies and also prevent the mask reaches you because you would die.

Please let us know if have any questions about, thanks for your support!

Some schreenshots about the alarm system gameplay:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:50:48 AM by yanimstudio » Logged

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »

We've received our #Playstation4 devkit. Now port to #PS4 and cross the fingers. #screenshotsaturday  #indiedev

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »

whoa that thing is hardcore

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »

I'm going to talk about the enemies in Red goddess. The gamer could find several types of enemies, firstly we are going to  differentiate between the enemies in red and blue colors, the color determines who should combat them. Red enemies can be easily defeated by Rage, while blue enemies by Fear. Now we're working on, in the last video was not implemented yet. (Evil Mask gameplay:

)

Among the types of enemies there is some different characters, so we can see: armored follower, follower and wolf, wolf armored, spider, eyes, minotaurus and Golem. Each with different fighting skills.

Pls take a look this screenshots to illustrate:

+Follower: he does strong slap

+Armored follower: hits with his spear

+Wolf: With the strong teeth does a mortal bite

+Wolf armored: Fight is charging at the opponent like a bull and gives the opponent with skewers of head

+Spider: this deadly enemy can bites and leaves a trail on the ground that damages

+Eyes: is a flying enemy and does shoot fireballs

+Minotaur:
has a spear and great strength to combat

+Golem
: hits his fist and kicked on the ground very strongly

More updates soon...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:52:16 AM by yanimstudio » Logged

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »

We have improved the animations for Rage. We have tryed to do the animations in a Darkstalkers style. The Idle and run animations are now more like a beast (like Darkstalkers wolf), the hands are now more in attack position. We have also improved the melee attacks. The combo attacks has changed, now it's small/small/medium damage, so the 3rd punch is bigger.

Please take a look to this gif.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:07:33 AM by yanimstudio » Logged

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »

Hello everyone!

We’re developing Red Goddess with Unreal Engine 4, in this Engine the editor viewports have some visualization modes which we can see  the type of data being processed in the scene and we can diagnose any errors. In the screenshot bellow we can appreciate one example of some of this visualization modes:

Unlit view mode: removes lighting, showing you Base Color only. Diffuse only.
Lit view mode shows the final result  (Materials and lighting have been applied).
Shader Complexity Mode: we can test overall performance for your base scene, as well as to optimize particle effects, this mode is used to visualize the number of shader instructions being used to calculate each pixel of your scene. The view mode uses a color spectrum to indicate how expensive the scene is, more expensive means more slower is the game. Green through pink/white represent a linear relationship of ideal to  very expensive pixels, if the majority of your screen is covered in bright red or white, the performance will be worst. 
Lightmap Density mode displays the lightmap density of statics objects, it shows the quality of the shadows in relation to the camara’s distance, the pre-calculates shadows should be on blue color (it is smaller) through red (texture is too much big).
Reflections view mode overrides all materials with a flat normal and a roughness of 0, which is a mirror. This is useful for diagnosing the detail of reflections and allowing you to place more Reflection Capture Actors in areas where you need more detail.
Player collision: it shows where the player could do the collision.

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 02:58:37 AM »

Hello!

We just finished the IE, it's a collection of information on screen during general gameplay. this screenshot shows the player's status;

+The Mini-Map in the left, will display the Player Character's position and the objective.

+On right side, the Player Character's HUD displays their: capabilities, experience level, and also game progression:  life, mana, level...

We're going to introduce "exit" and some lines to point and is ready. What do you think about?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:34:05 PM by yanimstudio » Logged

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2015, 12:02:33 PM »

We're developing Red Goddess, we've been release a new trailer, please check it out.

Hello!

We're delighted to share with you the new trailer for our upcoming 2.5D platformer adventure Red Goddess, showing off a revised edition of the gameplay. In particular, you get to see the gravity jump ability as well as updated, the "Evil Mask" gameplay and User Interface, with world map, player stats and quest. Divine (the main character) in action, with new environments and characters, baddies to beat and NPCs to greet across the vibrant, unique landscape:

Please take a look:

Please give us some feedback about this if you can, thanks for your support!

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:12 AM »

Today we're working on the components of the Rage character, We're going to improve the character functionalities like: shadows, colors, mesh, ...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:32:13 PM by yanimstudio » Logged

schoenepauck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:09 AM »

It's looking very promising, and I am _totally_ digging your art style. Love the punch with the big fist (I'm a fan of Darkstalkers' style, too!). I'm following this, keep it up!

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2015, 12:17:34 PM »

It's looking very promising, and I am _totally_ digging your art style. Love the punch with the big fist (I'm a fan of Darkstalkers' style, too!). I'm following this, keep it up!

Thank you so much for your comment, we love Darkstalkers as well, it's great. Actually we're working on improve the gameplay and optimizate the game... we'll update you soon, We're so glad with your feedback

yanimstudio
Level 1

Red Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:20 AM »

We are in alpha state, meaning we have the core mechanics and systems, all over level designs, general enemy sets, sound effects in place for tweaking, testing, and breaking.
We're working to continue to refine systems, polishing and improving scripting, with source code and Unreal blueprints editor. We've finished 3d art, but now is the step to improve lighting..

Some #screenshots of the programmers:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic