Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:39:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIONEERS (Build 7)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: PIONEERS (Build 7)  (Read 150078 times)
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 19, 2013, 02:56:02 PM »

I played minecraft too much, so as long as it's a vanilla item or block, I can recognize it.
Only texture I didn't recognize was the back of the item frame.

So yeah, recognition does build up over time.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »

I agree that player's will build up an association over time. I think you've done a great job such limited amount of space and only 4 colors. It is kind of like how the Pokemon designers make sure each Pokemon has a unique silhouette. Smiley

solkar
Level 0

One chili to bind them into hotness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:34 PM »

The icon looks more like a tipi, but you have this cool tent drawing.
Why don't you change the tent icon look more like this pic?
koiwai
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

I watched a video of your game a few monthes ago, but did not play myself.
Great that you have an Arch linux build! Gomez I think, I have to try )

Uykered
« Reply #424 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:48 PM »

Nice enhancements koiwai, thanks!
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: January 22, 2013, 10:50:36 PM »

Holy hell, these are great! Do you mind if I use some of these?

You changed some of the items I didn't think need changing. Like the binoculars and the log of wood. They definitely look better than mine but I don't think they've improved in readability.

Excellent work, my friend! Coffee

koiwai
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »

Sure, if you like some pieces, feel free to use them in any way you want! Coffee

Regarding the binoculars, I thought that they just did not exist at that period.. Roll Eyes Anyway, drawing those things was kinda fun Wink   

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:19 AM »

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2013, 01:08:14 PM »

The first binocular telescope, consisting of two telescopes placed side by side, was. constructed in 1608 by Johann Lipperhey, the inventor of the ordinary Dutch telescope.

While not quite accurate historically, it's close enough for me. I'm not going for true historic authenticity in the game anyway, just some vague timeframe. If really neccessary I can bump up the game year to 1600. No GPS devices for sure.

I'll add that in the first DLC. Hand Money Left

Oh, and something's cooking:

Cheesy

koiwai
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 23, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

The first binocular telescope, consisting of two telescopes placed side by side, was. constructed in 1608 by Johann Lipperhey, the inventor of the ordinary Dutch telescope.

While not quite accurate historically, it's close enough for me. I'm not going for true historic authenticity in the game anyway, just some vague timeframe. If really neccessary I can bump up the game year to 1600. No GPS devices for sure.

Yeah, fair enough. Honestly, I feel sorry that my random thought bothered you. Good stuff on the screenshot, btw.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2013, 09:35:21 PM »

BLOOD! Evil
Ashkin
« Reply #431 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »

I was thinking 'well, this took a sinister turn...' and then I looked at the filename. :/
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »

I'm working on implementing elevated terrain, and Eigen created a debug mode to visualize the height data. Nothing sinister going on here...  Grin

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:17 AM »

It's really funny seeing you currently working on your camp interface; that's exactly what we are also looking at right now :-)
There are really so many similarities to our projects.
That being said, the camp screen looks really good - do you plan to have an animated campfire at nights?

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »

It's really funny seeing you currently working on your camp interface; that's exactly what we are also looking at right now :-)
There are really so many similarities to our projects.
That being said, the camp screen looks really good - do you plan to have an animated campfire at nights?

Thanks! There is no day/night cycle in the game, so no. It would be pretty sweet though. Yeah, our games are similar but I feel we take very different approaches to the whole world discovering idea. Terra Incognita seems to have more of the grand adventure feel than Pioneers. Honestly, I can't wait to play it. And as long as we don't release our games the same week all should be good Smiley

BLOOD! Evil
I was thinking 'well, this took a sinister turn...' and then I looked at the filename. :/

Hah, it didn't occur to me it could be interpreted like that at first glance Grin

That would be pretty sick indeed, land drenched in blood. Luckily I don't even have red color available.

Yeah, fair enough. Honestly, I feel sorry that my random thought bothered you. Good stuff on the screenshot, btw.

No-no, it didn't bother me. You made a valid point.

So yeah, the terrain is right about to have some height to it. Should make exploring the land a bit more interesting as you need to find a way to higher ground. Plus when you reach it you'll be able to see pretty far.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: January 28, 2013, 12:23:41 AM »

Thanks, Manboobs.

I'm having two weeks off work starting next week so I can work on Pioneers a whole lot hopefully resulting in a new build by the end of it. Stay tuned for that.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »

Thanks, Manboobs.
Bet you'd never thought you'd ever have to say that.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: January 28, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »

Thanks, Manboobs.
Bet you'd never thought you'd ever have to say that.

Nothing to see here.

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: January 28, 2013, 04:36:46 AM »

I'm having two weeks off work starting next week so I can work on Pioneers a whole lot hopefully resulting in a new build by the end of it. Stay tuned for that.

Can`t wait! will you be livestreaming that time as well?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: January 29, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »

Checked in the changes for my first feature! Map generation now includes elevation, which introduces all sorts of interesting predicaments for your brave adventurers.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic