Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:00:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat do you use to record your game footage for trailers etc?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What do you use to record your game footage for trailers etc?  (Read 5078 times)
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 12:34:34 AM »

good to hear that you like it.
it just works indeed Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Strigop Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

Can any of these zoom on a specific section of the screen while recording? We are working on making a trailer for our first game and need to be crazy zoomed in on one part of the game for dramatic effect  Tongue
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:45 AM »

I agree with everyone that said Fraps, it very easy to use and allows really nice quality for both video and image.

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »

Can any of these zoom on a specific section of the screen while recording? We are working on making a trailer for our first game and need to be crazy zoomed in on one part of the game for dramatic effect  Tongue

Most recording programs aren't going to allow that much control. Your best bet for an effect like that would be in post-processing. (add the effect in a video editing program after the video has been captured)
Jamie W
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 08:30:23 AM »

Just a quick tip, for anyone who wants to record video/audio on iOS, if you have a newer device (iPad2 or better; iPhone 4S or better), there is a great piece of hardware to do this. It's called Game capture HD: http://www.gamecapture.com

Works a treat!

Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 04:03:53 AM »

I've been using Screenflow on Mac for recording all of our game stuff, and its been generally fantastic.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12:04 AM »

+1 Screenflow
ludist
Level 0

PEW PEW PEW!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »

I guess I'm in the minority here with Fraps, but I've had pretty consistently bad experiences with it on every PC I've used. I plunked down the cash for Fraps and I regret it pretty frequently. I have a speedy PC (i7), but I discover awesome (read: absolutely horrible) quirks that Fraps has pretty much every single time I use it. Recording videos that end up corrupted, crashing without error messages during the middle of a video, causing huge problems with Flash games, etc.  I don't know if I've ever paid for a piece of software with more technical issues.  Since I use Fraps to record alpha and beta user-testing, those kind of errors end up costing lots in time and wasted effort.

Strigop Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »

Most recording programs aren't going to allow that much control. Your best bet for an effect like that would be in post-processing. (add the effect in a video editing program after the video has been captured)

Oh ok cool. Thanks for the advice  Smiley
Chris Polus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

+1 ScreenFlow

I really grew fond of ScreenFlow by Telestream on the Mac. It's a great software for all the basic recording and editing needs. You can also add callouts, highlight the cursor or single windows - all AFTER the fact. Great for recording games or tutorials.

Cheers,
Chris

http://stillalive.games
Drone Swarm, Rescue HQ, Bus Simulator, Son of Nor
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic