Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 12:06:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOne-button racing game - Wavespark!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: One-button racing game - Wavespark!  (Read 7412 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »

I feel like I want to play timed sessions of this game.  Like, see how far I can get in X amount of seconds, and see how many points I can get in X amount of seconds.  The seemingly infinite playtime kinda bores me after awhile and I feel like if it were segmented out into play sessions I would be a lot more addicted to it than I already am.
TheDustin
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »

I think timed sessions would be a fine addition as well; I thought the distance one was similar till I hit the checkpoint and was given further distance. If you have a finite constraint it'd be even more addicting.  Smiley
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »

2 minute Timed Sessions would be great for the iPhone version.

@doomlaser, mark johns
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »

Time Attack is in fact a two-minute, no-checkpoint game. Were you wanting two-minute versions of the other modes as well?

And given how thoroughly this game has taken off already I am very seriously looking into an iPhone port at this point, so I thank you all for the encouragement.  Beer!

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

Time Attack is in fact a two-minute, no-checkpoint game. Were you wanting two-minute versions of the other modes as well?

And given how thoroughly this game has taken off already I am very seriously looking into an iPhone port at this point, so I thank you all for the encouragement.  Beer!

Oh, okay.  Time Attack didn't seem like it was describing that.  I thought it was something like.... fastest time... to do something...

I definitely want a time limit though on distance and bonuses separate though.  Like a mode that is 2 minutes to go as far as I can, and a mode that's 2 minutes to get as many points as I can.
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »

Just got 88735 in bonus mode. After struggling to break past 50k, I discovered the secret miracle of the pancake bonus.

brilliant game.

Well, hello there!
ortoslon
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 01:06:23 AM »

i think pancake bonus is too large and should be smaller than a sweet bonus (maybe 100?)
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »

Noted for if I revisit this game at some point. Keep in mind the sweet chain bonus keeps increasing, though, if you can keep the chain going.

ortoslon
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 02:38:30 AM »

yes but pancake boni are very easy to get

28K in Time Attack

NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2010, 03:16:32 AM »

Wow, I'm thoroughly impressed. You've soundly trounced my high score there, to say the least.   Gentleman

r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 05:24:58 AM »

this is awesome. the particles and sfx really work together to make it feel fast and carefree  Kiss

i think the height indicator needs to be clearer though, it's hard to get a feel for how fast i'm falling from a great height and the pulsing circles throw me off
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »

For those of you having issues with loading, I've uploaded a version with no sound. Let me know if this helps?

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »

Wonderful game!
iPhone version, please Smiley

Played some more, your game makes me smile.
Seems like I got more pancake bonus than air-time bonus, though maybe this is intentional strategy: crash to score more points but slow down.. ohwait. If I was getting lots of "Sweet" chains, they would be worth more

Any chance of widening the visible area, so we can predict more?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:31:22 PM by X3N » Logged

destiny is truth pre-op
ortoslon
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 05:19:31 AM »

silent version loads just as slow but runs smoother.

+1 to widescreen version
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »

Instead of widescreen or in addition, you could show a graph of the upcoming terrain. Anything to give more information to the player Smiley

destiny is truth pre-op
Zaphos
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »

silent version loads just as slow but runs smoother.
Hmm, are the sound files still in the 'data' folder?  Even if you're not loading them, I think processing will still stick everything in the data folder in the jar file it generates, so that could be a reason it would load just as slow.  Just a guess!

edit: yeah, I checked and you have ~10.5 megs of sound files in game04_wavespark_nosound.jar under the data folder.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:57:45 PM by Zaphos » Logged
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »

Huh. It left the files in the jar after I'd deleted them from the data folder. Fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Also, this game has gotten rather popular, apparently. Making me a little nervous to be honest.  Crazy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic