Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 12:20:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsVersus (Moderator: Melly)Masjin [1.9b]
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [1.9b]  (Read 118472 times)
Filth
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »

Could the lobby have some kind of join/leave and room creation sounds?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

...Looks like I'll add another ways of digging today. Tongue

Filth: sure, I haven't really put thought to the main menu or the lobby yet. I should add sound effects to the game otherwise, too!

Filth
« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2011, 10:17:42 AM »

By the way, going to a turret and leaving it while holding a bomb makes the bomb invisible.

EDIT: Oh, this might related to the older copter+bomb thing.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:23:21 AM by Filth » Logged
rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2011, 11:16:35 AM »

Perhaps the "UFO" could just be an air based digging machine... allowing it to destroy created blocks from the safety of the air and open pit traps in the land for unsuspecting soldiers.

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
Filth
« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:27 AM »

What if it could shoot only downwards, but the bullets would destroy blocks?

I just spent around five minutes wondering how that should be written properly :/

Yayy V152
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:02:05 PM by Filth » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »

Yeah, the tractor beam/downwards laser was something I also considered. But hey, it sounds like you guys wouldn't mind if there was another flying vehicle, am I right? Since if that's so, I'll absolutely add it. Smiley

Updated to version 1.52. This version adds digging for cybermasons - just shoot and hold the button while against dirt. Also you get cloaking devices - hold one and stand still.

As for the dead reckoning, I had to partially give up on it because it's all so darn frustrating... Cry For some utterly infuriating reason the platform engine doesn't work quite the same for all players, which in the long run leads to things like a player making a jump and others seeing him not make it while he sees everything ok. Of course these kinds of situations fix itself when the player presses a button next time, but it looks awfully horrible and I'd rather not use it. I'll still try to look into this, but for now I think I'll be content with a heavier version. Sorry guys. Sad

Next on the list to add is:
  • Research!
  • Proper submenus for stuff like item creation
  • A proper goal for the game ('oddball')
  • Rest of the vehicles and items
  • eternal finetuning and polishing

VERSION 1.52 GET!

Paul McCrawfish
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »

The Great Wall. Stretches from Earth to sky with all the diggers on the right side.

Useful for reenacting scenes from The Last Airbender with aid of drill.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

Cloaking device in action!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:25:21 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

rszrama
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »

The cloaking device is HOT. If dead reckoning is a fail, does that mean my character speed is still related to my FPS, or was that a separate issue?

I game as Scarvye. I blog roguelikes / indie games as a Rogue Wombat
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »

Wait, is that a transport helicopter now? Maybe space out the names vertically somehow.

The dead reckoning failing means more lag. The character speed being related to fps is probably what broke it.
Filth
« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

This game has the best bugs. Ever.
caribou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »

They were three in that copter, and most of them were scientist...

That was a fun game. Durr...?

ink.inc
« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »

My name is Legion, for we are many.

Using this exploit, my kd ratio ended up 45 to 16.

Hempuli, don't change this.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

Wait, is that a transport helicopter now? Maybe space out the names vertically somehow.

The dead reckoning failing means more lag. The character speed being related to fps is probably what broke it.

That may very well be it. The non-FPS-basedness is something I can work out myself, just haven't done it yet. I'll test it now! Smiley And yeah, the player nicknames are a horrible blur while in the chopper; I'll try to fix this.

We just had a great round with Sandoval, ,, Caramoun, Dhegg, Guy and Bood_War. The red team totally decimated the whole game because they had two scientists and one fighters in the same copter. Sorry Sandoval, I think I'll have to nerf the choppers anyway. :/ Maybe only passengers could shoot?

Before going to sleep I'll fix some of the most glaring bugs. There was still a lot of "can't see the team of other players", but I think I know how to make that better.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:18:24 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

ink.inc
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »

Oh yeah, someone tried to impersonate me in this game. Fucker logged in using the 'sandoval' id, but I was already in-game. Whoever that was... I'M WATCHING YOU.
caribou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »

Don't panic Sandoval, we saw him in a game spending the whole time in a copter with the rest of its team. What's funny is that he was pretty good actually.  Ninja

ink.inc
« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »

That was me.

I was the copter dude.

>:|
caribou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »

That was a joke, but it failed.

ink.inc
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

Yeah, it's best not to make jokes with me because I have no sense of humor and I take things way too seriously, as evidenced by my avatar and the sentence below it.  Durr...?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »

Non-cybermasons should dig slower when using the digger. Maybe make them incapable of mining minerals.

You should (at a later point in the game development - eg: after reseach) make a layer of stone below the dirt that reqires better diggers and is slower to mine, but has better minerals. Maybe you could have the "magical object" in this layer (or probably even deeper) so people have to research better diggers before they can get it.

Ninja edit: I saw that impersonator guy once. I spawn camped him like crazy to teach him a lesson.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic