Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:01:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsSummer Euro Tig Gathering
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Summer Euro Tig Gathering  (Read 24523 times)
KareemK
Level 0

'sup mang

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2009, 06:10:19 AM »

There have been talks on IRC about such a thing.
Belgium was suggested cos Brandon said he might be able to make it there.
So far this is mostly a non-productive vacation thingie Beer! . If someone can host a jam-like thing it'd be awesome.
DICSUCCS Well, hello there!

Time: jul31st-aug3rd
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 09:42:45 AM by KareemK » Logged
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »

it will depends by a lot of factors but i'll try to be there  Well, hello there!

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
smn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:28 AM »

Gurrrrrmonny! I say Guuuurrrmonny!

Yeah, renting a big place for a day or 2 and jamming the heck out of Europe would be great Hand Thumbs Up LeftMock AngerHand Thumbs Up Right
Ina Vegt
Level 1

Girl Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 06:18:57 AM »

How about a nice non-central place like Gelderland (Assuming I'll be able to come)?
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:09:01 AM »

I'm up for a Euro Tig Gathering at most places, as long as it's a big city. Flights to most big cities are cheap. Of course, I'd love it if it happened in Berlin since I live close to Berlin, but Stockholm or Barcelona or Paris or whatever is also totally cool with me.

I'd say the important first step is finding a place, after that, the timeframe can be discussed. I know that some people will be up for a gathering in europe this summer, brandon and corpus for example, and kareem really wants to fly up here too, so it's something that's actually gonna happen, not just a castle in the air.
And yeah, the bigger, the better, right? So let's get many people together, invade a street and party there or something.

KareemK
Level 0

'sup mang

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 08:22:05 AM »

yea timeframe should be early july and up for me. as i'm not sure yet when i'll finish the finals. early july is perfect though. but yea, place is a priority (for visa GET)
Corpus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »

I'll be in America from Jul 6 to Jul 28, and then I'll have to be back in England for the 13th of August to get my exam results, and also probably between August 26 and 30 for Leeds Festival.

I think I may also be in Italy for the first couple of weeks of August, and it'd be really easy for me to get elsewhere in Europe from there.

So, those are my Things. It looks like sometime in the first fortnight of August would be ideal for me. What sort of times are you all available?

Also, I'd like to visit Berlin or Paris, so those places would be good Smiley Belgium would be cool too, though.
Ina Vegt
Level 1

Girl Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:18:19 AM »

I'll be going on vacation to the USA in mid Juli, and will return late August.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

If it happens somewhere around the Netherlands/Belgium/Germany region I'd be all for it and would try to be there.
Luilak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »

Belgium has beer in large quantities.

'nuff said?
Ina Vegt
Level 1

Girl Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »

Belgium has beer in large quantities.

'nuff said?

Belgium has Belgians in large quantities, that might be a problem :p
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »

Wish I had money to come.
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »

tigjam uk should be in november again i hope?

then i will go

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 02:54:12 AM »

If this happens at a time that doesn't clash with work and other holidays too much (I'll probably be in Canada some time during July), I'd most likely be up for it. Any excuse to see more of mainland Europe!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:04:22 AM by Synnah » Logged

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
increpare
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 03:57:09 AM »

I'd be up for it.  If we're looking for a cheap premises, we might consider going further east.  (Though maybe in berlin we might be able to use some arts centre?)
Ina Vegt
Level 1

Girl Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 04:31:30 AM »

I'd be up for it.  If we're looking for a cheap premises, we might consider going further east.  (Though maybe in berlin we might be able to use some arts centre?)

The problem with going East is that my vacation money is already spoken for, if it's much farther away from Gelderland than Denmark or Belgium, I might not be able to come.
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 07:15:14 AM »

Berlin's not too far away, is it? There's always Czech, too, which is relatively inexpensive. But I'm also cool with Belgium or Denmark.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Morre
Level 1

Apocaquatic syntomy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »

Denmark is close to Sweden, so that'd work. I'd totally vote for Stockholm (or Gothemburg if you prefer that) though, because I want to go but I don't think I'll want to be travelling much this summer. :>

Also, I vote "after July", because then I might be able to make it. Unless I'm to broke after this Australia semester.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:33:48 AM by Morre » Logged

The Idea Book  --  www.x2d.org  --  I am Dragonene on IRC.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 08:11:36 AM »

Belgium was suggested cos Brandon said he might be able to make it there.
Word, I should be in Europe over the summer.  But we could travel practically anywhere.  It's just that Belgium is 20 minutes away from me wife's hometown.  (Then again, we'll probably be in Paris anyway.)

I'll be in America from Jul 6 to Jul 28 ...
What!

Corpus
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:53 AM »

Yeah, I'm going for a few weeks with a couple of friends. Staying at the house of the cousins of one of said friends. I think it's about 40 minutes outside of Boston.

Might be going to New York for the last week of it, actually.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to meet up in America, let me know!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic