Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 02:11:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralyour most nostalgic game...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: your most nostalgic game...  (Read 32548 times)
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2009, 06:00:26 AM »

My most nostalgic games:

Descent:

The Even More Incredible Machine:

Pokemon Red/Blue:

(yes, the glitches are part of the nostalgia)

Adam94
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2009, 07:56:13 AM »

Two of the first games I played a lot:
Super Mario Land
Sonic the Hedgehog

Awesome games I spent many hours on.
Pokemon Blue/Gold/Stadium
Zelda: OoT
House of the Dead 4

I'm playing pokemon blue again and I bought gold on ebay last night :D hopefully its not fake... I really like the pokemon rpgs Smiley I got so hooked each time I played them. I'd take me gb everywhere - in the living room, at my grandmas house, on the toilet, in the car. Blue was awesome, but I'll never forget the feeling I got when playing gold or watching the anime set in johto - NEW AWESOME POKEMON :D Unfortunately when I borrowed gold from my friend I played it on a chunky old original GB... I didn't get to enjoy the colour Sad

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

You might want to look up a guide for changing the battery in the Gold cartridge. They're all starting to die around now and they won't hold saves or keep the time. Some really good sellers on eBay and Amazon have started doing this, but most haven't. It's pretty easy to do if you have only a little experience with a soldering iron. Just thought I'd warn you. Gentleman

Adam94
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2009, 01:46:28 PM »

You might want to look up a guide for changing the battery in the Gold cartridge. They're all starting to die around now and they won't hold saves or keep the time. Some really good sellers on eBay and Amazon have started doing this, but most haven't. It's pretty easy to do if you have only a little experience with a soldering iron. Just thought I'd warn you. Gentleman

Thanks for saving my nostalgicness :D . Did a bit of research and I've decided I'm gonna order a battery and some electrical tape too [i've heard its better than soldering cos you  might wanna change the battery again] 
Jrsquee
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »

Brandorf
Level 0

I feel like I could take over the world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2009, 09:39:23 AM »

Ah, Descent! I remember ye fondly.  Back in the days where the guy with the joystick was king.

Riven was fantastic too, on that note, I keep meaning to go finish Revalations...
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2009, 09:46:11 AM »

Ah, Descent! I remember ye fondly.  Back in the days where the guy with the joystick was king.
Yes, the joystick itself is a pretty nostalgic memory.  I still have one, but it only works on my Windows 98 (this is the only computer that I can still play those nostalgic joystick classics, such as Descent, TIE Fighter, and Rebel Assualt.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »

I needed a joystick to play X2 and X3, so I went to a thrift shop and bought a USB Microsoft Sidewinder for 3 bucks, It now lives behind my monitor lying in wait.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »

i think i totally need a new joystick, i miss my times with Terminal Velocity

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Brandorf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2009, 11:01:17 AM »

I needed a joystick to play X2 and X3, so I went to a thrift shop and bought a USB Microsoft Sidewinder for 3 bucks, It now lives behind my monitor lying in wait.

Sidewinder 3d pro was my stick of choice.  I have a few hanging around still, but my computer no longer has a game port.

For bringing old games to slightly more modern control schemes, I've been able to use an XBox 360 controller to play Descent, though it wasn't as satisfying.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »

Good ol' Riven...  Cool

ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2009, 11:17:26 AM »

I've been able to use an XBox 360 controller to play Descent, though it wasn't as satisfying.
I would think so.  And it really sucks if you only have a keyboard to play it.

moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »

It doesn't suck that bad. I used a number pad to play it with a reasonable degree of success.

I played everything with the keyboard in the Descent days, though, so I suppose I was used to it.

|
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2009, 02:32:12 AM »

I've been able to use an XBox 360 controller to play Descent, though it wasn't as satisfying.

actually playing Descent with keys + mouse makes you aim a lot better than using a joystick, the game was made with that input system in mind as it's not a fly simulator

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2009, 05:43:20 AM »

actually playing Descent with keys + mouse makes you aim a lot better than using a joystick, the game was made with that input system in mind as it's not a fly simulator
Really?  I found the mouse controls to be very slow, and found it impossible to turn with one sweep of the mouse.  Maybe that's just because I was used to using a joystick.

Dr Lecter
Level 0

Tally ho by jove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2009, 06:26:17 AM »

Actually add flashback, that game was legendary. I seem to remember playing the first few levels loads but I don't think I ever got further than the start of the 3rd level. I started playing it again the other day so fingers crossed I'll finish it this time.
Brandorf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »

Using the hat switch on a joystick to strafe was key to survival in multiplayer.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

Using the hat switch on a joystick to strafe was key to survival in multiplayer.
I never played on multilayer, but I would use my left hand on the keyboard to strafe if I need to.  Since <A> was accelerate, I used <S>, <D>, <E>, and <C> to strafe left, right, up, and down.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic