Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411579 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 01:54:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLittle Shit Planet - Rest in Peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Little Shit Planet - Rest in Peace  (Read 17427 times)
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 03:40:01 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but I found the half-pipe to be one of the most annoying things in Flash game history. I must be missing something because I just spent fifteen minutes trying to get past the damned thing and I never actually managed to do so. It certainly looks like it could be a lot of fun, but it's hard to tell right now. If you could make that part a tad less punishing (increase the speed a bit?) I think that more people (or just me, who knows?) would be able to fully enjoy the game.
Seconded
Thirded, even if i've found it nice when i gain velocity i tend to crash on the ceiling

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 05:28:19 AM »

Not Shit enough. Except the halfpipe. That's pretty shit.

Um, honestly, when I read the name I thought some new guy decided to be a wanker and do a flame on some Big Mainstream Titles. And then I saw "Farbs" under author. And I thought to myself "he's not a wanker. He's quite clever!" and lo and behold, it's a game. A clever game, none the less. With a half pipe I can't beat.

SHIT YEAH: Did it. Took ages, even when I figured out exactly what to do. Maybe I'm just shitty.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:37:51 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »

Awesome, awesome idea, Farbs. The game itself was great, too, though it was pretty hard getting to the cockpit, and it wasn't apparent at all that it was what I was supposed to do, in the first place. I agree that the guy should make himself go faster if he's going too slow, and that holding a button shouldn't make him jump when he touches a surface. Overall, this idea has a lot of potential.

Movius
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:46 AM »

Good stuff as always.

Controls unusually well for a one button game, I look forward to more.
Renton
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:20 AM »

SHIT YEAH: Did it. Took ages, even when I figured out exactly what to do. Maybe I'm just shitty.
If you're shitty, I am tenfold shittier. I still don't know what to do.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 11:00:36 AM »

Haha, I love the title.  Cool

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

I cleared the halfpipe pretty fast, and once I reached the cockpit it all got pretty boring. Otherwise, the music kept me happy Tongue

Neo1493
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »

dame that halfpipe also this is shit and fun at the same time way to go. Its so bad its good.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 04:07:49 AM »

It would be great if the jump button didn't keep on jumping when I hold it down.  Sometimes I push and hold the jump button, acting like it makes me jump higher, and then as soon as I touch the ground (still holding jump) I jump again and fuck up completely.  And.... that's your fault.  So fix it!  Gentleman
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 04:29:39 AM »

No, it's flash's fault for reporting key repeats as key presses Tongue

I'll store the key state. This means that if someone loses focus while holding a button down their next jump won't register, but that probably won't happen too often. I'll even ignore the Alt key so this doesn't happen on Alt-tab.

Fixing now...

EDIT: It seems flash ignores Alt already. Righto.
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 04:54:05 AM »

Fixed.

Except now it seems FireFox is using a cached version of the game and completely ignoring my ingenious version control system.
 Cry

EDIT: Hilarity! I use a tiny file to keep each game's version ID, which allows me to cache a new copy of a game only when necessary. Except I forgot to disable caching for the version ID file, so the cached ID file is telling the app to use the cached game. Duh! Fixing...

EDIT EDIT: Caching should be good now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:20:07 AM by Farbs » Logged
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

Much better. :)

Graham Lexie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 03:10:01 PM »

The halfpipe is good the way it is. The music got on my nerves Smiley
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 06:06:35 AM »

But the music is awesome. :(

Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

Once you get going, the half pipe is really fun, but I too have gotten stuck going slow, and ended up having to refresh.  I agree with him giving little speed boosts when he is going slow, but stops when you get going.

Also I'm sorry to say but the name was a bit of an initial tern off.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 11:48:01 PM »

I've added a little kick forwards every time the player jumps, which should help people stuck at the bottom of the pipe. It doesn't scale with speed like the upward jump though, so it should have little effect on how it plays once you get the hang of it.

I'll go in with the next update.
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 01:24:30 PM »

I want the next update and I want it now!  Cry

Eagerly awaiting, me. Hugs and kisses, etc., etc..

Renton
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »

I managed to finish it. AT LAST!
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »

I think I've got from the start to the top in about 8 seconds.  I will post a video once I get a little more consistent, and I figure out how to record it.  Love the game  Gentleman

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2008, 04:32:51 PM »

I, personally, love the title.

i say keep it.  Cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic