Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411679 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 10:34:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignBinding of Isaac Controls
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Binding of Isaac Controls  (Read 8718 times)
AshfordPride
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »

I always feel that with games that use this type of control scheme typically lend themselves to situations where the player always wants to be walking away from their enemy.  If an enemy is weak enough that I feel confident to walk towards it as I'm shooting, then it's kind of irrelevant.  If I have to back peddle from it and shoot, it makes me feel like I'm just trying to endure it.  It never really makes me feel like I'm engaging an enemy, simply putting up with them until they'll go away.  I feel like in these arena shooters, where both yourself and your enemies can move and shoot in all directions everything just sort of feels messy.  I just feel like I'll never find an enemy that will ever attack that will require a high degree of fines at my part.  I feel like the only way twinstick shooters really present a challenge is by overloading you with too many simple enemies for you to handle until you have backed up into a corner.

It just doesn't give me the FUCK YES IM DOING THIS sensation that I get from other shooting games.  Dick's totally flaccid, here.
Falmil
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »

I like rushing at the enemy while shooting so all my shots pile up and hit them at the same time and kill them instantly.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic