Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:24:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTrigger
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Trigger  (Read 4133 times)
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »

Yeah, this is pretty great (particularly the moment when I finally figured out what to do...).  The shooting mechanic's wonderfully counter-intuitive.  Level 3's the best I can manage so far though Embarrassed

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 01:21:40 AM »

I've played a bit more, but I have yet to complete level 9.
Curseman
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 09:07:35 PM »

I just downloaded this and beat it in one sitting.  For the most part, a pretty fun, original game!  I thought the enemies who try to kill you were generally more fun than the ones who try to just run past you, with one exception: Francois, my arch-nemesis. He was just dirty and frustrating.

The stage and enemy design took advantage of the player's weapon in interesting ways.  I just didn't know how to actually attack on my first try.

For new players: Hold down a, and drag your laser over enemies to target them, and release a to fire.  Targetting multiple enemies before firing causes more damage to each target.

Anyway, good job.
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 06:59:09 AM »

I know this may be asking for too much, but is there any chance you could compile this for 10.4?  Well, hello there!

Anyhow, will try it on windows later!

Edit: Played, and I liked it. Very hard, but rewarding. Novel yet understandeable. Will probably say more once I get past the second level Grin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:44:09 PM by Massena » Logged

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

Up to level 18. This boss is waaay too crazy bullet hellish for my meager shmup skills. I can sort of see a strategy involving how he can't hit me with any new shots when we're at the same y-position, but it's still too difficult for me to pull off. Loving the design still.

Edit: Of course, Tim W. has no trouble whatsoever.

(spoilers)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 04:39:38 PM by Noyb » Logged

Curseman
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »

Yeah, that guy was total bullcrap.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic