Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 06:37:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKrotonaut
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Krotonaut  (Read 2951 times)
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2008, 09:48:08 AM »

KROTONAUT
]

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.willhostforfood.com/users/grick/krotonaut.zip (1.36MB)

Description:
This is my very first game made in GML. Hopefully you will enjoy it anyway and you can see it as a late little christmas gift.

Controls:
Arrows - Move naut
Z - Drop bombs
R - Restart level
Esc - Exit game

Music by:
Gammis
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:50:37 AM by grickmin » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:12:21 AM »

Damn this is hard.
Couldn't get past the level that was like, one key in an alcove by the bottom, then three up top and the door up top.

grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 10:17:32 AM »

I guess you mean the last level (level 7)
The only tip I can give you is to find the fastest way and then just practise that way till you succeed.

The game is very short but I can make a level editor if people want me to.

Evil-Ville
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 10:49:12 AM »

The explosions are too random. It made the last level (not counting the "THE END" level) really annoying. Why did you get sent back to an earlier level when you complete the game?
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »

I really liked this, though there are some things that could be worked on.  As others have said, the seventh level is very hard, though I suppose this is appropriate for the last level.  I just don't see any way of beating it.

I think you should probably implement variable jumping, as there was one instance (in the sixth level) where I wanted to only jump so high.

I noticed a few bugs.  First of all, I think you die when you jump above the top of the screen.  Also, when you move past the door, the music stops, and you move very slowly.  Finally, on some levels, I noticed that the music wouldn't loop.

Other than that, though, I think this certainly has style (both visually and with respect to the audio), and it has a certain gameplay twist that sets it apart.  Good work,

~ Theta Games

grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

The explosions are too random. It made the last level (not counting the "THE END" level) really annoying. Why did you get sent back to an earlier level when you complete the game?

I guess it´s a bug. You´re supposed to get back to the titlescreen after "The End-level".
Gotta fix that. Glad you told me.

EDIT: I fixed the bugs now and I have also made the last level a bit easier.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:42:44 PM by grickmin » Logged
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 07:03:05 PM »

I only got title, level and then the "The End" level.
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:10:27 AM »

I only got title, level and then the "The End" level.

NOW is everything fixed.  :D
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 05:00:19 AM »

Grick! You're back! Huzzah.

Man, this is one hard game, huh? I beat it, but those last few levels were pretty intense. Dig the aesthetic. Cool falling stars and rainbows. Needed the Rainbows. And a good music choice, as usual!

The explosions DO feel random, but I've got a feeling they're not - it's more dependent on my placement. It is finicky, though.

Also, when you finish the game, a.... well, I'm not sure. I feel that I need some kind of trophy. Like Hunny! :D

Personally, I'd like to see a little more, but you are into short, sharp games. Nice first shot at GM.  Beer!
grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 07:31:06 AM »

No level editor but I doubled the amount of levels in there.

Hope you like it!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »

I really enjoyed the game.  I agree that the explosions are rather unpredictable which makes it hard to play sometimes.  I also thought that the levels that were pure platforming (without the explosions) were generally too easy compared to the explosion based levels(they generally only take me one or two tries rather than the many tries for the more puzzle based explosion levels).

All in all, it was a really fun and (of course) challenging game.  The tension caused by the rising water combined with the planning ahead element of the puzzle-solving made a very intense game experience.

grickmin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 08:30:44 AM »

I agree that the explosions are rather unpredictable which makes it hard to play sometimes.  I also thought that the levels that were pure platforming (without the explosions) were generally too easy compared to the explosion based levels(they generally only take me one or two tries rather than the many tries for the more puzzle based explosion levels).

In fact; the whole game is quite easy when you get the hang of how the explosions works/moves.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic