Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 08:29:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)the way you draw people?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: the way you draw people?  (Read 3581 times)
KittenEater
Level 1

NYEEEAAUUUGH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »

I think I heard this "people draw they way they look" theory before, but sometimes it just wouldn't work, like, how would this apply to an artist who specializes in landscapes?

The weird thing is sometimes it actually does happen and you're like "woah! didn't see that coming!"

EEEEEEEGH
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 08:41:38 PM »

I think I heard this "people draw they way they look" theory before, but sometimes it just wouldn't work, like, how would this apply to an artist who specializes in landscapes?

The weird thing is sometimes it actually does happen and you're like "woah! didn't see that coming!"

Well they don't draw people so this "thing" wouldn't apply to them

ink.inc
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »

Hitler drew landscapes.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »

Hitler drew landscapes.

He also drew coiled up dog doo's in acrylic.

P-Flute
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 08:59:45 PM »

I never thought anything about it until somebody pointed out that I draw people with thick eyebrows and big noses.  Well eff.  Not a rule of thumb for all my characters, just when I'm doodling random people...
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »

Yeah, I pretty much just draw animals...
Seth
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »

I used to exclusively draw fat, ugly, bald, naked men

Who, Me?

I'd post some pictures of them but I lost my flash drive
Kuppo
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

Whenever possible, I avoid drawing whole bodies.  I'm pretty happy about the way I draw faces, but only depressed/tired/pissed off faces.  I don't even draw heads or hair, just the face.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »

I usually draw people short with a big head, big eyes, a big nose and no mouth.

hi
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »

I tend to draw people with longer hair, typically in a fairly similar style to my own.

Ah well.

shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »

No mouth, no nose. Or only when needed.
Also, huge head, sometimes no body.

Lots of hair.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:52 AM »

I draw people like I am learning how to draw...

oh shit, this just got deep. WTF
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

I draw people I want to look at.

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »

I just draw squiggles and gestures.
The people draw themselves.

Being that the human body is usually drawn based on a canon of proportions.
And that the human mind can generate so many shapes and forms that it really just comes down average proportions of the 6-head tall adult or short chibi-muscle baby.

Really everyone draws differently, cartoony, realistic, your question is pretty broad.

But think of this, females tend to draw females.
Or if they draw men they can end up being very feminine boy figures. (though not always)
Some men can only draw women, they don't draw other males. :/

You draw what you know, and if the form you know most is your own than your figures may tend to share the same form unless you break the mold drastically and draw super fat people, or opposite to your build or sex.

Really it's once you break that comfort barrier when you stop drawing things based on personal preference of things to draw.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:12:59 AM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »

I draw people I want to look at.
also, THIS.
antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »

People? I usually draw robots. My robots usually have joints connected by hydrological cords and agile bodies meant for being compact, running fast, jumping, rolling and sliding. They usually have biggish hands but sometimes that is an exception. Their design is as if their whole existence is meant for one purpose that they themselves do no clearly know. I try to make them look as if they are carefully designed and that they function if order.
But I myself am not a sporty kid. Yes, I am 14 but that does not mean that I draw bad characters. I am 177  c'm  high. I am a man of science. It's my feet that are big and not my hands. If my robots are female-type( Huh? ..  Roll Eyes) then they usually have a uniform and I try to give them hair that is black and medium length... in black(I have never drawn a female that has black hair. I sometimes wish I had black raven hair).

So... Is there a connection?    Hand PencilWizardHand Any Key

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »

You are socially robotic and believe your life has a purpose that you don't understand.

hi
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 05:50:04 AM »

I think the psychologist is right in the sense that when you draw somebody you relate to what you know. What you know is partially your own body, partially bodies of other people or animals, objects, etc.
What you take from your own body and from other forms is a matter of what you want to reflect or achieve. If you draw the texture of a tree on the face of a shy girl you could be refering to a lot of things. I guess Frued would point at your subconcience and say: "The shy girl and texture of a tree are refering to parts of your past, something you experienced, accumulated into those forms". I'm not sure if it works like this; it's more then that alone, especially in drawing, it's also your concience making choices on many fields.

I think a good goal for artists is to allways find a way to escape those traps by asking yourself constantly why you drew a girl and why the texture of a tree. Sometimes you discover exciting views into your own past and you'll see threads connected to all parts of your life. This is handy in controlling yourself and what you make.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic