Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411663 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:25:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VI: Aftermath [Game Over: Humans Win!]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VI: Aftermath [Game Over: Humans Win!]  (Read 35746 times)
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:10 AM »

robotacon, true to his word, pulls out a little glass bottle with several drops at the bottom. He goes to chutup's house, drags him back to the town square and uncorks the bottle. He then pours what remains in it on chutup's headshot, and almost instantly chutup is back and walking about.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2008, 07:13:23 AM »

I guess he wasn't really dead: only mostly dead. Welcome back!  Beer!

The only real problem remaining is who the other mafioso is. The two suspects are TeamQuiggan and Gainsworthy, and one of them is the Guardian Angel. If we guess wrong, not only does the guardian angel get killed, but the remaining mafioso gets another shot before being lynched the following day.

So, we have options. We could try the vigilante method, in which chutup kills someone. As mentioned previously, this would either end all this madness today, or result in two more dead villagers before the final mafioso is lynched.

The second option will guarantee one dead villager, but it has no chance of resulting in two. We merely lynch noyb and let the night roll by, having Annabelle scry one of the remaining two. the mafioso would lynch the guardian angel, and we would immediately know who the remaining mafioso is, and lynch him.

I would actually recommend plan "B" myself, unless anybody here has a solid idea as to who the other mafioso is.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2008, 07:24:27 AM »

Hey guys, I'm back! Thanks for the medicine, robotacon.
Anyway, I figured I couldn't go wrong by killing NOYB, so the PM has been sent.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2008, 07:45:24 AM »

Alright, Role reveal time! I am the Guardian Angel! I've saved robotacon every night because I figured that his ability to resurrect people with any ability would be more useful then anyone else one specific ability.

Vote Gainsworthy!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »

chutup, feeling fine and dandy, pulls out a shotgun and takes careful aim at Noyb, who is just staring ahead at his executioner, hands in pockets. With one blast, Noyb collapses to the ground, an eerie smile on his face the whole time.

Noyb was a Mafioso.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »

Voting TeamQuiggan! Annabelle showed on day two that her ability was helping the town more than Robotacon's (No offense Embarrassed). Revealing Werewolves and Mafioso brings us closer to success than bringing back one confirmed human! Besides, Annabelle can also confirm humans, which technically makes her worth the healer and more!

However, there's more to it than that! TeamQuiggan claims he was protecting Robotacon because he knew that Robotacon was being protected! On night one, there were two kills, one by werewolves and one by mafioso. On the second night, there was only one kill, made by werewolves. The mafioso targeted Robotacon because they thought that the seer would be protected instead! However, the real GA (Gainsworthy, I believe) anticipated this and protected Robotacon, negating the mafioso's hard work. So, TeamQuiggan knew that robotacon was being protected. That's why he can confidently make his claim.

Also, there's a huge risk in not protecting the seer. If Annabelle had been killed on night two, we would be in far greater danger today. There's a chance that the GA protected Annabelle to keep her safe, and her work is what got us this far. So, I'm calling bull on TeamQuiggan's argument.

So, rambling monologues aside, TeamQuiggan away!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »

Your logics are strong, Valter. TeamQuiggan is either a mafioso or a really terrible GA. I figure once NOYB was dead, Quiggan realized he was in grave danger and made a final gambit, but screwed up on the detail.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »

It's a fair cop. Gentleman
*urk*

team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2008, 07:04:19 PM »

You fucking serious? Do you not think that I would've said I was protecting Annabelle if that was considered the better play? Shitty GA? Well, it looks like me being a Shitty GA got us this far, If not then we would've probably lost when we lost the combat medic that one night! He managed to resurrect the vigilante. Annabelle has given us what? ONE Target? The Vigilante killed that target. Valter, you have nothing but an insane speculation. You are also basically giving Gainsworthy a free false reveal. You basically say that I did my job well, that means that I'm evil, which is wack.

Please retract until you have more evidence then just speculation, its in the thread.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »

Look, Gainsworthy was instrumental on bandwagoning 2 people to the gallows, he NEVER voted on Conformed Mafioso, I had, on 2 occasions! One time randomly at the start, and the second time after the reveal. Listen, Please retract before Gainsworthy comes in here and pulls the trigger. This is the final Vote of the game, either the humans win or the others do.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »

Ok, here's the primary flaw. If Robotacon had been killed, we would still be in a similar position. Annabelle and I would be confirmed humans, and there would still be a guardian angel and two mafioso. Annabelle would have had Noyb lynched, then we could get the remaining mafioso on day five. Still a guaranteed win, considering that the GA would vote with Annabelle and me, making a majority vote.

However, if Annabelle had been killed early, this would be extremely different. If Annabelle was killed night two, I would not be a confirmed human. The only confirmed human would be robotacon, which would make a village of five people and two mafioso. If there were only one confirmed human, the odds would be tipped drastically in favor of the mafioso. Even if robotacon had revived the vigilante like he did, there would still be a far greater chance of chutup accidentally killing the wrong person.

EDIT: Also, we win either way. If we lynch the guardian angel today, the mafioso would get a kill. That would still leave three people standing: two humans and the last mafioso. Since all the humans would by then be confirmed, they would lynch the remaining mafioso.

I don't think that's going to happen, though. I think you're the last mafioso, and I think these shenanigans are going to end today!
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »

I guess my math was wrong, I thought today was the last day regardless, I should've sat on it till later. I guess my reveal timing was bad. Also you can't hold what didn't happen as a strike against me, because, well, it didn't happen, so your whole tangent about Annebelle being killed is unnecessary, I knew she wasn't going to die on day two, it seemed illogical that she would be targeted, I figured they would try to kill robotacon, I think my gamble payed off, saving him saved us an extra night of thrashing in the dark, where the enemies have power. Remember just because you think its the best most logical course of action doesn't mean others think so too.

I guess I'm just frustrated because I'm getting bandwagoned on broken logic, but I guess it doesn't matter because we win tomorrow regardless.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:19 PM »

Yeah, OK, Quiggan seems pretty convincing to me. Changing my vote to Gainsworthy. The only thing it's really going to change is whether the GA dies or not, but whoever is the GA did a dem fine job this game so I'd like to save him if I can.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »

"Reveal" my eye. I'm keeping on Quiggan - this seems like a ploy to whittle us down further. I'll admit I would have voted for you regardless, on educated speculation, but this makes it much more heartening. Unless there's something stranger going on in this town, I say you're the last mafioso.

Oh, and whilst we're at it, I don't believe there even is a Guardian Angel in this game. Terry was the first person to mention it, in his Reveal post, and everyone else took it as fact. At the very least, I know that it isn't me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:20:52 PM by Gainsworthy » Logged
team_q
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

"Reveal" my eye. I'm keeping on Quiggan - this seems like a ploy to whittle us down further. I'll admit I would have voted for you regardless, on educated speculation, but this makes it much more heartening. Unless there's something stranger going on in this town, I say you're the last mafioso.

Oh, and whilst we're at it, I don't believe there even is a Guardian Angel in this game. Terry was the first person to mention it, in his Reveal post, and everyone else took it as fact. At the very least, I know that it isn't me.

Mathematically there has to be, its the only explanation between the disparity of deaths between days.

Also sorry Annabelle for suggesting that you were being untruthful earlier today, rereading the thread makes it so much more apparent.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:33:33 PM by TeamQuiggan » Logged

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2008, 11:06:02 PM »

So you're the one that has been sneaking around my cabin, I thought it was the wolves. I guess I have you to thank for my life, TeamQuiggan!

I vote for Gainsworthy unless he also explains that he has some special abillity we need for the win.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »

I vote for Gainsworthy unless he also explains that he has some special abillity we need for the win.

Are you saying that unless I come on out and fabricate a role you're going to lynch me?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2008, 01:21:31 AM »

The Child of Prophecy is a simple but extremely powerful special role. If the Child of Prophecy is killed during the game, the human side instantly loses, it being assumed that even if they defeat the werewolves in this particular village, the global war against werekind is in vain without the destined hero to lead humanity to victory. Naturally this is a huge weakness for the humans and is usually balanced out with other specials such as Masons

Gainsworthy was the Child of Prophecy. Oh shit.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2008, 01:22:26 AM »

JUSTTOBECERTAINYOUUNDERSTANDIAMJOKINGLETSLYNCHTHISMOTHER

Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2008, 08:32:12 AM »

You don't HAVE to lie. Are you saying that there is no Guardian Angel?

Are you saying that unless I come on out and fabricate a role you're going to lynch me?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic