Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 11:33:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioRed Rogue soundtrack, looking for comments & crits .(Also, free download!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Red Rogue soundtrack, looking for comments & crits .(Also, free download!)  (Read 1950 times)
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:24:40 AM »

Hi all

So a little while ago I finished work on the soundtrack for Red Rogue. I approached St33d with the idea of remixing one of my earlier EPs specifically for Red Rogue and we're both pretty happy with how it turned out. I'd really dig it if you could have a listen and let me know what you think.

The Music of Red Rogue: http://icefishingep.tk/album/the-music-of-red-rogue-icefishing-i-red-rogue-remix

Play Red Rogue here: http://robotacid.com/flash/red_rogue/
Dev Log here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=8467.0

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:59:14 AM »

Bumping your own thread is uncool but you guys are breaking my heart here!

Overpass
Devlog
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »

This is some pretty cool atmospheric stuff. It's not something I'd really listen to much by itself to be honest but some of the textures sound pretty chilling and tense. Smiley Haven't played the game yet but i can imagine this being some pretty immersive stuff.
I guess I can't compliment it as much as i'd like to because the music i most often make is almost ANTI-immersion music!
But yeah, this is some pretty cool stuff. It'd be interesting to hear about some of the processes you went through? pitch shifting? slowing down? layering? and about how one makes decisions in ambient music.

CharlieT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:15 AM »

Just listened to the whole thing while writing. I really, really liked Chant and Ulcer. Reminds me a lot of Manorexia which I highly recommend if you like music like this.

It also goes really well with the game's graphic style.

In terms of criticism, I did wish for a little more variety in some of the songs, maybe some sub bass tones here and there to mix it up or breaks in the music (this is mainly for Strung)? This has more to do with my own writing style than anything so take it with a grain of salt.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »

I like the Wild West vibe in Chant, they all have some distinctive vibe about them while remaining true to being good "Dungeon Music." Good dungeon music can be hard to find.

Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:04:41 AM »

Thanks for the comments chaps :D

Yep there's a heck of a lot of layering of similar sounds to create rich textures, but then I try to be careful of over-doing it to maintain the dynamic feeling. I try to avoid overly compressing everything for the same reason, there's meant to a large dynamic range so that the quiet moments and the louder, noisier moments have the appropriate impact.

I agree with you there Charlie in regards to sort of breaking up the pieces. Definitely something I'm conscious of. I'll be sure to check out Manorexia!

Overpass
Devlog
medieval
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 04:25:26 AM »

I played the game, it's really scary with the music!

nice one
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic