Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 12:56:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 53366 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

Like, is this game ever gonna have 4 players support? I remember reading something about too many people being ankward on the same keyboard, but there are things like joy to key and Xpadder for those situations. Just saying. Also Quote is awesome, but he's kinda weak isn't he?

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:40 PM »

4 player support isn't tough to add at all really, I just haven't gotten around to adding it. Tongue
I've been too busy working on the characters. (Xoda is almost done by the way)

I felt the same way about Quote, I was waiting to see if anyone else thought he was weak.

his sword range is short and does little damage, his Polar Star is kinda weak, but he does have the most projectile attacks...which isn't much
just making him able to deal more damage should fix him.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »

I haven't tried out Quote yet, but it seems that the dishwasher is really powerful compared to other characters. He is mobile, with fast, powerful attacks and good reach. He even has some decent projectiles. I've had much more success with him than any other character, which is kind of unfortunate since I'm big fans of the other games (and I don't even own an XBox).

Of course, it's possible that he just fits my playstyle (he does), but he still seems really good.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2012, 08:03:27 AM »

I'm not sure about it Soulli, most of the time I just kill him without problem. On the other hand I think Barkley is kinda... err... broken. He just goes around, punching and dunking everyone and then suddenly out of nowhere he wins.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »

It's hard for me to tell who is the strongest, I just start AI vs AI battles (which Quote has won a few even against Barkley and Dishwasher). Quote loses mostly to Iji, no clue why.

Anyway, Barkley is suppose to be a power fighter, but with him being a pro basketball player, I had to make him pretty fast. So he ends up being like classic Sagat ( Big, Strong, and Fast). He can end some matches in less then 10 seconds...

Its a pretty thin line between a character being broken or worthless in a fighting game, it depends on how the player plays.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »

Xoda Rap Vid

The rowdy mute is complete...well almost, I just need to make her charge ball attack.
Most of the time was spent trying to figure out  what her melee attacks should be, I pretty much gave her Noitu Loves melee style in the end.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »

May I request that Quote gets the air tank's bubble surrounding him while underwater?

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »

Curly and Balrog as support characters please!  Beg
(if you ever have a mechanic like that)

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

@ DustyDrake. Oh yeah, the air tank bubble, Haha that's what I was going to add before I recorded the vid, forgot Tongue I will add that effect though.

@ Jack.  I'd add a support character system in an extended version of the game. Balrog landing on people would be pretty awesome.

So... I've got 6 characters done, 6 characters left... next I could knock Runman out of the way, spriting him shouldn't take much.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »

Xoda is Playable in the Demo

I hold no bias towards any of these games, Xoda (the AI) may give some people trouble. This depends on how some people play the game.

How to Play

Ive been meaning to put the tutorial in the game in the 'How To Play' option, but I'll post some quick tips I guess...

I have no idea how difficult this game is or is not so...

Blocking - To block, all you need to do is stand still and not press anything, auto-blocking. The block only works from the front, your back is always open ( just a touch of realism ). If you block too much depending on the characters defense level your block will be broken and you will become dizzy, free hit.

Dodging - To dodge, all you need to do is hold down and tap forward, or you could press the shoulder buttons on the game pad. This move doubles as a dash.

Each character's Dodge is a bit different looking, but they all have the same speed and length. Some characters (Barkley,Xoda, Seikleja) face the opposite direction after they dodge though.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »

I managed to whip up the last two mugshots

I'll clean them up a bit later
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:13:11 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »

Fixed All Glitches

There weren't any really bad glitches left, Just glitches like the wrong mugshot showing up in story mode.

Runman and Kaltos have mugshots

- I have a bad habit of making him look like kirby, runman is more of a star I guess...

Ive been doing light work, but I'll start on the characters again soon.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »

Fixed All Known Glitches

There are always glitches.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »

New stages

I've had the burning desire to design 4 more stages, for the characters who don't have them.

Kaltos- castle christoff

Xoda - petals (which is still playable if you press random in stage select)

Arianna - tower of almost curtain doom

Trilby - Defoe Manor

Will I add 4 player support

I have no problem with buying 2 more gamepads, the thing is my laptop only has 2 USB ports, I could just buy a desktop for 400 or so I guess... desktops have more USB ports right...?

I'm not much of a gamer myself, so I'm not sure of all the hardware that's out there is and such... Can't really be bothered to look either...

Anyway, like I said, I'll add 4 player support, but I can't exactly test it.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

I'm not sure exactly what they're called, but there are devices with multiple USB slots that plug into a single usb slot. They're pretty cheap.

Unfortunately, Game Maker has problems recognizing more than 2 controllers at a time. You might need to use a DLL for it.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »

I'm not sure exactly what they're called, but there are devices with multiple USB slots that plug into a single usb slot. They're pretty cheap.

Hubs. Yeah, they are generally cheap, I think. 4 player support probably would work fine without too much work.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2012, 08:57:11 AM »

Yeah, There are DLL's, Ive been feeling reluctant to add 4  Player support because I don't really know anyone who owns four game pads, or who would bother to get four game pads together and a USB device Tongue

had I made this in XNA I would have bothered. Though I'm not as skilled in that language.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:09:12 AM by Garlicguy » Logged

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »

I own a hub and at least... 9 gamepads. I like party games.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2012, 12:54:46 PM »

Yeah, There are DLL's, Ive been feeling reluctant to add 4  Player support because I don't really know anyone who owns four game pads, or who would bother to get four game pads together and a USB device Tongue
This guy!   Hand Point Right Well, hello there! Hand Point Left

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

alright then...

The Demo Now Has 4 Player Support

Yup, now players 3 and 4 can be human if you have 4 gamepads, I don't think there are any problems, but I'll see for myself at some point.

New stage..WIP in demo

Castle Cristoff from the Spirit Engine 2...there is no castle yet though

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic