Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411618 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 11:57:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingM.A.V. Customizable Mech Combat Trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: M.A.V. Customizable Mech Combat Trailer  (Read 682 times)
Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »

Hey everyone, I just put together my first ever trailer for my game M.A.V. (currently in alpha funding) and was hoping to get some feedback on it. I haven't really done a trailer before, so I would love to hear what you think.

Jisho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »

I know it is an alpha but these are just the things came to mind.

Instantly reminded me of Armored Core.

The GUI is heavily lacking.

Slightly worried about the frame rate issues.

I like that you have an editor.

I noticed there is no radar how is one suppose to find the other enemies in large environments?

Game play wise it looks like it could be really fun.
Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:48:39 AM »

Could you explain your frame rate concern?

And there is a 'radar' in the form of an overhead map, it's just not shown in the video as it is a separate screen you bring up (which also includes stuff like part health UI)

Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:42:07 AM »

Oh is there actually health per part/section, and can sections be destroyed? That was the first thing that stood out to me as missing big time. I'd really recommend bringing both a health status and radar display into the normal in game screen display.

Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »

Oh is there actually health per part/section, and can sections be destroyed? That was the first thing that stood out to me as missing big time. I'd really recommend bringing both a health status and radar display into the normal in game screen display.

Yep each part has it's own health and can be destroyed. If you have parts attached to part when it is destroyed, those parts are lost.

Health on screen at all times doesn't really work, as some of the builds people make can have over 20 parts. That's a LOT of health bars to clutter up the screen! It takes some damage to destroy a part, so taking a second to check your health is typically ok, unless you are in battle and then it doesn't really matter.

toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »

Holy crap - this looks rad. Brings to mind Armored Core, which was already mentioned, and all the fun I had playing the Mechwarrior series.

The animations look a bit stiff, but I bet this could be rectified a bit giving the third person camera a bit of bounce. This is also alpha footage, so totally understandable.

Build-your-own-mech mechanic looks bloody fantastic and very in depth. Will there be decals/paint jobs etc. to give them a bit more pop?

The trailer was edited together nicely. I look forward to seeing more of this!

The world needs more mech games Smiley
Jisho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:55 AM »

Could you explain your frame rate concern?

In some of the cuts I could clearly see a lower FPS. That is slightly concerning seeing as there isn't that much going on with effects and assets really. Course it should all be taken with a grain of salt since this is all an alpha.

I agree though that there should be some kind of health. Even making a transparent silhouette with colored health for general areas would be helpful. (I would also like radar view able at all times, though understandable why it could be a toggled screen.)
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »

Health on screen at all times doesn't really work, as some of the builds people make can have over 20 parts.
I'd recommend doing the standard Mechwarrior 2 style display. Especially if your also able to see enemy damage areas, thats typically a pretty big factor in things.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic