Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 03:09:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTower Storm - Multiplayer Team Tower Defense & Attack
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tower Storm - Multiplayer Team Tower Defense & Attack  (Read 1056 times)
Solace
Level 0

Hacking away on Tower Storm

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:55:02 PM »

Been working on this game for a bit over a year, about time I started a dev log Smiley

It's multiplayer tower defense and attack. Or a simplified more strategic RTS if you want to look at it that way. Taking inspiration from Wintermaul Wars, other Warcraft 3 TD maps and Netstorm.

It's 3 vs 3 team play and we're aiming to have many different races you can please each with their own strengths and weaknesses. So some are support, some offensive, some defensive etc.

You can play here: http://game.towerstorm.com

The current version should be stable and relatively bug free. Our next big goals are adding matchmaking and a better UI.  

We've discovered our main issue we have are with game design and balance as no one on the team has a background in game design, other than what we've picked up in our jobs. Would appreciate all your thoughts and feedback on how the gameplay feels as we want to make it as fun as possible.

Our aim is for fast paced games between 5 - 10 minutes and our target market are those who enjoy DOTA or Hearthstone casually. So not hardcore gamers, but not candy crush players either.

Here's what it currently looks like:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:15:24 AM by Solace » Logged

Multiplayer Tower Defense in your browser - http://www.towerstorm.com (Android + iOS coming soon!)
Telegal
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:51 AM »

I'm another member of team Tower Storm! Just saying Hi! Keen for feedback on the game.
Patomkin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:18:55 PM »

That a really nice game!
Played 5 matches, and going to play even more.

And here are my feedbacks so far:
• What does souls do? I guess this is some limit for maximum number of enemies you can send at once? But I never went below 15 souls, since I'm sending only biggest enemies and I don't have money for more then few at once.
• I hope some chat system is coming? Or some other way of communication, like "requests": you click on friendly tower and "please sell it", or you click on empty spot and "don't place here anything", or which is more important - "let's make huge wave in 10 sec", like making your own events ("let's push", "defend" and other).
• Tried to play with friend, he gave me a link, but I was in enemy team. Why so? I wan't to play together, not against.

I like this game, and I see a lot of potential in this idea.
(btw, I made my own TD game, so if you need more ideas or some balancing - I have experience in that, and maybe can help Smiley ).

Solace
Level 0

Hacking away on Tower Storm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 11:00:08 PM »

Hey Patomkin,

Thanks for the feedback! It's very much appreciated.

Yep souls are a minion cap, I'll be balancing them a little more in the future but it's really just to stop being able to send a stream of unlimited minions. We previously had it so you could send unlimited of any minion. However we realized that just clicking the one button over and over isn't fun and also makes attacking way too simple. So we added souls so that if you want to constantly attack you have to focus on that side of the map rather than being able to absent mindedly keep sending minions while focusing on your defense.

We want to make it so players focus on either attacking or defending and make it really hard to do both at the same time so teams have one or two people focusing on defense and one or two on offense, not everyone doing everything.

Yep chat and pings are coming soon Smiley

You can switch teams in the lobby, simply remove one of the bots from your team then your friend can click join on the empty slot. I'll look into making this clearer.

I'd love all your ideas and any issues you see with balance, all feedback is appreciated.

Multiplayer Tower Defense in your browser - http://www.towerstorm.com (Android + iOS coming soon!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic