Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 07:23:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallProteus beta 0.1 available now
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Proteus beta 0.1 available now  (Read 1333 times)
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2012, 03:56:36 PM »

Hey all,

Proteus, born on this very forum from a Devlog and a hookup on the Audio board, is now in an ever-trendy Minecraft-style beta phase ($7.50 for the normal pre-order)

http://www.visitproteus.com/

beta 0.1 came out just before GDC, and then next update should be within a month.

It's all about exploration and immersion, so kind of a notgame, but with some subtle systems to figure out in the world if you are curious. It seems to be going down well so far....

There's no up-to-date trailer, hopefully we'll figure one out soon. For now, it's the game that looks like this:

Hope you like it!

(PS - gonna try and show my face a bit more round here - was nice to meet some TIGgers in SF this month!)

Ashkin
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »

I've had my eye on this for a while. However, still contemplating whether to get it or not. Very pretty.
Nix
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »

dude that was my idea and you stole it probably from my diary or something can you just stop or put my name in the credits or something?
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:24:16 AM »

Ashkin - thanks! I'm still wondering whether its appropriate to make a demo version. Or maybe I'll just do some promo codes?

Nix - don't think so! Remind me?

Nix
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »

ya a game where it's like a big world and you can walk around and do stuff but it's artsy too and colorful and there are trees and things i thought of that like five years ago you probably snuck into my house and stole it from my diary...
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:29 AM »

I'm so excited for this. I would totally buy it if I had more than $2.00 in my bank account.

I've wanted another peaceful exploration game since I became bored of Noctis years ago.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic