Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 04:32:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 621841 times)
Nuprahtor
Level 3

Drunk on the Moon

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 15, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »

"I Left My Heart in San Francisco" is a nostalgic song. To leave you heart somewhere means you miss being there, you long to return to it. If you leave you heart in the trenches (of war) it means you want to go back to war. Is that the right tone for your game?
Thanks for help, rek!  Gentleman Yes, it's a right tone for it.
So, the game name will be "I Left My Heart In The Trenches" (I only remained to finish the game)

Thank God For The Rain - a magical neo-noir JRPG - devlog, tumblr
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

so that is my above game.

you battle through 5 islands Roguelike style to get to a magic gem. Originally I was calling it MicRogue. because of its mini nature, but I dont think it really works. Any suggestions?

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: December 22, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »

I think MicRogue is a brilliant name, maybe I'd recapitalize it as Microgue, but that's all.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: December 22, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »

yeah I guess my main concerns were people seeing the Micro and Rogue mashed together.

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: December 22, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »

I had problems recognizing what you meant; my first thought was "Microphone Rogue". I am no native speaker though. For some reason Microgue worked better for me.

noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 22, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »

Every other time I pass by that devlog I read it as McRogue.

(not that it's a bad thing, and i personally love the name MicRogue! but i also love the connotations of McRogue, so take that as you will :-)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1826 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »

MicRogue definitely divides it into Rogue and Mic (i.e. Microphone) for me - but I really like the name otherwise!

microgue or Microgue or MICROgue or mic ro gue or anything but Mic | Rogue? D:

edit : well and also, it's not a huge deal. Keep it! I think altered capitalization would help, but it's fine even as-is. Unless there's some other feature of the game you'd like to... capitalize upon

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »

I think "Microgue" is fine.

Just curious: if you couldn't include the word "rogue", what would you call it?
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1828 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »

Well I just wasn't sure if I wanted to compare it to Roguelikes, because in most peoples minds that automatically sets a bias in their mind and that would be the only reason for the term rogue.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 24, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »

Well I just wasn't sure if I wanted to compare it to Roguelikes, because in most peoples minds that automatically sets a bias in their mind and that would be the only reason for the term rogue.

Outside the game design industry I don't think the term/reference is that well known, honestly.
OddGoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1830 on: December 26, 2011, 04:01:05 AM »

A Trashy Love Story

A retro style platformer intended for Flash and Mobile.

(The main character is a flying plastic bag trying to get to her love, a garbage bin)

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 10, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »

I like a trashy love story as a name, I say keep it.

I've been building an arena game in which as a round object you roll around the screen, knocking different AIs off the level and collecting powerups.
click the screenshot to have a play of the game if you like

I've been struggling with a name for the game, I kind of liked Roll-Play for a while, but perhaps does just make it sound like an rpg. I plan to up the beat-em-upedness (it's a real word) with Street Fighter style menus and such so I have been edging towards Maku Kombat (maku being Japanese for rolling) but I worry that this won't tell you much about the game.
I'm not particularly attached to either name though and know you guys can do so much better a job.
Pencerkoff
CCCP
Level 4

Hello I am Pencerkoff

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 10, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »

Hello this is Pencerkoff

OddGoo:  trashy love story is indeed splendid.

capn.lee:  "Keep Your Eye on the Ball"

Roll-Play is excellent though.

-PENCERKOFF

OddGoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: January 10, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »

Maku Kombat has a much stronger appeal in my opinion! It has personality and strength. Roll-play, tho the words are more descriptive, says less to me as a player.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 11, 2012, 07:35:53 AM »

Maku Kombat has a much stronger appeal in my opinion! It has personality and strength. Roll-play, tho the words are more descriptive, says less to me as a player.

I'm the opposite; "Maku" means absolutely nothing to me. Hand Thumbs Down Left Concerned Hand Thumbs Down Right It could be salvaged though if "Kombat" were replaced with something more descriptive...

Maku Collision!
Maku Ball Fighting

I dunno.
Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1835 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:27 AM »

"Maku Kombat"...i don't know...the game is just rolling around trying to push out of the arena the enemies, right?? Then "kombat" is not the appropriate word...

Maku Push Brawl!,
Maku Arena!,
Super Maku Hero, etc...

I like "Maku" by the way Smiley

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1836 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:22 PM »

A Trashy Love Story

A retro style platformer intended for Flash and Mobile.

(The main character is a flying plastic bag trying to get to her love, a garbage bin)

How about "Bag Lady" as a hilarious pun title?

Walt Destler
Level 0

Walt Destler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: January 11, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

Anyone have any name suggestions for this starship design & simulation game? My current title, "Starship Builder" is super boring. My friends call it "Shippy-Ship" which alludes to an old game I made that was called Tanky-Tank. Currently leaning towards "Starwright".

Goodis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 11, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »

I started a fast paced shoot 'em up which is rather a "avoid 'em"
The goal is to score points by staying alive and go as far as possible.
You can do that by avoiding waves of enemies and/or using force fields.
Since a friend pointed at the fact that it looks like "StarFox", I named it StarForce.
Visually even if it's only at the stage of a prototype, it will be on the abstract side as you can see in this video

noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 11, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »

Since a friend pointed at the fact that it looks like "StarFox", I named it StarForce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Force
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic