Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 11:00:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 783895 times)
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: November 22, 2013, 06:30:11 AM »

Wait a minute! Are you adding ambient light? If anything we need less of it, specially the light that seem to be following the player.

If you're going to adjust ambient light, how about this, a slider in the options?

Better yet, kill ambient light almost completely and add more proper light sources, maybe even add some light you can carry with you.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3061 on: November 22, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »

Wait a minute! Are you adding ambient light? If anything we need less of it, specially the light that seem to be following the player.

If you're going to adjust ambient light, how about this, a slider in the options?

Better yet, kill ambient light almost completely and add more proper light sources, maybe even add some light you can carry with you.

Dude what.

Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 22, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »

There is a difference between carrying a light with you as an item and just having ambient light following you.

One would be an item that you'd have to pick up (or buy) and carry with you and it should cast the same kind of light that the torches do, i.e it's coloured and if we get what we saw a few pages back it should cast shadows.

The ambient light that currently follows you just makes things brighter as you come closer for no given reason, it also doesn't look like they were lit up they just become a bit brighter, it looks weird.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3063 on: November 22, 2013, 06:50:21 AM »

If it worked in Dark Souls it will work here. Ambient light is fine bruh. I'd even go so far as to say its completely necessary. It'd be really dumb to have to carry a light around and have to switch it out to fight, and now you're in the dark and cant see.

Otherwise, lets say you carry it in your offhand. Which you'd have to have up all the time. So it'd be the exact same thing as ambient light that follows the player.

Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 22, 2013, 06:56:33 AM »

Except it'd be cast an actual light to illuminate things rather than just make the brighter in some weird fashion. There is a visible difference, look at how a torch lights up a corridor and then look at how the ambient light that follows the player does it.

In any case the carry-able light is an option, it's not needed. The point is, if you want there to be ambient light the put in ambient light but make it constant rather than some degree constant and then a it more following the player. If you want proper light the set the ambient light as low as possible (it doesn't have to become pitch black without lights, that'd be bad, but it should be dark) and then place proper light sources around the dungeons like the torches.

If you don't want just torches around to light up then take the blue/green light sources that at least used to be placeable (can't remember if I've seen them a while) in the tiles, tie them to the crystals and have them cast light as well.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 22, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »

I want to chime in and say that the squinting made it feel a lot more personal and scary. My eyes were trying to focus as if I were actually surveying the tunnels myself, so when my eyes were struggling to focus, and my ears pick up a loud burst of fire, it jolts a lot of my senses and creates that wonderful Delver fear.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 22, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »

Heat here everybody, I haven't been on here in a while and I must say that this is most impressive.  I am bond by obligations that haven't let me work on the wiki and I'm probably not going to ever be able to go back to it.  I do have to ask everything that's been added since the graphics revamp if possible.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3067 on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

Working on adding some 'oomph' to hitting an enemy.

ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 23, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »

That's a bit too much 'oomph'.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 23, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »

That's a bit too much 'oomph'.
Agreed.

Smiley
AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 23, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »

I like where you're going with it, though. Just tone it down a bit Tongue

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 24, 2013, 05:27:30 AM »

Hey interrupt, I have some ideas for this! I just played the game for about 2 hours and I'm loving the new content.  I do however think there should be a few things that would spice hints up quite a bit.

Stat point notes, to explain how leveling up and speeding stat points works
Some permanent perks to be bought, over by the obbolisk by sacrificing 500-1000 gold. Like;
500- Soawn With Extra Food
750-Spawn With Set of potions
1000-Spawn with skill point

Start stat points off at zero since 4 attack doesn't change anything so it may as well be zero.
Classes that provide base stat boosts and spawn with additional stuff.
-Dungeon Raider-Basic Spawn Kit:Unlocked From Start
1 Of Everything

Dungeon Hunter-Has Helmet with 1 AC:Unlock by getting to floor 4
2 Of Everything

Dungeon Master-Has Helmet and Pants with 1 AC each:Must Kill The Lich
3 Of Everyting

Dungeon Delver-Has Helm and Pants with 1 AC and a sword with 1-3:must Recover Orb
4 Of Everything

-Warrior-Has Sword with 2-4 damage
5 Attack 1 Of Everything Else

-Guard-Has Iron Helmet with 3 AC
4 Defense 2 Health 1 Of Everything Else

-Rouge-Has Knife with 1-4 damage
4 Agility 4 Speed 1 Of Everything Else

-Wizard-Has 2 Wands on spawn
5 Magic 1 Of Everything Else

Smiley
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 24, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »

I'm with ya on this one! :D i want  lantern/ torch to carry around

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: November 25, 2013, 12:48:52 AM »

I like where you're going with it, though. Just tone it down a bit Tongue
Agreed. Would work great as is for special cases like when triggering traps or hit by a missile.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3074 on: November 25, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »

I finally went back in and revamped the unidentified Potion system, now it's more random and shouldn't have the issue it had before where it would apparently lose track of what potion did what between loads.

The other addition to this system is that when drinking a potion there's a 40% chance of remembering what that potion does, and it will replace that '? ? ?' text with the actual effect of the potion.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:59 AM »

I finally went back in and revamped the unidentified Potion system, now it's more random and shouldn't have the issue it had before where it would apparently lose track of what potion did what between loads.

The other addition to this system is that when drinking a potion there's a 40% chance of remembering what that potion does, and it will replace that '? ? ?' text with the actual effect of the potion.

Honestly I think it should be 50%.

Oh an it would be cool if you could buy a potion identifier back at camp.

Smiley
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3076 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »

So... you mean that if you get poisoned immediately after drinking, start to levitate or breathe fire or something equally obvious... your character still won't understand why? Smiley

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: November 26, 2013, 09:11:52 AM »

Your character won't remember the colour that you ingested, that's all Tongue
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3078 on: November 26, 2013, 09:56:50 AM »

Your character won't remember the colour that you ingested, that's all Tongue

Yeah, that's about it. I didn't want it to be remembered all of the time because it's not like your dude is taking the time to write all of this stuff down. 40% may be too low though, I'll watch it after release and see if it needs to be bumped up some.

This same system could work for scrolls as well, probably going to make them start unidentified in the same way.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: November 26, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »

Are testing versions still being released to people on a list?  If so is it too late for me to be put on that list?  I was just wondering.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic