Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411591 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 05:48:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBlack Ice - A Cyberpunk Hack & Shoot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Black Ice - A Cyberpunk Hack & Shoot  (Read 1424 times)
superdupergc
Level 0

hack.shoot.loot

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »

Black Ice

Play the free alpha at: superdupergc.com (PC/Mac/Linux)

Hi! My name is "Super Duper" Garrett Cooper and I'm about to launch a greenlight campaign for my cyberpunk hacking game, Black Ice. In Black Ice, you play as a hacker jacked into cyberspace, hacking megacorporations for their loot, defending yourself from their lethal countermeasures, or "Black Ice." It's a first person shooter with strong RPG elements, so it's kind of like Borderlands meets Tron.

I've been told Tigsource is a great place to meet not only players who love indie games, but also other developers. I'd love to talk to you. Please feel free to respond to this thread, or maybe even find me on Twitter - I'm @BlackIceTheGame.

A webcrawler spawns to defend a server

Features:
  • Fast-Paced First Person Combat
  • Billions of Randomly Generated Items
  • Deep Customization through the level-up system
  • A Giant Beautiful Procedurally-Generated Neon World
  • Extremely Open Development - I stream my development on Twitch and I let players vote on features
  • A wonderful original soundtrack by experienced composer V-Axys
  • Award-winning Addictive, Replayable Gameplay (I was in the IndieDB top 100 Indie Games of 2013!)
  • Zero Microtransactions. This game will only ever cost you money once, and not even yet. it's still free.
  • Developer Promise: No copyright takedowns on Let's Play videos

Overview of the neon game world

Currently, the game is free, but I'm almost ready to release multiplayer, and I will have to pay for the servers. Multiplayer will focus on co-op, but players will be able to create public games where anyone can join, and perhaps later, PVP.

I don't bite - I leave it to these guys.

Check out Black Ice at superdupergc.com | @BlackIceTheGame
Erichermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:09:55 PM »

I'm a big fan of Garrett's work and his game. I don't see people quite so socially active and supportive as this guy often.

Do you think you could post some gifs or pictures of actual gameplay occurring? I know you have the neat show off with the spider, but I think it'd be good to see one where you're actually killing one of those guys.

Slushy_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »

Welcome aboard Garrett  Beer!  You should think about posting in the feedback section too.

I make Indie Game preview vids  Smiley
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »

Finally arriving in tigs land eh? Yeah post more gifs, having watched this game develop on twitter and reddit I know you have plenty to show.

Otherwise welcome Smiley

You might want to think about starting a devlog thread on tigs if your looking for another source of feedback. I'm not quite sure how much traction Townhall really gets.

Erichermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »

Somehow I assumed this was in Devlogs.

Devlogs is the best place to post like this, especially since you can iteratively announce new developments there. Slap a post in the feedback zone too for sure.

Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:14:18 AM »

Don't know about the gameplay, can't test it at work Roll Eyes
But the graphics are really neat, how do you achieve such a good result ?

superdupergc
Level 0

hack.shoot.loot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

Ah! Good points, I'll post in other forums as appropriate.

JulienBe: I'm glad you like the graphics! I'm using Unity free, and it's mostly just texture work. The grid and the buildings are using a self-illuminative shader.  For the fire, it's just a layered particle effect.

Check out Black Ice at superdupergc.com | @BlackIceTheGame
William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »

Hey man! Nice to see you here. Been following the game for a few months over at Reddit.

Like Erichermit said, definitely start a thread in the devlog and feedback section. I think that's where most of the traffic is.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic