Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 10:28:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe game formerly known as Chroma
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: The game formerly known as Chroma  (Read 62077 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »

I like the new character, as well. I think it makes him look different - maybe Dusty's right, though. Maybe if he's lighting something up, for example, he can turn completely opaque. Anyway, great work!

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »

WTF That gameplay, holy wow.
Lexonite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

I like the robotic/bulb look of the new character- it offsets with the shadow-spirit thing more-so now.

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »

I like the new character, as well. I think it makes him look different - maybe Dusty's right, though. Maybe if he's lighting something up, for example, he can turn completely opaque. Anyway, great work!

Yeah I agree. I've made the filament in the middle brighter in game and applied a glow (accidentally to his whole body); it's looking better but I think the bulb part should glow and be more opaque as you said.

It's so fiddly trying to get it to look right Tongue

Cheers for the comments guys!

EDIT: May as well show you what I'm at with it currently:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:27:42 AM by Claw » Logged

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »

Super duper!

I'm not sure about the pixel on his right leg (north east of his foot). It looks a little odd with the grey pixel directly above.
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 12:44:40 AM »

Aha, I keep forgetting to change that, thanks for reminding me! I think I accidentally made the normal on that one pixel directly downwards or something Tongue

EDIT: Fixed it:

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 01:15:57 AM »

Ah yes! Smiley

Still want to see subtle colours everywhere, but I'll live..  Grin
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »

Feels like ages since I posted anything - here's some vines:

I'm off work ill at the moment so took the chance to get the vines mapped out a bit better than I had them + polished up the art for them.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »

Perhaps once you feel better you should "be sick" for a few more days... Smiley

NICE VINES BTW.

play hydlide 2
PypeBros
Level 0

Simplest, but not Simpler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2012, 07:14:53 AM »

"a boy and his shadow", if I correctly guessed from your page 1 video ... great concept.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29:30 AM »

Nice vines. I was thinking that it would be cool if you had little dust particles floating about - that might help out ambiance, especially with the lighting system.

Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2012, 08:08:19 AM »

There is actually already dust particles floating around in the air Solar Grin Pretty tough to see on youtube vids though. But also on that same note, probably gonna make dust come off the floor as you walk too but not got round to it yet - along with this I'm gonna have different sounds for materials you stand on, figured it'd be easier to do the particles after the sound bit (no concept of materials implemented in game yet).

Cheers  Coffee

Thanks PypeBros Smiley

Thanks Seagaia, even though I've been sick for a few days (all weekend too) I pretty much carried on with game development, it's just 'real' work I avoided Grin probably back to the dayjob grind tomorrow though.

jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »

It is good to see some additional colors. Since the vines are green you may want to change the chest color (red? gold?) for some contrast. Or did you intentionally make them the same color for some reason?

Regardless, looking good! I always am pleased to see this pop up at the top of the devlogs with updates.

Ant
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2012, 11:25:21 AM »

God this is looking so bloody good. Hand Thumbs Up Right

I really like the greys + accent colour. Maybe have a different accent for light/dark characters? Could be useful for extras puzzles, such as making it hard for one character to see platforms while the other can.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »

I like the vines too, although the green looks a bit too artificial. Have you tried more of a bluish or yellowish tint to it?
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »

It is good to see some additional colors. Since the vines are green you may want to change the chest color (red? gold?) for some contrast. Or did you intentionally make them the same color for some reason?

Regardless, looking good! I always am pleased to see this pop up at the top of the devlogs with updates.

Thanks! The colors being the same is intentional Wink

God this is looking so bloody good. Hand Thumbs Up Right

I really like the greys + accent colour. Maybe have a different accent for light/dark characters? Could be useful for extras puzzles, such as making it hard for one character to see platforms while the other can.

Thanks, the light and dark chars actually have different colour impacts on the world, shadow being a pure grey scale on the base world while the light version has a palette applied Smiley The difference is subtle, but easier to notice in game when you make the switch.

I like the vines too, although the green looks a bit too artificial. Have you tried more of a bluish or yellowish tint to it?

Cheers for the feedback - I agree, the colour seems a tad off in that pic. I've had a play with the saturation and contrast on the vines and got it a little nicer. Still work to be done with this scene but it's a lot nicer than it was this morning now Grin

Thanks for all the feedback guys Smiley

EDIT: Some images aren't appearing for me at the moment, all hosted via drop box so if you can't see them either it's a problem on their end or I've boned my usage limits Grin

DOUBLE EDIT: Here's another shot -
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:56:00 AM by Claw » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »

As always that's lovely. Any plans for a new video?

knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »

New character design is  Hand Money Right.

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
Claw
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

As always that's lovely. Any plans for a new video?

I'll put up a new vid soon, I'm gonna demo part of the game at a jam in about 2 weeks and get some feedback before that though. Specifically wanting to get opinions on this scene I'm showing screen shots of at the moment in full animation.

shao
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 01:15:10 AM »

This grass is very good, in general the atmosphere is very good, however I think something does not fit the character, the character off light, perhaps could give another meaning to the light, for example could be a man in a state of depression the light indicates the hope out of it, the light may decrease and thus their hope, so the difficulty would increase, this would indicate that the character is losing hope and progress becomes more difficult.

Although perhaps involves a redesign of many sections of your program.

Well, maybe something you can serve the idea.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:27:36 AM by shao » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic