Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 04:40:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRaze: Universe (TD, roguelike & strategy)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Raze: Universe (TD, roguelike & strategy)  (Read 544 times)
Rolkus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »

Hi guys,

Two weeks ago I started a new project. I am combining tower defense with roguelike and strategy game elements to create a different type of game to be played on mobile devices. At this stage, no PC/MAC support, but that may change.

The game is currently called Raze: Universe -- but chances are that'll change.

You can download a windows demo engine and about 5 waves of enemies: DOWNLOAD 13.6mb

Few things:

- The aim of the game is to defend your space station
- Press (left) to move your ship around, it has a laser that will shoot at the closest enemy
- There is currently no game-over trigger if you lose your ship or your space station. Press 'R' to reset the room.
- Currently, only 2 enemy types. All defenders work 100%.
- There is no sound.
- There is a place holder for text on the 'first' ship type which shows what level the laser is (in increase, press L) -- this was a testing feature and uses global variables which will be upgraded through upgrade points which you gain through completing waves and bosses.
- A button on the bottom right hand side, is for a 'resource gatherer' - send him away (costs 1000 credits) and he'll return with a random amount of credits. But he is weak, and you need to time your launches well.
- 'K' increases your credits, used for debug purposes. I try to play as normal as possible.
- There are only 5 waves, each wave is randomized, but as there are only two enemies, you'll probably get the same lot a few times.
- There is currently no use for Upgrade Points at this point, but there well be soon.
- There will be strictly no IAP - I am not a fan.
- Price point will probably be arond the $4.99 (AUD, possibly like $3.50USD)

I am keen to get opinions and any bugs you find, it's taken about two weeks to get this far, and am happy with the result so far. I plan for this game to be hard, and fast. I want HUNDREDS of ships on screen at once, all battling it out.

Screenshots:

@rolkus

Crockets!
Break and Enter
Nathan (@nathanenglert)
Level 0

twitter.com/nathanenglert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 04:45:03 AM »

This looks interesting, I like the idea!  Haven't played the demo yet, but my only comment would be that the stars in those screenshots are a little distracting.  If you faded them into the background a little more, it would help the main elements on the screen stand out more (ships, text, etc.).

Keep up the good work!

Rolkus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:02:49 AM »

Fully agree Nathan, it'll be toned done quite a bit in the next demo release.

@rolkus

Crockets!
Break and Enter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic