Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411629 Posts in 69392 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 01:06:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Power (Flash Version)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Power (Flash Version)  (Read 804 times)
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:54:08 AM »

Hello Everyone
The Power flash version is now online over GamePirate

The Power Trailer

Screenshots

Game Origin:
The Power was made in 2008 by Alexitron using game maker and it was featured by Indiegames weblog that time and also was number 15 of best freeware platformers of 2008 on Indiegames. One year ago me and Alexitron decided to port this game to flash so more users can play it (Mac user, Linux users).

Game Description:
The Power is a platform/adventure game with the focus on exploration and action, no puzzles. It has 5 different locations on one planet, many weapons, items, upgrades, boss fights and 2 different endings depending if you get all items or not. The graphics style and the game overall is simplistic.

Porting to flash:
We (me and Alexitron) decided to make the game better than the previous PC version by making smooth room transition and adding music and wanted make animated intro. We decided to use FlashPunk to write the game in flash thanks to Chevy Ray for this amazing engine, and started searching for musician. Since I worked with Brother Android before (on Mountainer) I decided to contact him and at same time Alexitron had contacted Pgil and both said yes so we had two musician for the game where they made a very nice tracks for the game (you can download it for free(http://pgil.bandcamp.com/album/the-power-ost)). Then started working and fixing bugs and we abandoned the game for a while and return to work on it again till is finished and sponsored by GamePirate (will post about that on my blog and here).

I hope you will like the new flash version like original one Smiley
Your comments are welcome !
Smiley

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:00:48 AM by amidos2006 » Logged

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:47:35 AM »

The Power has been featured by JayIsGames, FreeIndieGames, IndieGame Magazine Smiley

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »

Awesome.  I remember the original The Power.  The game looks and feels very good.  Nice job.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »

Awesome.  I remember the original The Power.  The game looks and feels very good.  Nice job.

Thanks Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic