Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 11:44:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 622133 times)
Urthvas Williamson
Level 0

Urthvas Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2440 on: July 06, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »

Haha, your game Tilebased looks a lot like mine!

Watch out, those wolves are badass!

"I'm not gonna change into anything, Ty. I must take him on as a man. So the others realize they can stand up to him.  Without fear."

See the I.G.F. Announce trailer for BREATH OF THE DRAGON:

See updates on the tumblr at: http://urthvas.tumblr.com
EmilMeiton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 07, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »

I'm working on a game right now that I call sweeper. Reading this thread I realise how bland it sounds. What do you all think about the name "Take me home" or maybe "Swipe me home"?
The game is a puzzle game where you controll a character through a series of random generated puzzle maps.

Here's my devlog
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=34595.0
Fugsnarf
« Reply #2442 on: July 09, 2013, 07:57:36 PM »

Sweeper is much better than either of those names. A quick Google search doesn't show that it's been taken, so I would consider keeping it. If you don't want to, then I would suggest avoiding pronouns. It sounds and looks very odd and unappealing.
Spacew00t
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2443 on: July 10, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »

I need help naming my game, I made a list of names you can choose from (or suggest your own!)

Description:
Build your ship, hire crew, and voyage across the stars... only there's no fancy warp drives, wormholes, or faster than light travel. You're tasked with managing your ship on the generations long trip between each star system, keeping them happy, healthy, and under control! There'll be various hazards, missions, and resources to mine in proceduraly generated galaxies.

Screenshots
Note: The galaxies will not be so hidiously colored, they're just like that for debugging. each color represents a different spiral arm.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:11 AM »

The Adventure of Hero Quest

Hero Quest is a professional hero, mainly because he happens to fill almost every heroic prophecy you can think of. Village destroyed by evil villains? Check. Mysterious marking on the back of hand? Check. Legendary weapon (the Axeblade) check.

It's sort of an action-platformer parody of games with a legendary hero.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: July 11, 2013, 08:44:31 AM »

In My Opinion Here are
Things That Make It Easier
To Come Up With A Name For Your
Unnamed (Or Poorly Named) Game

Wizard Who: Tell us about the player character(s), including any names or back story you may have for them.

Wizard What: Tell us the game's genre, defining mechanics, and look/feel/experience.

Wizard Where: Tell us about the game's setting, the world it takes place in, and any names you may have for it.

Wizard When: Similar to Where, tell us about the game's setting in time – the past, the future, a lost age shrouded in mystery, the 1970s, etc.

Wizard Why: Tell us the player-character's goal, and what you hope the player feels in pursuing that goal.

Do

Hand Money Right 1. Be aware of the importance of a memorable and unique name. Games with generic names can be difficult to find online. Convoluted fantasy names are hard to remember. Names that sound like existing things are easily mistaken for them (lawsuit time!) or lost among search engine results.

Hand Money Right 2. Research. What are some words and names you like, and why do you like them? Is it the sound or shape of the word? Are there synonyms you can use to make your game's name stand out?

Hand Money Right 3. Take your time. If you're still in the early stages of development, a project name can be used as a place-holder for the final name.

Don't

Tiger 1. Don't ask us to pick from a list of terrible names. You know they're terrible because you couldn't commit to one yourself, so you're here asking strangers on the internet to convince you they aren't terrible.

Tiger 2. Don't mistake art style or genre for name components. It's needlessly limiting, and it's been done to death. Retro 8-Bit Pixelvania isn't unique, it's forgettable, and it doesn't communicate anything about the game other than the most superficial things.

Tiger 3. Don't forget to follow up. If nobody replied to your initial post it's probably because there wasn't enough to go on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:06:10 AM by rek » Logged
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2446 on: July 11, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »

@TheNineRings Sorry, but Hero Quest is also a board game I spent half of my childhood with.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: July 12, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »

Rek, this is so wise post.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
AlienSync
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2448 on: July 19, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »

The Intergalactic Trashman or Intergalactic Trashman? The second one rolls off the tongue better.
Homamo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2449 on: July 22, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »

Hello!

This is my first post in this forum Coffee I'm hoping to get some help in naming the game I'm working on.

Game Description:
The game is a 3D third-person space-shooter with a cinematic experience.
The action takes place inside continuously transforming wormholes and dense nebulae, facing a myriad of different enemies infected with a nasty AI virus. The final fight will be against the virus which manifests itself as billions of atoms materializing in terrifying shapes.

Possible Names:
- Void Encounter
- Abstract Impact
- Void Destructor
- Behind Void
- Event-H

Open for any additional names.
Many thanks!

Luciano
Level 0

Just Think

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: July 26, 2013, 02:21:20 AM »

could be :

Artificial Apocalypsis or something in that way Toast Left

An Argentinian Indie Developer, yeah, messi, francisco the pope and derivates.<br /><br />@vodkasec for my bizarre version.
MrBones
« Reply #2451 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »

Name:
Double Death

Description:
A squad based survival shooter with over the top customization and gameplay, all bundled in a retro comic book stylization.

Screenshot:
N/A at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:48:33 PM by MrBones » Logged
AdventureIslands
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2452 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »

Name: Tiny Guns

Description: Sunset Riders inspired, fast-paced Run and Gun game, where you control two bounty hunters on a quest to save the Wild West from bandit invasion. You jump, run and shoot your way through hordes of bandits to reach a difficult bandit leader at the end of each stage.

I originally wanted the name to be Gunparade, or Dashing Desperadoes, but what do you know, two games with those names already exist.

Screens:

Some logo designs:
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 07, 2013, 05:47:36 AM »

Can anyone think of anything better that "Spellbound" or "I Dream of Witches"?
Your name "I Dream of Witches" is fine. I'd stick to it. It tells the story of the game, you can't get a lot better than that.

Yeah.
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:38 AM »

Name:
Double Death

Description:
A squad based survival shooter with over the top customization and gameplay, all bundled in a retro comic book stylization.

Screenshot:
N/A at the moment.

Cool name. Sounds like Jean Claude Van Damme 80's film. If the style is retro, I think that the name is perfect
TheHermit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2455 on: August 16, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

My current project is called 'Travelogue', and is an exploration game where you wander around and stuff happens to you, sort of like Oregon Trail if it were more of an RPG. One gimmick based on this is that the game records everything that you run into on the roads into a journal that you can export at the end of the game.

Urban Hermit Games

Games: Travelogue, Rebound Recon, Heat Sink
mattiasf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 21, 2013, 09:35:19 AM »

My game's named Machinist-Fabrique.

It's a puzzle game where the Machinist visits a city/abandoned factory called Fabrique to get the machines working again. The player plays the Machinist and reprograms (actually uses a graphical programming language) machines to deliver orbs to goals.

It's a puzzle game and it's a teaching game that'll teach you about programming while having fun and being challenged.

Fabrique means "Factory" in french - I use it because I like the sound of it.

If this game works out I want to create more Machinist games where the Machinist programs other machines in different settings, so there could be a Machinist-Atlantis in the future.

See http://www.indiedb.com/games/machinist-fabrique for additional details and please let me know what you think about the name!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:43:12 AM by mattiasf » Logged
team23
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 21, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »

Hey Folks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Working title: Zombie Blocks

Summary:
Boxel/Voxel game set in a procedurally generated city.  Player explores the city looking for supplies to survive and weapons/arms to defend themselves from the zombies that have taken over the city.  Zombies attack the player in waves during the night, requiring the player to either fend them off, or attempt to evade them until dawn.  

Gameplay:
The player will be searching buildings to find items/weapons to assist in their survival.  During which time they will be combating/evading zombies during the day.  They will then need to find shelter as night falls and may fortify their shelter by crafting new items, or by modifying the shelter itself.  Finally at night they will fight off zombie waves that will pursue the player until the player is dead, or daylight arrives.  

What I want the player to feel:
Basically I wanted to make a world too big for the player to explore, and to make it evident to the player.  I want them to know that every building out there has stuff inside it, but also they realize that there's no way to clean out every building.  I'm hoping it will introduce a small sense of unease, as while the player has an idea about their surroundings, they're never quite sure.  

I want the game to be much more about modifying existing structures, and not as much about building your own.  And I want design to be functional, so enemies can break walls, dig into the earth, or scale buildings to get to the player.  

Words I'm currently using (Not required in the title, just what I'm using atm):
Dead - Obviously a strong "this game has zombies" nod
City/Metro - My programmer side saying "Just describe the game"

Screenshot of a small city chunk (Obviously not final):
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:05:04 PM by team23 » Logged
makehimanoffer
Level 0

I make good games, I swear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2458 on: August 22, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

Currently Working on a sort of much improved version of my newgrounds game jam game called XCVB

As such I named it simply: Super XCVB

XCVB refers to the controls needed to play it.

Not everything you call a game is a game. We need new definitions. We need interactive experiences. Short Interactions. And Games. Otherwise I'll accidentally end up playing a 'not game' and bitch about it on the internet.
cyrohzin
Level 0

things go here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2459 on: August 27, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »

My game's named Machinist-Fabrique.

Machinist-Fabrique could be pretty good. Using the french word for factory is clever, although it could be off putting because it does (to me at least) kind of sound like fabric. The interesting part here is that Machinist-Fabrique could double entendre (oh snap french) in that the factory creates the machinist (the player in this case), because it teaches them  Beer!

Musician and game hobbyist<br />Cyrohzin.com
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic