Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 10:43:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Humble Indie Bundle #3
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: The Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 41033 times)
st33d
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »

I've got my pitchfork...
Headless Man
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8208212863/the-psychology-of-the-reticle-and-the-feeling-of

I take it all back.  Notch is awesome and handsome and not in the least bit Swedish.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »

I like how he pretty much just implemented the opposite of this (which has been suggested for the angel statues in Terraria, so I'm sure he's aware of it):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angels

But then writes a long blog post to make it sound like an entirely original concept...

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »

Dayum. This is not in the least bit "humble". Best deal I've heard in a long time.
Headless Man
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »

I like how he pretty much just implemented the opposite of this (which has been suggested for the angel statues in Terraria, so I'm sure he's aware of it):

But then writes a long blog post to make it sound like an entirely original concept...

He mentioned a mob that works like the weeping angels (he said something about Boos from Mario) months ago.  This isn't a new development and doesn't have anything to do with terraria.
Swattkidd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2011, 01:53:31 AM »

yeah haha. instead of putting his game in a pack, he's doing this kind of neat advertising. so if people buy his game from this little promo, he gets to keep all the money instead of splitting it up with the others. cake gets expensive.

GENIUS.

I think of it as he is giving more people the incentive of buying the bundle, its freaking minecraft people are gonna go apesh*t over it even if it is just a limited demo, and is not going to take any of the money he earns the developers in the bundle. Seems fair to me.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2011, 02:05:28 AM »

He mentioned a mob that works like the weeping angels (he said something about Boos from Mario) months ago.  This isn't a new development and doesn't have anything to do with terraria.

My point was that he's making it sound like it's a concept he came up with after carefully studying "The psychology of the reticle and the feeling of control", when he pretty much just cribbed it from Dr. Who. I don't know, that blog post just feels a bit dishonest to me...

Laserbrain Studios
Headless Man
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2011, 02:17:03 AM »

My point was that he's making it sound like it's a concept he came up with after carefully studying "The psychology of the reticle and the feeling of control", when he pretty much just cribbed it from Dr. Who. I don't know, that blog post just feels a bit dishonest to me...

Copyright infringement is not cribbing!

Haha, now I'm just being silly.

Yeah, he waffles on a bit about it but converting the blink angels/boos into a first person game will be cool and he's clearly thought a lot about the implementation.  I like how they don't become aggressive until the reticule is on them.  It sounds like creepy fun.
Ashkin
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2011, 02:45:54 AM »

Guys, this thread is neither about copyright infringement nor Minecraft. Please get back on topic.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2011, 02:46:46 AM »

Oh, it's definitely a cool idea. I think I just read the blog post in a smug "look at what a brilliant game designer I am" way instead of Notch's usual "wouldn't this be cool" kinda way.

EDIT: And, yeah, back on topic...

Laserbrain Studios
Hamletz
Level 1

rethinking the american game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2011, 04:44:11 AM »

WHY DO I SHOULD I HAVE PAY WHEN IT JUST 1 CENT TO BUY 5 GAME HAHAHA NO I AM JOKE.
dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2011, 05:17:01 AM »

If anything, the copyright "debate" (which is dignifying it since it's barely more than a collection of random insults) shows that Propaganda works and headless drones bite right into it. Please start thinking for yourself before you copy/paste industrial propaganda, call it your opinion and then fire an insult barrage, yes? Thank you. It's fine to be pro or contra about something, but with your own arguments please.

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
Headless Man
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2011, 05:36:23 AM »

Look at this.  LOOK AT IT.  This is perfect.  You are perfect.  I love you.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2011, 06:07:01 AM »

Headless man, i remember you talking about emulating arcade games and having a MAME folder with several gigs of roms in the not-too-distant past. You're hardly in a position to get on your high horse about piracy.
Headless Man
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2011, 06:15:37 AM »

Headless man, i remember you talking about emulating arcade games and having a MAME folder with several gigs of roms in the not-too-distant past. You're hardly in a position to get on your high horse about piracy.

Why on earth not?  What a bizarre comment.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2011, 06:53:43 AM »

the answer is in your heart
Headless Man
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »

I bellyfeel that.
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2011, 07:11:21 AM »

Looks like I'll finally try out Minecraft.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2011, 10:01:20 AM »

So far minecraft is running really slow. Which is weird because I can run L4D and TF2 no problem.

Is the game just that unoptimised? Or ... What?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »

No, it was written in Java.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic