Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:14:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSparky - Really Horrible Demo Up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Sparky - Really Horrible Demo Up!  (Read 20141 times)
Kramlack
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »

Oh no, I have no choice but to finish this awesome game, won't someone think of the children!?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »

Oh no, I have no choice but to finish this awesome game, won't someone think of the children!?

Yeah, I know, right?! This is horrible - a true travesty. Sad

THE BATTLE OF SAR CHASM AND THE DOG OF TIME

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2012, 11:06:13 PM »

Congratulations on the listing on IndieDB's front page, definitely deserving game cause it looks and plays great for such an early build.

Also like your new Avatar. Is that for the other game you've been posting on the screenshot saturdays?

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 11:30:29 PM »

Thanks a lot. Yeah, the avatar is for that game. The idea is that you can customize your character, so this is an example of one of the outfits that he can wear. The outfits will also have abilities / give you passive strengths, which make them more useful than simple customization options. Not sure how useful it is to have customization options with an NES style and color palette, though.  Shrug

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 07:04:54 AM »

I haven't been working on this much, as I've focused mainly on Soldier Of over the past few months, but I'd like to work on both consecutively, if possible. Something that should help with this is a to-do list.

Basically, with Soldier Of, I have a To-Do list of features to implement and bugs to fix. It seems to be pretty easy to do something on the list every day, and the list goes to around half of all of the features implemented into the game (not all of the maps and items; just the main features / things that I need to implement). If I do the same with Sparky, I should be able to work on both at the same time, just by checking things off of the list.

I'm not sure if I ever posted this, but I implemented sideways attacks into the game. Now you can attack from the side, as well as above.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 05:22:15 PM »

I'd concentrate on "Solder Of", if I were you. It has potential to be quite cool..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic