Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:15:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 904469 times)
Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: August 03, 2014, 04:33:55 AM »

Tried playing "Only If". It's dumb.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: August 03, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »

Tried playing "Only If". It's dumb.

Never heard of it. Too indie for me.
ink.inc
« Reply #5762 on: August 03, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »

mario cart is going to give me an aneurysm
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5763 on: August 03, 2014, 10:03:55 PM »

Apparently it already has. Mario... "Cart"?

:1

Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: August 03, 2014, 11:54:53 PM »

I'm probably going to play Archeage when it comes out

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5765 on: August 04, 2014, 05:27:48 AM »

I haven't played many games recently, only game I've played consistently is Mario Kart 8 on Sundays with some friends. That's pretty fun, though we're still trying to get through the all the cups to unlock mirror mode and all the parts.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »

this is now the "john sandoval hates every game" thread
coremission
Level 0

game press

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5767 on: August 04, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »

Valiant Hearts  Well, hello there!

CoreMission — russian website about games and gamedev
ink.inc
« Reply #5768 on: August 04, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »

thats not true master blaster is pretty sweet
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »

There needs to be a Spacechem 2 or some other new programming/engineering-type puzzle game
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: August 04, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »

but will u still be saying that in 2 weeks
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: August 04, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »

There needs to be a Spacechem 2 or some other new programming/engineering-type puzzle game

http://www.kongregate.com/games/krispykrem/the-codex-of-alchemical-engineering

Zachtronics made another programming type game that was pretty fun.

http://pleasingfungus.com/Manufactoria/

Our own Pleasing Fungus made a game about quality checking and programming robots that was the first programming game I played and liked.

Yeah, I'd love for another game along those lines with the same level of polish as Spacechem, though.

Lightning Returns is pretty fun, but it's a lot like Pikmin 3 where you can't really play it to relax. Being constantly under the gun is a little frustrating, especially when the levels are pretty lovely and you want to explore them and instead I'm racing around town trying to locate clocks to complete one quest while trying to get to a train station to get on with another while making mental notes on where I need to be and how I'll get there in about six hours when some flowers manage to grow. I think once I beat the game once and get into New Game + it'll move more smoothly, since it seems like the sort of game that doesn't hit its stride until you know a little about what you're doing and move from discovery to mastery.

2 (by Hubol) was lovely and weird and a little (a lot) vulgar despite being so deceptively cute. Graphically it's gorgeous considering the corrupted graphic motif and huge variety of unique art. The puzzle to find the third dragon boner was kind of obnoxious, though. Other than that the bosses were great and I love the variety of secrets. I still need to find the last few hearts and beat the extra mode I unlocked.

Professor Layton: Miracle Mask is pretty great so far, and because it's so easy to play in small bursts it keeps pulling me away from Lightning Returns. Contrary to my initial thoughts, they brought back Daily Puzzles for Azran Legacy so I bought it and played to the first save point for the singular purpose of getting the daily puzzle downloads.

I've been watching Twitch Plays Pokemon as it moves from game to game and they finally beat Pokemon X (the last in the series). That one was played on an actual 3DS so wifi was enabled and near the end it started to get really interesting because people were trading friend codes to try and wonder trade with the stream (which was often successful, and the result was the winning party eventually found its way into the hands of people watching the game on Twitch, which is neat). The streamer has also been playing around with hacking the games, most notably to insert old teams from previous runs as bosses (Pokemon Black 2 ended with a tournament where the players battled and defeated every winning team from every previous Twitch run, which was very exciting since nobody was expecting it until it happened). Now they're playing Pokemon Stadium 2, but modified so that people can bet on the matches, manipulate which moves get chosen and it has custom music to alleviate the tedium of the single background theme. They're also going to stream Pokemon Omega Ruby on release day, which will be really cool to watch and may attract a pretty big following (compared to recent counts between 1,000 and 2,000 viewers, probably not compared to the original run). It also sounds like future content may include competing streams where games like red and blue are played simultaneously so players can race.

It's not likely to get the massive attention it did back when they played the gen 1 run way back in february, but I have hopes that it'll continue to live on and experiment and remain popular for a very long time.

I am falling way behind on playing games. I need to quit my job so I have more time for playing.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5772 on: August 04, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »

Jagged Alliance 2.
Getting into these really strategic games lately. Gonna try D/Generation and Tom Clancy's Ruthless.com at some point soon.

ink.inc
« Reply #5773 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »

but will u still be saying that in 2 weeks

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=18560.msg1042932#msg1042932

ye
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: August 05, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »

Lightning Returns is pretty fun, but it's a lot like Pikmin 3 where you can't really play it to relax. Being constantly under the gun is a little frustrating, especially when the levels are pretty lovely and you want to explore them and instead I'm racing around town trying to locate clocks to complete one quest while trying to get to a train station to get on with another while making mental notes on where I need to be and how I'll get there in about six hours when some flowers manage to grow. I think once I beat the game once and get into New Game + it'll move more smoothly, since it seems like the sort of game that doesn't hit its stride until you know a little about what you're doing and move from discovery to mastery.

Eh, by the time the end rolls around, you will feel like you have tons of time (unless you are trying to genocide [or whatever the game calls it (extinction?)] all of the monsters in the game). 
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: August 06, 2014, 06:55:46 AM »

The devs behind Little Town have come up with a "roguelike" puzzle game called Road Not Taken. Surprisingly enough, given the combination of genres, it does both elements well. There is that same frantic roguelike feel due to having limited energy which is exhausted when you carry objects around, get hit by enemies, etc, plus the puzzle element of going through screens optimally using the individual quirks of each grid object. There are also additional things to do in town (safety) including building relationships with people by giving them rewards found through stages, or answering their questions, to customizing yourself and the stages to make then easier/harder(usually more rewarding), such as banning puzzle elements/enemies from stages, to equipping charms that help boost you, sometimes at the cost of something else.

Haven't gotten too into codex yet, but I do remember manufactoria, and quitting it early because it was too difficult to wrap my head around. getting back into it, it's a fantastic game. There needs to be a Manufactoria 2
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5776 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »

I've been playing Road Not Taken, too. It's fantastic. I love that the game itself is as much of a puzzle as each screen.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5777 on: August 07, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »

Started playing Dishonored.  Enjoying it so far.  After playing through the first three MGSs, having a stealth game where I can move around while looking in first person is refreshing.  Although I can't say Arkane studio's writing has improved much since Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (it was already giving me DMMM flashbacks before I remembered that it was the same developer).

Vidal
Level 0

What have we here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5778 on: August 07, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »

I recently played The Legend of Zelda on the NES. I died another twenty-something times today, but at least I made some progress.  Wink
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5779 on: August 10, 2014, 06:01:43 AM »

^ Now THIS is how action-adventure is.

Lately? Rogue Legacy a lot (I die another 20x an hour, but I'm still making progress), The Binding of Isaac (Community Remix Mod) which is really enticing, even with a fresh savegame; Super SF IV (in preparation of Ultra...eventually), Vanguard Princess...

I went on a total DuckTales Remastered binge a couple weeks back. That Transylvania theme remix is stuck in my head on permaloop... (

)

Played UnEpic, pretty solid design. I like how the game reveals one corridor to you at a time, in spite of it's whole screen-based layout. It's a cool balance between "field of vision" trickery and being able to tell wtf is going on.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic